Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray ban 30% off and free delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I went ahead and got clubmaster classics with polarized lenses. Cost about €145.

Can't wait to find out what non €10 river island/Penney's sunglasses are like lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

During an eye check the opthalmologist was adamant that we should wear sun glasses routinely to guard against damage to the eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

Got a pair of Revo H2O's in the US back in...1998...
    (ahem, cough, cough!)

They've been a fantastic pair of sunglasses. When they first came out they were renowned for their polarisation and ability to see through water when fishing etc. Eventually bought by Luxottica or one of the other brands.
    That technology was then incorporated into many other brands.

Frames are still in perfect condition, going to get new lenses placed into them as they are a bit scratched.

22 years! Cost me about $450 which was a significant amount of money in my late teens/early twenties. But it was money well spent.

So, yes, it's worth spending that bit extra when you can and when discounted, for a decent pair of sunglasses.

Also, the more it costs, the better the care you will take of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Anyone know how long this sale runs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ordered on the 8th arrived today by courier

Was going to order now, says April 25th you reckon might be quicker though?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I ordered on the 10th. It said April 21st. It still says April 21st.

Did yous get them ordered to your home? I had no option to order to Ireland, just to my parcel motel.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Did yous get them ordered to your home? I had no option to order to Ireland, just to my parcel motel.

It's Ray-Ban Ireland site, yeah chose my home address in Dublin.

https://www.ray-ban.com/ireland/sunglasses/clp

It's Ray-Ban Ireland site, yeah chose my home address in Dublin.

https://www.ray-ban.com/ireland/sunglasses/clp

Ah I see. The Irish site worked out way dearer for me through that hukd deals site so just went with it

Ah I see. The Irish site worked out way dearer for me through that hukd deals site so just went with it

114 for custom Wayfarers with case is a good deal imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I ordered last Thursday and it gave me a delivery day for tomorrow but they came on Tuesday

I ordered last Thursday and it gave me a delivery day for tomorrow but they came on Tuesday

I suppose they are getting loads of orders so dispatch times delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Can 100% vouch for Ray Bans being worth the money. I've owned wayfarers and clubmasters and would never wear cheap sunglasses again. There's just a lovely weight to them and the build quality is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Had oakleys before but never ray bans. Ordered a pair of polarized clubmasters, 213 down to 149 isnt bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Are the polarised lenses worth it?!

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

I wouldn’t totally agree. While polarised lens are great for reducing glare, they can make Some LCD and LED screens invisible in certain orientations. With some phones for example you can see nothing unless you turn the phone sideways. In my former career as a coach driver polarised made some of the instruments invisible. Pilots never use them for the same reason. I just received my Aviators non polarised, very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

gomara wrote: »
    I wouldn’t totally agree. While polarised lens are great for reducing glare, they can make Some LCD and LED screens invisible in certain orientations. With some phones for example you can see nothing unless you turn the phone sideways. In my former career as a coach driver polarised made some of the instruments invisible. Pilots never use them for the same reason. I just received my Aviators non polarised, very happy.

I had a pair of cheap polarized sunglasses from a pharmacy and had this problem. With polarized Oakleys though I could see LCD screens just fine so I'm thinking it'll be the same with the ray bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Thanks OP - I just bought a pair of Aviator Junior for my daughter - she'll be delighted.

• Advertisement

I think the polarized lenses are terrible. Can't see a phone screen properly that has a screen protector on it and I can constantly see the reflection of my own eyeball in the lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Do the glasses come with a case ? Or do you have to pay extra ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭event

johnnykilo wrote: »
    There's a lot of RayBan sunglasses on Amazon for a good bit cheaper than the official site (even with the 30% discount). They're sold by Amazon so presumably they're not fake. Just wondering if there's any difference?
    FFVII wrote: »
    Ah yea, their market is riddled, not them. They would be destroyed if they started aswell.

How much is 30% off?

I couldn't justify stupid money on glasses myself when so many viable alternatives out there.

Sold by amazon themselves or fulfilled by Amazon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Do the glasses come with a case ? Or do you have to pay extra ?

They come in a case you dont pay anything extra for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I think the polarized lenses are terrible. Can't see a phone screen properly that has a screen protector on it and I can constantly see the reflection of my own eyeball in the lenses.
    Your lenses lack anti-reflective coating, hence the reflections.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Anyone else having problems with the website? I was trying last night to select the classic avaiator in normal size and wouldn't allow me to select a frame, guess it's sold out. Went on this morning and site not loading pages, even tried Internet Explorer and that was worse (unsuprisingly).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Working for me in Chrome at the moment, I've found it to be slow in Firefox previously (although it's not the only site I've had issues with in FF, to be fair). I'm getting an error when selecting Customise on Aviators, though I could pick a standard pair and put them in the basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Thanks, look on Brown Thomas site as they are on sale there too, obviously can't customise but worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

UK Ray-Ban site works out cheaper than Irish one.

Cheapest of all is https://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/ which has a 25%-off code.

• Advertisement

Ordered last Wednesday and arrived today, customised original Wayfarers for 114 including delivery, delighted, my first pair. Just checked no problem viewing smart phone screen with them (have polarised lenses).

Advertisement