Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Strandhill to Sligo weekdays

Options
  • 23-06-2016 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, I will be starting a job in Sligo in July and I will be staying with a family friend in Strandhill for the time being. The Bus Eireann service is great and everything but the first bus doesn't leave early enough for me as I need to be in work to start at 8am.

I'm wondering if there is anyone who either knows of anyone commuting this route that early or knows of anyone doing it that could help me out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'd obviously be willing to pay for diesel or petrol costs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Don't know if this is possible but you could cycle that almost as fast as drive it. That said, I don't know what the road is like between Strandhill and Sligo, your age, level of fitness or the type of job/facilities but thats what I would be looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RenatavonB

Yeah that may have to be an option but the terrain is pretty much all uphill and my fitness level wouldn't be the best of I'm honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, you'd be much better off posting your request in the Sligo forum.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The R292 from Strandhill to Sligo has cycle lanes fitted, which is an advantage

Advertisement