Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simone O’Broin: If i say boycott.... done.

Options

Comments

Cabin crew should be issued with tasers for pricks like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The fear will be strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Aegir wrote: »
    Cabin crew should be issued with tasers for pricks like that.

Cabin crew would be well justified in throwing her out the door in mid-air.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

India stand with Israel so yeah…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

"I'm an international, human rights lawyer for the Palestinian people.... so give me a bottle of wine ya Indian Cnut!"

What a lovely individual. Just goes to show the true nature and ego of many of these BDS fools.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Oh. My. Goodness. That is awful.

Zorya wrote: »
    Oh. My. Goodness. That is awful.

She is a grade A loon.
    http://www.israellycool.com/2018/11/14/anti-zionist-no-antisemite-of-the-day-simone-obroin/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Why are they calling her Irish?

Granted, she has an Irish name, but I understand she was born in the UK, raised in the UK, lives in the UK, and in the video, clearly has a British (London?) accent.

P.S. Never heard of her before now. Anyone with any background on this muppet?

dotsman wrote: »
    Why are they calling her Irish?

Granted, she has an Irish name, but I understand she was born in the UK, raised in the UK, lives in the UK, and in the video, clearly has a British (London?) accent.

P.S. Never heard of her before now. Anyone with any background on this muppet?

I think she is from NI originally, given her threats to get the cabin crew shot by the IRA.

Well, maybe we all could have just followed that "If you've nothing good to say, say nothing" maxim:

Irish lawyer who racially abused flight crew found dead after jail release

Poor lady. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Well, maybe we all could have just followed that "If you've nothing good to say, say nothing" maxim:

Then perhaps choose thread that is not so embarrassing for the family to post news of her death. Or make a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

There was another thread on this and it finished with the news that she was found dead soon after leaving prison.

She made a mistake and was targeted by self-righteous trolls because of it - looks like the death threats did the trick.

Your Face wrote: »
    There was another thread on this and it finished with the news that she was found dead soon after leaving prison.

She made a mistake and was targeted by self-righteous trolls because of it - looks like the death threats did the trick.

She was a self righteous troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

She was a self righteous troll.

That comment is so ignorant.

I'm not surprised people think she's Irish,.the filthy tongue on her :D

What is really weird is she has gone for an Irish version of her name but well..its O for a woman but should it not be Ni Bhroin?

Why use the Irish version if you are going to get it incorrect?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

A sentiment she should have followed herself.

Your Face wrote: »
    That comment is so ignorant.

She was fake as is clearly demonstrated.

She was also highly antisemitic. Clearly she thinks she is better than everyone else because she is white.

There is a rank smell of white supremacy from BDS sometimes. Some of them don't even speak well of Palestinians.

This is one of her rants.

The Poway shooting was at a chabad congregation.

obion2.jpg

I have zero issue with people marking her death with respect etc. But BDS is actually full of white supremacists who hate muslims as much as they hate jews. The rest are just very naive people who leave as soon as they realize there are neo nazis in their midst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Well, maybe we all could have just followed that "If you've nothing good to say, say nothing" maxim.
    Why? We weren't to know of this outcome. People who make the news get discussed.

That said, it's terrible that she's dead. An absolute joke that people who were angry at her for her treatment of others, behave in a similar fashion.

Why? We weren't to know of this outcome. People who make the news get discussed.

That said, it's terrible that she's dead. An absolute joke that people who were angry at her for her treatment of others, behave in a similar fashion.

I know why put news of her death in a thread about her horrible incident?

It would have been kinder to make a separate thread.

People don't read the last post of a thread before posting they read the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

The danger here is that she could be used as an example to really start locking down on the non-person culture going around of late.

Maybe not this one but eventually it will hit a stride and legislators will move in.

Calhoun wrote: »
    The danger here is that she could be used as an example to really start locking down on the non-person culture going around of late.

Maybe not this one but eventually it will hit a stride and legislators will move in.
    I don't understand ..? non person culture??

I don't understand ..? non person culture??

The making something go viral then dog pilling the person who you aren't happy with and essentially ostracizing them.

The lady above said some pretty bad stuff that was indefensible but now after this was it a case that she was not all there.

Calhoun wrote: »
    The making something go viral then dog pilling the person who you aren't happy with and essentially ostracizing them.

The lady above said some pretty bad stuff that was indefensible but now after this was it a case that she was not all there.
    I know a bit more of the background.

She said racist things before not only about Jews.

I guess she was as sane as any white supremacist.

Being mentally ill doesn't excuse anyone being a jerk. Plenty of people are not all there technically and are nice people.

She was given a lot of credibility from society though for a long time even in the face of a lot of horrible views.

And TBH is anyone in BDS all there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Copying this from Reddit because maybe someone can shed some light on this psychologically:

I'm genuinely not trying to be a dick here, I just honestly find it utterly perplexing how it's even remotely possible for anyone (other than insecure preteens) to genuinely be psychologically affected by words written by random strangers who you don't know and will never actually meet or interact with in person. I just don't get it. There's the internet, and then there's real life. How are there so many people who can't compartmentalise the two?

Like, I totally get it if someone gets depressed, self harms, or even commits suicide because of abuse and bullying from people they actually know in real life, where it's just an extension of one's real-life social woes. But random, faceless accounts on social media which belong to people you've never physically interacted with in any way? It's just.... Who cares? f*ck'em, like.

Again, not trying to minimise the fact that clearly some people do get psychologically damaged by anonymous abuse online. I just don't get it. Maybe it's because I've been using anonymous online forums since my own preteens so I've just always thought of the internet as a thunderdome where (a) anything goes as far as personal abuse, but also (b) it's supremely unimportant and meaningless, coming from random strangers totally separate to one's real life. I was getting "death threats" under the name hatrickpatrick before I was even legally old enough to have any online accounts (usually in the context of online video game flame wars) and they've never bothered me simply because "I don't even know you, I couldn't give a bollocks what you have to say. Good day sir."

I guess the modern social media age doesn't train people to compartmentalise their online life and real life the way the old, pseudonymous internet naturally did?

Does anyone else find this kind of thing bizarre?

I know a bit more of the background.

She said racist things before not only about Jews.

I guess she was as sane as any white supremacist.

Being mentally ill doesn't excuse anyone being a jerk. Plenty of people are not all there technically and are nice people.

She was given a lot of credibility from society though for a long time even in the face of a lot of horrible views.

And TBH is anyone in BDS all there?

I don't know what BDS is. I am also not saying being mentally ill is an excuse for anything.

What i am saying is that eventually the wrong person will be caught out by something like this and you will see a fairly heavy legislative hand come into play.

Copying this from Reddit because maybe someone can shed some light on this psychologically:

I'm genuinely not trying to be a dick here, I just honestly find it utterly perplexing how it's even remotely possible for anyone (other than insecure preteens) to genuinely be psychologically affected by words written by random strangers who you don't know and will never actually meet or interact with in person. I just don't get it. There's the internet, and then there's real life. How are there so many people who can't compartmentalise the two?

Like, I totally get it if someone gets depressed, self harms, or even commits suicide because of abuse and bullying from people they actually know in real life, where it's just an extension of one's real-life social woes. But random, faceless accounts on social media which belong to people you've never physically interacted with in any way? It's just.... Who cares? f*ck'em, like.

Again, not trying to minimise the fact that clearly some people do get psychologically damaged by anonymous abuse online. I just don't get it. Maybe it's because I've been using anonymous online forums since my own preteens so I've just always thought of the internet as a thunderdome where (a) anything goes as far as personal abuse, but also (b) it's supremely unimportant and meaningless, coming from random strangers totally separate to one's real life. I was getting "death threats" under the name hatrickpatrick before I was even legally old enough to have any online accounts (usually in the context of online video game flame wars) and they've never bothered me simply because "I don't even know you, I couldn't give a bollocks what you have to say. Good day sir."

I guess the modern social media age doesn't train people to compartmentalise their online life and real life the way the old, pseudonymous internet naturally did?

I really don't believe she was getting death threats for a minute. Maybe in her head she was.

We live in a world where a social media manager/dev for a games company was doxxed because of a joke on twitter that they may or may not have had a hand in.

People intentionally find out who you are and try and track you down, its not like it used to be there is much more of a mob mentality.

I really don't believe she was getting death threats for a minute. Maybe in her head she was.

How do you know? are you glad she killed herself? you seem very dismissive of her. Did she deserve to die because of her beliefs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Maybe not, but even if she was, what of it? Random strangers on the internet say all kinds of sh!t on a daily basis. I genuinely can't get my head around how it can possibly have any bigger impact on someone's life than the minor annoyance of having to turn push notifications off for a while to stop your phone buzzing with messages from randomers which crowd out messages from people you know about things you actually need to know about. Beyond that.... I mean no offense to either of ye, but if ILoveYourVibes or Calhoun were to message me and say something like "I will hunt you down and stick a knife in your heart" I'd just be like "...Good luck with that, random strangers. What else ya got?"

I don't mean to sound flippant because the number of cases like this in recent years shows that obviously many people do genuinely care what random internet strangers have to say about them, I just have genuinely spent many years trying as hard as I can to get into that mindset and I just can't do it. It doesn't compute, at all. I cannot comprehend on any level how anyone could care what [insert random strangers' name here] has to say. If you don't know someone in real life, if what they're writing to you doesn't materially affect your actual real life relationships in any way, then what of it? It's utterly meaningless, and it's really sad that anyone would take the internet seriously enough to self-harm over the idiotic ramblings of people who have no relationship with them outside the computer screen.

Advertisement