Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston Station Parking - Park by Text Q

Options
  • 11-11-2017 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

So, first time looking to park at Heuston and spotted the Park by Text Heuston car park.
    The website is very vague so am wondering if anyone can advise please -
    I can book online and pay by credit card - do I need to print off anything to display on my car?
    Is it a barriered system and if so, how do I enter?
    Also, it says that a space isn't guaranteed but realistically, if I have pre-booked and arrive at say 11am - there 'should' be a spot for me - right???

I never park in this area hence all the questions and I am hitting for a meeting so don't want to get there and there to be an issue :o
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If I'm correct, you have to register for the Park by Text system beforehand and they will issue you with a parking tag.

You then send a text when you arrive.

They know not to clamp your vehicle as the Park by Text system will list it.
    Only wrote: »
    Also, it says that a space isn't guaranteed but realistically, if I have pre-booked and arrive at say 11am - there 'should' be a spot for me - right???
    I can't comment, but on event days, etc. it might be very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Victor wrote: »
    If I'm correct, you have to register for the Park by Text system beforehand and they will issue you with a parking tag.

you don't need a tag

you have two options

1. Register on parkbytext and top up an account. you can then use their carparks by sending a text each time

2. a once off pay in advance online booking

In relation to 2 the car parks I use are not barrier entry so I do not know the score there.
    There is a chance your car park will be full

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Thanks all.
    Just to update, I did the once-off payment and I got a spot no bother but I can see how you may not actually manage to get one at busier times.

Advertisement