Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores 25% back on 6 bottles of wine (signs left up after promotion ended)

Options
  • 26-03-2019 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

Dunnes Stores recently ran a promotion offering 25% back in points on six bottles of wine. (worth~€12 when buying six bottles at €8 each)

The signs were still up in my local store on Thursday 21st so I purchased the six bottles. On checking out I noticed that I had received a 5% discount on the wine that is not usually given when the 25% offer is in place.
    But there is no way of checking on the receipt if the points were added.

After contacting them via their website I discovered that the promotion had actually ended on the 18th!
    The signs remained up until at least Sunday 26th when I last visited the store.

After a few emails they have credited my account with the points I would have received.

There may have been others who purchased the six bottles expecting to get extra points in the next mailing list however unless they complain won't get anything. But they have no way of knowing unless they noticed the 5% deduction.

Comments

Advertisement