Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Q Multiroom possibility...

• 17-11-2020 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi everyone, looking for a little help if anyone can help: Thinking of getting Sky Q Multiroom as currently only have Sky in the main living area. A couple of questions:
    1. Is an engineer required to call to the house to install multiroom, or can I install the minibox myself? If engineer required, at what cost?
    2. Is really fast internet (WiFi) required in order for Sky Q multiroom to work? (WiFi signal wouldn't be the strongest in other rooms, but is fast enough to stream Netflix)
    All responses appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 Alex Sky Doctor

I assume you have Sky Q main box installed already.

1. Is an engineer required to call to the house to install multiroom, or can I install the minibox myself?
    - First you will need to order the mini box at the same time upgrade your subscription. So call Sky Sales and talk to an advisor and mention you want to install the box yourself! They should then post a mini box out to you! Installation of a minibox is easy. Just WPS it to the main box or the router. Or to the network with a password. Just make sure the main box and the mini box sits on the same network

- If engineer required, at what cost? - Not sure about the cost. 120 Euro is in my head for some reason, bit I might be mistaken.

2. Is really fast internet (WiFi) required in order for Sky Q multiroom to work? (Wi-Fi signal wouldn't be the strongest in other rooms, but is fast enough to stream Netflix)

Yes! As HD signal is transmitted, I would say so, as slow internet will couse image jam or freasing. Anyway, you have to use some app to test your BB fist and it shoul meet the requirement.
    Then you have to think where you place your minibox (how far etc).
    There are a number of factors that can affect the strength of your overall Wi-Fi signal. Whether there is dry wall, a wooden door, brick walls, or concrete in the way, your Wi-Fi signal is ultimately affected as it needs to be transmitted through these different materials.

In many cases a WiFi booster will solve the Wi-Fi spread issue.

Your welcome!

Advertisement