Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor insurance

Options
  • 03-09-2019 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

When my sister was applying for motor insurance through a broker she doesn't remember being asked about her claims history. When filling out a Motor Incident Report Form after a recent accident she listed a few claims for car damage from previous motor accidents.

The recent accident involves a claim for car damage and for personal injuries. What are the likely consequences of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

When my sister was applying for motor insurance through a broker she doesn't remember being asked about her claims history. When filling out a Motor Incident Report Form after a recent accident she listed a few claims for car damage from previous motor accidents.

The recent accident involves a claim for car damage and for personal injuries. What are the likely consequences of this?

It would be highly unlikely that she was not asked about any previous claims. If she omitted to disclose any previous claims her insurer would be within their rights to pursue her for any payout they make,if in fact they payout at all.
    I think your sister is on a very sticky wicket.

Advertisement