Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad scenarios in your teens...

Options
  • 09-02-2019 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Can anyone remember some funny time's in your teens ?

Getting caught doing something, caught by the gang over the road, held for a few hours thinking you're going to get executed lol

There was this mad bastard who was a right evil demonic cruel inhuman knob.

He had a gang from the other side of the town, they used to torment myself and my ginger friend.

Threatened to hang us off a tree once, and another time lock us into a shed and burn us alive....

Mad times the 80's

He was always bigger than us, then stopped growing at 14

Party time, we all had a shot at him outside the local disco...

Revenge or violence isn't recommended but sure we were teenagers...

Bumped into the bastard around two weeks ago, he's embraced an abrahamic religion which I won't mention....

Still an evil bastard...

Comments

Ironing a shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Man, I can't wait for Spielberg to see this. You're going to make millions OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Man, I can't wait for Spielberg to see this. You're going to make millions OP.

Ironically I'm working on a script for a movie at the moment.

It's something between The Goonies and Island of the great yellow Ox

An Irish fantasy/ Folklore movie...

I have an Art director to do sketches already, it's going to focus on the Burren and Loop head area and Shannon town will be part of it too...

I won't give away any spoilers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

None, I lived a very sheltered life soz.

None, I lived a very sheltered life soz.

Is that you son ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Muckka wrote: »
    Can anyone remember some funny time's in your teens ?

He was always bigger than us, then stopped growing at 14

Party time, we all had a shot at him outside the local disco...

See the part , where you say you all " had a shot at him outside the local disco.."

Was that like a gang bang ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭Spannerplank

Ironically I'm working on a script for a movie at the moment.

It's something between The Goonies and Island of the great yellow Ox

An Irish fantasy/ Folklore movie...

I have an Art director to do sketches already, it's going to focus on the Burren and Loop head area and Shannon town will be part of it too...

I won't give away any spoilers...

Ironically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Yeah OP when I was younger, me and my buddy used to work as cops in 80s Miami.

It was crazy because working in Vice we access to all sorts of fancy clothes and supercars.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Think we’re on a winner here Trig.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I want to hear stories from ex teenage girls.

• Advertisement

I grew up in the countryside, and our nearest neighbour lived half a mile away, far down a country lane-way. That house was their holiday home, and they hardly ever visited, so we were told where they kept the spare key, to keep an eye on the place.

So one night after getting absolutely sloshed in the local country nightclub, I was sharing a hackney home with some young wan, and I invited her into 'my place' for a drink. All went grand, until about 11am next morning, when I woke with a yawn, to notice a Ford Ka pulling into the drive downstairs.

Within 30 seconds, I had shaken yer wan awake, and we were legging it out the kitchen door, down the orchard, and hopped the wall into the public road, leaving behind us a half-uneaten bag of chips, a box of fags, and -- on their kitchen table -- whatever remained of their bottle of sherry.

I avoided the owners for about six months. But some time after that, I got my Leaving Cert results, their Dad popped by to wish me well in college. 'Have you got a part-time job yet?' he asked, I said 'Not Yet', and he goes, 'Well you might get a job as a house-sitter, you definitely have a bit of experience'.

i've been cringing ever since, but I'm glad he didn't take it too seriously. Still can't look that family in the eye, mind you.

Ironically?

Yes Fanboy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Would of been quite local to an infamous murder as a young child. Remember it like it was yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

My teenage years were just one long drunken fumble :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

The loopers of Co Clare?

Would of been quite local to an infamous murder as a young child. Remember it like it was yesterday.

I remember Dominic Mcglinchy getting caught alright.
    The town was virtually shut down.

He was caught outside Newmarket on Fergus , I think it was a big thing at the time.

Or when Dessie O'Hare was in the loose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Do you mean the ones that are now called John have a beard work as welders and have a surgically attached latex lad?

The loopers of Co Clare?

Or loppers, we could have a gardening twist in its....and a big yew maze...

I remember Dominic Mcglinchy getting caught alright.
    The town was virtually shut down.

He was caught outside Newmarket on Fergus , I think it was a big thing at the time.

Or when Dessie O'Hare was in the loose...

I was an 8 year old crossing the road when the general was shot dead. Watched it all happen in slow mo.

I was an 8 year old crossing the road when the general was shot dead. Watched it all happen in slow mo.

Omg seriously.
    That must have been an intense time.

Where I grew up in Shannon was a totally different world.
    We had a lot of people from the north living there.

Zero drug's, not much crime and was very free.

There was no tollerence for criminals coming in from Limerick, Shannon was very cosmopolitan.

With the Airport and Industrial estate we had a mixed population.
    Chilleans, South Africans, Libians, Russians, Cubans, English, American, Indians...

We had Catholic schools who were open to Muslims,Sikks, Protestants Atheists, Lutherans etc

None of that bull**** you'll hear being spouted by Atheist Ireland saying there's something wrong with our schools...

That was how inclusive it was back in the 80's

• Advertisement

Omg seriously.
    That must have been an intense time.

Where I grew up in Shannon was a totally different world.
    We had a lot of people from the north living there.

Zero drug's, not much crime and was very free.

There was no tollerence for criminals coming in from Limerick, Shannon was very cosmopolitan.

With the Airport and Industrial estate we had a mixed population.
    Chilleans, South Africans, Libians, Russians, Cubans, English, American, Indians...

We had Catholic schools who were open to Muslims,Sikks, Protestants Atheists, Lutherans etc

None of that bull**** you'll hear being spotted by Atheist Ireland saying there's something wrong with our schools...

That was how inclusive it was back in the 80's

Yeah. I will never forget it. I was about 3 foot from the car when gunman ran to it. I remember looking thinking the guy looked strange as he was changing bottoms on side of the road from work hi visuals.

I had been in my fathers bar saying hello leading up to it then walked with my mam to rathmines for a bus home. It was crazy for a little while after it.

Yeah I’d imagine living in a smaller town was a lot different to living up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I was working close by the shooting at time and was stopped by two young uniformed Gardai who's eyes lit up when thought they had the Hitman.
    I fitted the description of the gunman released to Gardai in the immediate aftermath.

The look of dejection on their little faces when an older detective questioned me and my work collegue after have a root in the back of van and finding only electricians tools .

I was working close by the shooting at time and was stopped by two young uniformed Gardai who's eyes lit up when thought they had the Hitman.
    I fitted the description of the gunman released to Gardai in the immediate aftermath.

The look of dejection on their little faces when an older detective questioned me and my work collegue after have a root in the back of van and finding only electricians tools .

Police were on the scene within 2 minutes I fully believe the theory he was allowed be executed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

Me and me mate went to America on a plane. Just walked through security.
    Different time back then.

"Health cuts hurt the old, the sick and the poor"
    Fianna Fail manifesto 1987.

I am single, and in my 40's now. I have health Insurance..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Me and me mate went to America on a plane. Just walked through security.
    Different time back then.

More info please

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Flyingsnowball

More info please

Ah crying statues and all. I seen the Virgin Mary in knock.

Advertisement