Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running in Dublin (Tallaght)

Options
  • 09-09-2019 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm traveling to Dublin tomorrow with work for the rest of the week. I'll be staying in the Maldron in Tallaght. Any nice or good run routes around the area?

ETA: I'll have a car with me so can drive to nearby recommendations also. Thank you.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,592 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tallaght?

Stay indoors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Big Bad Wolf

Tymon park is great for a run of any distance. Only down the road from where your staying.
    E2a: Its grand to park at the main carpark off the Tymon road just down from the Basketball arena entrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Go to Corkagh Park. Google for directions. With the exception of the Phoenix park it is the nicest park in Dublin. You can get about 2.5 - 3 miles in on the circumference.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

Tymon is nice. Watergate is fine for a short run. If you’ve a bit more time head down to the reservoir at bohernabreena, there’s parking and it’s a lovely run, if you don’t mind a bit of a climb, mostly fairly gentle with a couple of steep kick ups.

Depending on how far you plan to run you can go from the Maldron to the reservoir, would be around 10 miles out and back. It’s the first stretch of the Dublin mountain way.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭terminator74

a 1 mile run to Dodder valley park (Old Bawn side) will give you a nice run that opens up Tymon park to you once you hit the Weir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

pgibbo wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm traveling to Dublin tomorrow with work for the rest of the week. I'll be staying in the Maldron in Tallaght. Any nice or good run routes around the area?

ETA: I'll have a car with me so can drive to nearby recommendations also. Thank you.

P.

Tymon park is about 1.5 miles away. It's a grand park but I personally don't like it. Corkagh park is about 2 miles away (Boot road car park) and is a great place to run. Stick to the perimter and you'll get a 4.5 mile loop. Marlay park is also close by, maybe 3 miles away.

The Bohernabreena resevoir (waterworks) are also only about 2 miles from the hotel and is a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Thanks for the replies folks. I'll have a look at the suggestions. Cheers.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Made it to Tymon yesterday evening. Lovely spot for running. Thanks for the suggestions.

P.

Advertisement