Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm set with bathroom window open

Options
  • 16-07-2019 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a HKC alarm which doesn't tell me when I'm setting the alarm (0#4) and the bathroom window is open. Other windows cause the "open zone, zone x" error message/

I'm 99% sure this wasn't always the case. Could it be that I've done something I didn't mean to on the key pad? Would be grateful for any advice/troubleshooting steps....

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Does the bathroom window have a sensor attached?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You would probably get a better answer to this question on the Home Security Systems forum:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1366

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

otron wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a HKC alarm which doesn't tell me when I'm setting the alarm (0#4) and the bathroom window is open. Other windows cause the "open zone, zone x" error message/

I'm 99% sure this wasn't always the case. Could it be that I've done something I didn't mean to on the key pad? Would be grateful for any advice/troubleshooting steps....

Possible the zone has been inhibited. Can you get into the engineers menu to see a list of zones?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Maybe it's a shock sensor to detect glass breaks, rather than a magnetic sensor that detects a window being opened.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Have you the magnetic contact on that window

Have you the hkc app where you could look at the inputs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

Thanks all for the responses. To respond to the questions -
    Does the bathroom window have a sensor attached?

The (2) bathroom windows do have sensors, which look identical to the sensors on the other upstairs windows.
    You would probably get a better answer to this question on the Home Security Systems forum:

Honestly, I thought I had posted there - seems I haven't used this site in some time :p

I'll repost there.
    Possible the zone has been inhibited. Can you get into the engineers menu to see a list of zones?

The engineers menu seems like a good place to look, but I don't have any info on how to get to it (or where to start reading up on this) and a quick google doesn't return any results. If someone were to leave some info just lying around the place, however. ...
    Maybe it's a shock sensor to detect glass breaks, rather than a magnetic sensor that detects a window being opened
    I don't think so, the sensor looks identical to the other windows'
    Have you the hkc app where you could look at the inputs.
    something tells me my alarm system isn't app enabled - it's about 5 years old but nothing fancy. Not connected in any way (although I can see why you'd ask given that I posted this to an IoT forum by mistake)

Advertisement