Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin bus tax saver annual vs Student leap card

• 17-11-2017 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

Can anyone tell me which one is cheaper?
    I can get the tax saver annual pass thru work and get a student leap card as I am a part time student.

The annual pass is €1340 and it is €20 per week for leap card or €114.50 for 30days lamber ticket.

Cannot figure which is more beneficial/ cheaper.

Please help me to choose one

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭thomasj

I would say the taxsaver is the better off option because you never know when you might have to make the extra travel so it comes in handy. That pass also includes nitelink and don't forget your saving a few euros on tax/prsi/usc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you pay a lot of income tax / PRSI / USC? If so, then that would reduce the cost of the annual ticket a lot.

How many trips do you do per day? How days per week do you travel?

The 30 days of the rambler ticket are not consecutive days - it's valid for 30 individual days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭nilescraneo

I've applied for Dublin Bus annual taxsaver through work and still not sure how it benefits me other than not having to top up my Leap card every week? the explanation on the taxsaver site and my employers site (am a public servant, so peoplepoint) wasn't too clear either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Assuming you pay full rate tax / PRSI / USC and that the ticket normally costs €1,000, the effective cost to you is about €500.

Advertisement