Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M9 Castledermot bypass - whats the latest?

• 01-10-2009 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Anyone know what the latest re the Castledermot bypass is? Any idea when it'll
    open?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,589 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There isn't a "castledermot bypass" as such, what you're talking about the M9 Carlow-Kilcullen scheme. Before Christmas is probably the best indication at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

MYOB wrote: »
    There isn't a "castledermot bypass" as such, what you're talking about the M9 Carlow-Kilcullen scheme. Before Christmas is probably the best indication at the moment.

Sorry - yea thats what I mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Theres a whole thread running on the infrastructure forum on the new M9,tons of info on it over there.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055372962

Hi BazBu, The section of motorway from the start of the Castledermot bypass to Kilcullen opens 15th December 09. I got that from a reliable source. And he is usually right, he was right about the Carlow Bypass!

I really hated that stretch of road from Crookstown to the Priory pub! always stuck behind some woman doing 60km/h Or some git in a tractor that refused to pull in laughing at the build up of traffic behind!

And of course the build up in Castledermot will be gone forever!!! YEPEEEEEEE
    It's funny the way people break the lights in Castledermot from all directions, I was nearly lambasted by one of them sand and gravel lorries because he felt there was no reason to stop just because of a red light in Castledermot!
    I blew the horn at him and i got the 2 fingers of course he shouted something not worth repeating. Really though I think cameras there are really necessary there!

I believe there is an E.U directive now for facilities to be installed at something like every 30KMs apart??? I hear there is to be a garage or something built at or near the Kilcullen interchange and in Carlow near the Bagenalstown direction.?

One thing at Kilcullen that would be fantastic is an upgrade of the section of motorway after the tunnel on the M9 north to 2 lanes joining the M7 north,(where it's currently 2 lanes to 1) That IS a very dangerous Part of the road where everyone races through the tunnel to get ahead of everyone else then try to be the first out on the M7!

Also I would love to see an interchange before the tunnel to link the M9 north to the M7 south for Limerick, because in order to get on to the M7 south from the M9 north you have to go all the way north to Naas and back down again which is total madness and typical of the way things were done in this country. "ah shur it is good enough for now".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Hi BazBu, The section of motorway from the start of the Castledermot bypass to Kilcullen opens 15th December 09. I got that from a reliable source. And he is usually right, he was right about the Carlow Bypass!

I really hated that stretch of road from Crookstown to the Priory pub! always stuck behind some woman doing 60km/h Or some git in a tractor that refused to pull in laughing at the build up of traffic behind!

And of course the build up in Castledermot will be gone forever!!! YEPEEEEEEE
    It's funny the way people break the lights in Castledermot from all directions, I was nearly lambasted by one of them sand and gravel lorries because he felt there was no reason to stop just because of a red light in Castledermot!
    I blew the horn at him and i got the 2 fingers of course he shouted something not worth repeating. Really though I think cameras there are really necessary there!

I believe there is an E.U directive now for facilities to be installed at something like every 30KMs apart??? I hear there is to be a garage or something built at or near the Kilcullen interchange and in Carlow near the Bagenalstown direction.?

One thing at Kilcullen that would be fantastic is an upgrade of the section of motorway after the tunnel on the M9 north to 2 lanes joining the M7 north,(where it's currently 2 lanes to 1) That IS a very dangerous Part of the road where everyone races through the tunnel to get ahead of everyone else then try to be the first out on the M7!

Also I would love to see an interchange before the tunnel to link the M9 north to the M7 south for Limerick, because in order to get on to the M7 south from the M9 north you have to go all the way north to Naas and back down again which is total madness and typical of the way things were done in this country. "ah shur it is good enough for now".

15th Dec!!!!!! :D Hope thats right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Bazbu wrote: »
    15th Dec!!!!!! :D Hope thats right!
    It'll definitely be after the 10k run on the motorway on Nov 7.

Advertisement