Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

No sign of activity at all in Sessile Oaks but they've started digging for Seascape already

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dbas

2013Lara wrote: »
    No sign of activity at all in Sessile Oaks but they've started digging for Seascape already
    Thanks for the update.

I saw on the cisireland website that they were on site with sea scape alright. They look a fine house, and possible a better location that sessile oaks for children due to being closer to the cycle lanes and schools

dbas wrote: »
    Thanks for the update.

I saw on the cisireland website that they were on site with sea scape alright. They look a fine house, and possible a better location that sessile oaks for children due to being closer to the cycle lanes and schools

Great location. Just across from where I live. I'd favour there over Sessile Oaks for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

off topic but could you explain this to me? can you tell what stage a new site is at from using this cisireland site? Could this be done for all irish new builds?

Great location. Just across from where I live. I'd favour there over Sessile Oaks for sure.

The development looks brilliant alright, and cheaper than i thought they would be going for considering the size of them. We couldn't get approved for that value (€339000) at the minute

• Advertisement

off topic but could you explain this to me? can you tell what stage a new site is at from using this cisireland site? Could this be done for all irish new builds?

You can do, but only with a paid account. the free account lets you view 10 developments a month but you set up an account, select the property types and locations you want to be notified about and they come up on your homepage. it also lets you know what stage the development is at.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

The development looks brilliant alright, and cheaper than i thought they would be going for considering the size of them. We couldn't get approved for that value (€339000) at the minute

Can someone mark on google maps exactly where the Sessile Oaks site is located?

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    Can someone mark on google maps exactly where the Sessile Oaks site is located?

https://goo.gl/maps/3QpuRmjQWjp

First phase of Seascape sold out. We are on the list for the second phase which is to be released later this year. They seemed to move fast enough so they did

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭s14barnes

Does anyone know when the next phase of Wicklow hill will go up

• Advertisement

So the latest with Sessile Oaks is that they are starting onsite for the third week in July. Apparantly all paperwork has been signed and its now ready to go.
    I've heard it all before but I live in hope. If anyone else is waiting on a property here then please let me know

So the latest with Sessile Oaks is that they are starting onsite for the third week in July. Apparantly all paperwork has been signed and its now ready to go.
    I've heard it all before but I live in hope. If anyone else is waiting on a property here then please let me know

How long are you waiting now? Would you look at Kirvin Hill? Fab houses, close to shops, schools etc. Being built right now with ppl living in them. Friend bought one last month and in it this month.

How long are you waiting now? Would you look at Kirvin Hill? Fab houses, close to shops, schools etc. Being built right now with ppl living in them. Friend bought one last month and in it this month.

We are waiting since April 2017 and put down money on a house and have it held at last years price. We looked at kirvin hill and almost put money on one. Think they were 275k for 3 beds at the time but we wanted to get a four bed seeing as we are moving to a different county and wanted to be able to have people stay over. Once we walked the site with the sales agent and saw the views from Sessile Oaks we were hooked, but since that site walk my 3 month old boy has become an 18month old toddler and a girl due in October.

the site is just below to the left of this camera angle with a near exact view from the front of the houses in sessile oaks, albeit lower down the hill

http://www.wicklowcam.com/

We are waiting since April 2017 and put down money on a house and have it held at last years price. We looked at kirvin hill and almost put money on one. Think they were 275k for 3 beds at the time but we wanted to get a four bed seeing as we are moving to a different county and wanted to be able to have people stay over. Once we walked the site with the sales agent and saw the views from Sessile Oaks we were hooked, but since that site walk my 3 month old boy has become an 18month old toddler and a girl due in October.

the site is just below to the left of this camera angle with a near exact view from the front of the houses in sessile oaks, albeit lower down the hill

http://www.wicklowcam.com/

Long wait. If the next time line doesn't deliver I'd walk away, as hard as it might be! . Views are fab up there, but all you need to do in Wicklow is drive five mins for those views. Walk the murrough, Brittas, silver strand, magheramore, so much, so close. I'd favour the Kirvin Hill, seascape type area over up there, even with the views. There seems to be a good bit of activity in a field closer to the road toward the beehive, not sure exactly what's going in there though.

Long wait. If the next time line doesn't deliver I'd walk away, as hard as it might be! . Views are fab up there, but all you need to do in Wicklow is drive five mins for those views. Walk the murrough, Brittas, silver strand, magheramore, so much, so close. I'd favour the Kirvin Hill, seascape type area over up there, even with the views. There seems to be a good bit of activity in a field closer to the road toward the beehive, not sure exactly what's going in there though.

We will definitely have to cut our losses if this doesn't work out. I am very hopeful that it will, and it would sicken me to see sessile oaks being built if we had bought another house because we didn't hold out. We are priced out of a move now anyway as we wouldnt get mortgage approval for 32k at the minute.
    That estate is bristlewood i think. Its been mentioned on this thread. The houses look lovely and the site is grand. Only a few hundred yards from the cycle lanes going past the schools. We've walked all them other than Brittas. Cant wait to move our lives down there. A far better pace of life

We will definitely have to cut our losses if this doesn't work out. I am very hopeful that it will, and it would sicken me to see sessile oaks being built if we had bought another house because we didn't hold out. We are priced out of a move now anyway as we wouldnt get mortgage approval for 32k at the minute.
    That estate is bristlewood i think. Its been mentioned on this thread. The houses look lovely and the site is grand. Only a few hundred yards from the cycle lanes going past the schools. We've walked all them other than Brittas. Cant wait to move our lives down there. A far better pace of life

Completely understand. Our house sale took 18 months, was very very hard to pull back from!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Not to put a thorn in your hopes but the construction holidays start the week of the 23rd jul. It might be unlikely they start breaking ground a week before they close for a week.

Completely understand. Our house sale took 18 months, was very very hard to pull back from!

Torture!
    Sounds like you were right to stick it out though. Looks like a great place to build a life. Even if I could afford Dublin I wouldn't stay here any more. I fear for the next generation here so I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Baybay

Looks like a great place to build a life.

There are certainly plenty of positives in the town.
    Plenty of schools, both primary & secondary with another secondary on the way.
    Bars, restaurants, excellent book shop, sports clubs, swimming pool, library etc not to mention all the natural amenities. I know next to nothing about Sessile Oaks other than where it is but in my opinion, don't underestimate the joy of a home with a view whether you buy there or elsewhere.

Torture!
    Sounds like you were right to stick it out though. Looks like a great place to build a life. Even if I could afford Dublin I wouldn't stay here any more. I fear for the next generation here so I do.

Not sure how we got through it! But we did. And we're so happy here. We moved from Dublin also and I'd never go back.

• Advertisement

Not to put a thorn in your hopes but the construction holidays start the week of the 23rd jul. It might be unlikely they start breaking ground a week before they close for a week.

Being told they are working through them. Work in construction myself and have never heard of a team/ subbie working through the builders holidays but I live in hope.
    Its all I have left at this stage

Not sure how we got through it! But we did. And we're so happy here. We moved from Dublin also and I'd never go back.

We have Oisin on the list for educate together there. Its the only school we put hi s name down in. Looks amazing. My wife has just got a transfer from Dublin to Wicklow town so when she is back off maternity she has a 7 minute commute ( if we have made the move by then)

Baybay wrote: »
    There are certainly plenty of positives in the town.
    Plenty of schools, both primary & secondary with another secondary on the way.
    Bars, restaurants, excellent book shop, sports clubs, swimming pool, library etc not to mention all the natural amenities. I know next to nothing about Sessile Oaks other than where it is but in my opinion, don't underestimate the joy of a home with a view whether you buy there or elsewhere.

We fell in love with it when we saw it. I love the sea and mountains and I have a birds eye view of them both from that site. I know in winter I'll be going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark, but at least Saturday and Sunday will be enjoyable.
    We get a great feel about the town any time we are down there. walked meaghermore last year after following a guy in a wetsuit after myself and the wife took a drive.
    Great find- and good surfing too by the look of it

We have Oisin on the list for educate together there. Its the only school we put hi s name down in. Looks amazing. My wife has just got a transfer from Dublin to Wicklow town so when she is back off maternity she has a 7 minute commute ( if we have made the move by then)

Fantastic. That'll be brilliant for her. I collect kids from educate together and they're very happy there. My kids are in holy rosary which is also a great school. Fingers crossed for you that it all works out!!

Fantastic. That'll be brilliant for her. I collect kids from educate together and they're very happy there. My kids are in holy rosary which is also a great school. Fingers crossed for you that it all works out!!

Fingers crossed indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

If it is of any use, the attic in kirvin is massive and ready for conversation, you could convert it And have your 4th room.
    Cannot recommend kirvin highly enough lovely finish with beautiful views of the Sea (well we have!)

Larsso30 wrote: »
    If it is of any use, the attic in kirvin is massive and ready for conversation, you could convert it And have your 4th room.
    Cannot recommend kirvin highly enough lovely finish with beautiful views of the Sea (well we have!)

They are a lovely house so they are. We got some bad advice at the time advising us against Rathnew which swayed us more to wicklow town. We'd be living in a lovely house for 275 now if we hadn't listened to it.
    i am hopeful that they are starting onsite soon though.
    Party in ours when its built. You're all invited

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

They are a lovely house so they are. We got some bad advice at the time advising us against Rathnew which swayed us more to wicklow town. We'd be living in a lovely house for 275 now if we hadn't listened to it.
    i am hopeful that they are starting onsite soon though.
    Party in ours when its built. You're all invited

ill keep an eye and update if i see any movement on mate

Larsso30 wrote: »
    ill keep an eye and update if i see any movement on mate

Thanks a million.
    Paperwork was signed this week and money released so construction should be imminent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Parkelm

Hi has anyone bought in the first phase of Sea Scape?

Advertisement