Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celebrities you hate but didn't always dislike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ainegrainne

Muireann O'Connell. Overacts and overreacts to ****ing everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Madonna. Her ego seems to have taken over.

Feel a bit sorry for her more than hate her.

She always struck me as a horrible person. She'd push her granny down a lift shaft if she thought it would further her career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Ray D'Arcy. Used to like him a looooong time ago (I mean, we are talking with Zig and Zag here). Now he's just an opinionated misery-tw*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Clarkson is what he is and makes no apologies for it, he gave somesnowflake a slap, big deal

He apologised for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dermot and Dave from today FM.
    Though this morning they were pretty funny normally they get in the way of just playing the music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Madonna. Her ego seems to have taken over.

Feel a bit sorry for her more than hate her.
    She always struck me as a horrible person. She'd push her granny down a lift shaft if she thought it would further her career.

100%

There's not many people I hate but I actually hate Madonna. She is the most humourless, self-absorbed person I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

100%

There's not many people I hate but I actually hate Madonna. She is the most humourless, self-absorbed person I've ever seen.
    She should be punished. What about a good spanking...oh hang on, scratch that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

YFlyer wrote: »
    Sol Campbell.

Have a mate in north London who lives not too far from Sol Campbell. They share the same petrol station and he tells me that even to this day when Sol goes out in public in the area theres a good chance some Spurs supporter will shout abuse at him. They dont forgive and forget what he did, thats for sure.

Arghus wrote: »
    I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate Blindboy. I know some people just can't stand him, but I think he has the capacity to be bang on the money about certain issues every once in a while still. But, yeah, he has gotten fonder and fonder of his own voice as the years have gone on. I can't listen to his podcast. It's too much. Too much off the cuff hot takes and misinterpreted or misremembered facts. He needs to dial it back a bit.

It is a bit of a pity because when The Rubberbandits first came on the scene, even before Horse outside and all that, you could tell there was obvious talent there and even a bit of genuine comic genius. For a few years everything the two boys did was top quality.

Hate is obviously too strong a word but he's just one of those gurning idiots.

The type who complain about homelessness but use Airbnb, believe artists should be paid for their work but use Spotify, who want worker's rights to be protected but use Uber and Deliveroo. Spare me from the ****ers who complain about Apple's human rights and tax violations but also use Apple products.

I wouldn't mind if he was a teenager but he's nearly forty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I thought I was up to date but who is blind boy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭maninasia

I’ve had hot food after an incredibly taxing day caught in truly horrendous weather. I was incredibly cold with water pooled in my shoes and I was exhausted too. That food tasted better than anything I had eaten in my life. But I know for a fact that I wouldn’t have lost my temper if I didn’t get that food. Cold food would have been fine. Anything would have been fine. There was no excusing for his behaviour and, as someone correctly pointed out, Clarkson was the snowflake in that situation. Wasn’t James May with him? Or was it Richard Hammond? Whichever one it was, did they throw a strop? If they could control themselves, so could he.

Yeah and he was racist to him to boot.
    Are you lot Irish or not ?

I thought I was up to date but who is blind boy?
    Blindboy Boatclub. He used to be one of the Rubberbandits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Blindboy Boatclub. He used to be one of the Rubberbandits.

Apparently they're still performing together, the other guy seems to keep a low profile outside of RR.

(Pre Covid obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Stephen Fry, used to like him, but, now I just think he's a pompous know it all, doesn't like his opinions being questioned, patronisies people and loves when people gush about how intelligent he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have a mate in north London who lives not too far from Sol Campbell. They share the same petrol station and he tells me that even to this day when Sol goes out in public in the area theres a good chance some Spurs supporter will shout abuse at him. They dont forgive and forget what he did, thats for sure.

Nor should they. What he did was the greatest act of treachery by any football player and probably sportsperson ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,411 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Nor should they. What he did was the greatest act of treachery by any football player and probably sportsperson ever.

Or a man got a better job.

Howard Stern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Howard Stern

He can dish it out but cant take it.

Probably has a boards account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Rupaul - He runs his Drag Race business like a dictatorship apparently

Same goes for Vince McMahon. The WWE has turned into a soulless shell of what it used to be thanks to Mr McMahon's narrow mindedness and insatiable appetite for the almighty dollar. I can't wait for HHH to be handed the reigns.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Jurgen Klopp

When he was Dortmund manager I found his antics mildly amusing, but after a while I grew weary of this "zany" persona of his, although it is amusing when his team loses and he gets angry with reporters and forgets he's supposed to be the wacky German.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

KevRossi wrote: »
    You sound jealous, sound like you go weak in the presence of her beauty.

She's also a big fan of convicted child ****er Roman Polanski. One of the most two-faced people you could meet.

If you look at this clip of him being awarded an Oscar you can see the kind of people who decry Harvey Weinstein, but applaud Polanski.

Hollywood is one Sick Place !

So My Nomination is Hollywood ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,825 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I used like Prince Harry and never had much of an issue with Meghan Markle either but in the last while I find them very annoying.
    They did this thing earlier in the year to break away from everything to have an easier life.
    First they go to Canada fair enough.
    Now they move to LA. For people who want to get away from the media. I don't think it's the wisest choice.(I know some will use the excuse they want to be near her mother).
    Now they release a statement saying they want nothing to do with certain news outlets. This is the one time in ages they weren't getting that much attention from the media but they choose to do this.

The other thing that is gas about the whole Ryan Giggs shagging his brothers wife affair was that for years he had put it out in the media that he was just a quiet family man who loved his kids and shunned the limelight off field. The tabloid hacks swallowed this hook line and sinker, in articles they even referred to him as 'Family man Ryan Giggs' :rolleyes: Whereas the realty all along was that he was a sex addict banging women all around the place right under the tabloid medias noses.

He did keep some of it at least in the family;);)

Snowflake? Clarkson threw a strop and punched an assistant over his dinner not being ready on time.
    Is that not Ok for an English Toff. Surely they get some freebies.

Have you seen the episode, they were filming in the freezing Yorkshire moors and all the sockless wonder had to do was arrange food, do you know what it produced ?cold salad,
    Salad in those conditions ! For fooks sake ! !

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    After Hilary Clinton lost and her crying on stages it what not, she is clearly a deranged old hag
    Poor Old Madonna. Imagine being in the Top 0.0001% of the wealthiest people in the world and being able to convince yourself you are a poor little victim . That takes a bit of doing !

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Stephen Fry, used to like him, but, now I just think he's a pompous know it all, doesn't like his opinions being questioned, patronisies people and loves when people gush about how intelligent he is.
    It seems Stephen has Gone “ Fry Up “ Himself !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭pgj2015

50 cent, used to like his music but hes a despicable person, he has an on again off again friendship with floyd mayweather, he will make of fun of the fact floyd cant read, when they aren't friends. he threw young buck out of his rap group g unit, then young buck rang him begging to let him back in the group, young buck was crying as well, so 50 cent records the call and puts it up on youtube.

he seems like such a snake, the definition of a me feiner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Matt Bellamy. I adored him and all the music Muse produced.
    Then he discovered Hollywood, or vice versa, and he and the music changed. Now I can't even listen to the brilliant earlier albums.

Matt Bellamy. I adored him and all the music Muse produced.
    Then he discovered Hollywood, or vice versa, and he and the music changed. Now I can't even listen to the brilliant earlier albums.
    That seems to be a pattern. Some celebs lose the run of themselves as they get more fame until they become unbearable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Howard Stern

Can't stand him either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

That seems to be a pattern. Some celebs lose the run of themselves as they get more fame until they become unbearable.

Especially actors, I think. They spend so much time pretending to be someone else and being extremely pampered that they forget where they came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,568 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Howard Stern

I used to enjoy him on the radio .
    Kinda an American Gerry Ryan on steroids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I used like Prince Harry and never had much of an issue with Meghan Markle either but in the last while I find them very annoying.
    They did this thing earlier in the year to break away from everything to have an easier life.
    First they go to Canada fair enough.
    Now they move to LA. For people who want to get away from the media. I don't think it's the wisest choice.(I know some will use the excuse they want to be near her mother).
    Now they release a statement saying they want nothing to do with certain news outlets. This is the one time in ages they weren't getting that much attention from the media but they choose to do this.

Harry is being told where he is going, when and how. I would reckon that marriage won't last 3 years unless he's a complete lap dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Harry is being told where he is going, when and how. I would reckon that marriage won't last 3 years unless he's a complete lap dog.

To be honest, I think she had a game plan and staying in the royal family wasn't part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Mariah Agreeable Millipede

cj maxx wrote: »
    I used to enjoy him on the radio .
    Kinda an American Gerry Ryan on steroids

i used to like him but he's become what he hated when he was younger, the kiss ass phoney....the show's decline started when Artie no longer appeared on his show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Graham Linehan is one I literally thought of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Bob Geldof. Thought he was the dogs bollix when he first appeared. Now I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

American "comedian" Dennis Miller.

Used to make crappy jokes about the homeless...cheap digs. Then after the invasion of Iraq he came out with a quip "Definition of an Iraqi war hero....one that waits 10 seconds before surrendering"

Hur Hur!

A week later something like 130 US soldiers were killed by Iraqi defenders in Fallujah who stood is the street guns blazing. Yeah, Miller, you're some brave maggot..

• Advertisement

Amy Huberman, never really minded her when she first became famous but now I see her as smug and untalented

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Holly Willoughby, she comes across as very insincere and fake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Risingshadoo

Graham Norton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

This is a random one but Ken Jeong (Actor from Hangover movies, Community, etc,..)

Just always got the feeling that he thinks he's hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,073 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Simon Pegg.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Odhinn wrote: »
    Bob Geldof. Thought he was the dogs bollix when he first appeared. Now I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

In fairness Geldof hasn't really changed his opinion on things since he first came to public notice over 40 years ago with Bananna Republic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Mariah Agreeable Millipede

Amy Huberman, never really minded her when she first became famous but now I see her as smug and untalented

this but RTE feels like it has to shoehorn her (and others get the same treatment not just her) into things and give her show after show when her level is a supporting/recurring character and not the lead...The indo has a thing for her too by giving nonsensical articles on her and her take on things...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭Archeron

Alan Davies. Used to think he was funny in the olden days of QI but then he went and ruined the show with his shouty LISTEN TO MY JOKES shtick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Robbie Williams.

At the start I thought he was going to fade into obscurity rather quickly but the f*cker is still around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Another one for Ray D'arcy. Seemed entertaining enough before he disappeared up his own bum and became the conscience of the nation.

Blindboy boatshoes or whatever. Found the lads mildly amusing until one of them discovered preaching.

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Holly Willoughby, she comes across as very insincere and fake

I dont watch her show so wouldnt know anything about her sincerity. But I always think its funny the way in the UK the tabloids have to have a female celebrity who they label as "our national sweetheart". They all do it in unison, its like a memo goes around Flleet Street on who theyll title as being the "nations sweetheart ". At the moment Holly Willoughby holds that title and she can do no wrong, they always describe her with gushing praise ("hard working mother") and she can do no wrong. But what they are really doing is building her up and putting her on a pedestal in the hope someday of a spectacular fall.

Previous iterations of the UK tabloid medias "national sweetheart" have included Nigella Lawson, Cheryl Cole and to a lesser extent Caroline Flack. As soon as there was a whiff of scandal the tabloids gleefully took them down. If Willoughby even puts a foot out of line theyll be right there with the knives to take her down. And then theyll find another "national sweetheart" to lionize and the cycle continues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement