Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luas Live Times Constantly Wrong

• 07-11-2017 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭

I live on the green line and use it nearly every day. Over the past 6 months I've constantly got down to my stop to meet a luas that the app says is arriving in 2 minutes, only to find the times at the stop telling me the next luas is 10 minutes away. I've lost count of the amount of times this has happened now, and whenever it does the live times app usually gets taken down completely for a day or two before it's back to normal again. It's down at the moment after being completely wrong again this morning.

I've tweeted the luas account about the issue but got no reply, and didn't find much about it after a Google. I can't be the only one irritated by this surely? I've no idea how you manage to have accurate information at the stops and completely different information online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I live on the green line and use it nearly every day. Over the past 6 months I've constantly got down to my stop to meet a luas that the app says is arriving in 2 minutes, only to find the times at the stop telling me the next luas is 10 minutes away. I've lost count of the amount of times this has happened now, and whenever it does the live times app usually gets taken down completely for a day or two before it's back to normal again. It's down at the moment after being completely wrong again this morning.

I've tweeted the luas account about the issue but got no reply, and didn't find much about it after a Google. I can't be the only one irritated by this surely? I've no idea how you manage to have accurate information at the stops and completely different information online.

The app is usually one or two minutes ahead of the actual arrival time. Its been poor over the last few weeks (Red Line) and has been showing various trams operating when they are not. I.T has declined a lot over the last few months with them and it may partly be down to BXD. It used to be excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

The green line has been really bad for this lately.

I’ve missed a few trams when I thought I had 2 minutes to spare but arrived just as the tram is leaving.

Another problem is the amount of Leap Card readers not working and causing delays as everyone ends up using the same reader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I think I've seen a good few occasions where's it's more than a couple of minutes out. The app might say 2 and 12 whereas the board at the stop might be 8 and 18 etc.

I live past sandyford and don't get into work until after peak hours, so if I miss one it can be a good while before the next one turns up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,756 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I think I've seen a good few occasions where's it's more than a couple of minutes out. The app might say 2 and 12 whereas the board at the stop might be 8 and 18 etc.

I live past sandyford and don't get into work until after peak hours, so if I miss one it can be a good while before the next one turns up.

App went down shortly after you posted yesterday (conscience?!) and it came back this morning and on the Red Line it was perfectly in sink with the station data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

KD345 wrote: »
    I’ve missed a few trams when I thought I had 2 minutes to spare but arrived just as the tram is leaving.
    2 minutes is probably leaving it too tight.

The expectation of RTPI is to be within 3 minutes most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Victor wrote: »
    2 minutes is probably leaving it too tight.

The expectation of RTPI is to be within 3 minutes most of the time.

The issue is not the 2 minutes, it’s that when you get to the stop the times on the app differ to those on the screen. I live close to the Luas line and arriving 2 minutes before the tram is due has always been enough time when the app is correct, but lately it’s hit and miss.

Out of interest, where does it state on Luas that there is a 3 minute window for RTPI?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

KD345 wrote: »
    Out of interest, where does it state on Luas that there is a 3 minute window for RTPI?
    I think it was a comment from an NTA official by email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Currently standing at central park. App says 1 and 17, board says 9 and 19.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Was barely back up for a week before this shíte started again.

Edit: Just now at the gallops on the way back in. Board says due and 15 (just got on a luas), app says 9. It's not a couple of minutes out, it's just completely fúcked.

Advertisement