Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heating oil big drop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭obi604

snip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭tech

Corrib in Cork

.56c for 500l

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭obi604

Galway. looking for 500 litres
    got quotes online and then rang around.
    the online quotes were always more expensive.

prices ranged from 260-285

then rang Claddagh oil - initially said 250 and then came down to 235 after a 2nd call.

so 47 cent a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Where does one get a 25 litre drum in the current climate?

Agri stores might have them or farmers themselves you know might lend you some.

Corrib in Galway ,53c per L .
    :(:mad::mad:

Cork Cartell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Turbohymac

I haggled a good price fro lee oil last week..filled 2 tanks..so got over 2k litres for 47 cent a litre..dont go by that
    Cheap oil website.. it's a load of crap prices are being kept up I the mid to high 50s to make it look like u get a dazzling deal at 52 or 53
    Shop around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

tech wrote: »
    Corrib in Galway ,53c per L .
    :(:mad::mad:

Cork Cartell

Gone up in Galway. Quoted me 510 last Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bigserious1

Turbohymac wrote: »
    I haggled a good price fro lee oil last week..filled 2 tanks..so got over 2k litres for 47 cent a litre..dont go by that
    Cheap oil website.. it's a load of crap prices are being kept up I the mid to high 50s to make it look like u get a dazzling deal at 52 or 53
    Shop around

Been keeping an eye on that website for Dublin and prices are getting updated every day. I'd say it's more the local suppliers not submitting updated prices as often. More competition in Dublin

44.9c at the pump in Casey's Roscommon Town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

44.9c at the pump in Casey's Roscommon Town

39.9 yesterday, have they put it up again?

• Advertisement

39.9 yesterday, have they put it up again?

dunno, I was in there last week and it was 44.9c, sorry for the outdated price :o

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

For anyone in Waterford, Jones Oil on Cork road quoting €235 for 500l so 47c per litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Curran Oil going €430 for 1000l. They cover Cavan, Meath, Westmeath, Longford and parts of Kildare and Dublin.

I may have jumped the gun getting it for €500 just over a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Tullow oil for Carlow is €450 for a 1,000 litres after using SPRING20 promo code

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Curran Oil going €430 for 1000l. They cover Cavan, Meath, Westmeath, Longford and parts of Kildare and Dublin.

I may have jumped the gun getting it for €500 just over a week ago.

Both them and Duffy both going €420 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Mayo (ballina area) prices as of 8/4/20
    Top oil 500L €245 1000L €470
    Jones oil 500L €250 1000L €470
    Reilly Oil 500L €260 1000L €500

Just in case anyone is wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Kildare
    Capital oil €419

Plenty of suppliers in Dublin, Kildare, Laois, meath, offaly at about €420

I can't see it going lower as oil prices jumped 30% since 2nd April and have steadied at av. $32 for Brent - that equates to about a 6c rise which will feed in soon.

Also cuts out the argument that prices rise quicker - its 10 days since oil prices jumped 30%!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

390 euro for 1,000 litres from EK fuels in Louth.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wavert

Cork all suppliers 280 euro for 500l.
    Price fixing?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 soccermad1

wavert wrote: »
    Cork all suppliers 280 euro for 500l.
    Price fixing?

I started a post about this last week. Cartel behavior going on there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Orebro

Shameful carry on in Cork - zero solidarity being shown by the oil companies when people’s income is under serious pressure, shame on the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Orebro wrote: »
    Shameful carry on in Cork - zero solidarity being shown by the oil companies when people’s income is under serious pressure, shame on the lot of them.

Wexford is the same. Petrol and diesel prices are rigged too, particularly in Enniscorthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

540 in Kerry. There's no justification for a difference of over 100€

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lalalady1990

Anybody know if EK Fules deliver nation wide? If you order on their website you get can pick from a list of all counties in ROI indicating that delivery isnt an issue.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Jones Oil in Kilkenny now down to €450.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Anybody know if EK Fules deliver nation wide? If you order on their website you get can pick from a list of all counties in ROI indicating that delivery isnt an issue.

25 mile radius of Dundalk.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Orebro wrote: »

Danoil.ie quoting 471 for 1000l for cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Wexford is the same. Petrol and diesel prices are rigged too, particularly in Enniscorthy.

Wicklow town area same prices petrol is still 132.9 in all local garages while up road in dublin some garages are below 120 seen maxol in dundalk at 109.9 for petrol and 99.9 diesel on pumps thread!!

They know people are staying local with the virus so no need to reduce price once all keep price same sickning!

physioman wrote: »
    Danoil.ie quoting 471 for 1000l for cork

nice 1 will call them in the morning, have you used them before. some of the others now might price match!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

vickers209 wrote: »
    seen maxol in dundalk at 109.9 for petrol and 99.9 diesel on pumps thread!!

Where is that thread discussing petrol prices?

Advertisement