Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[PR] Appeal to Luas passengers to report vandalism

• 20-10-2009 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,493 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.luas.ie/news.php
    # An appeal to Luas passengers to report vandalism Veolia Transport are calling on Luas passengers and the public to report vandalism

http://www.luas.ie/page.php?name=An_appeal_to_Luas_passengers_to_report_vandalism
    _Vandalism-straplines-(web).png

Veolia Transport, operator of the Luas is appealing to Luas passengers and the public to report people who vandalise trams and Luas stops.

Incidents of vandalism are on the increase with graffiti being one of the biggest problems.

Luas has an excellent record with tram reliability daily at 99% and *customer satisfaction at 85%. Luas transports on average 80,000 passengers daily and approximately 27.4 million people per year.

The cleanliness of Luas trams and stops is one of the hallmarks of the service.

Brian Brennan, Managing Director, Veolia Transport Dublin Light Rail Ltd, launching this awareness campaign appealed to Luas passengers this morning, Monday October 19th to report incidents of vandalism should they see it occur.

Reports can be made direct to Luas customer care, free phone 1800 300 604 or to the Gardai on 999. Together we can work to stamp out incidents of vandalism and ensure that Luas remains a fast, frequent and reliable tram service for the city of Dublin.

As the awareness campaign states: Vandals your next stop is jail.

*(Behaviour and Attitudes survey, March 2009, 1,000 Luas passengers Red & Green Lines)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

While I welcome this initiative I think anybody who is going to report vandalism already does - I know I do - but perhaps the provision of clear phone numbers etc. will prod the waverers into doing something too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭serfboard

While I welcome this initiative I think anybody who is going to report vandalism already does - I know I do - but perhaps the provision of clear phone numbers etc. will prod the waverers into doing something too.

I agree - and I think that being able to report it directly to the company would give me (and I'm sure others) more of a sense that something will be done. The Guards are either too busy or too lazy to do anything about it.

Advertisement