Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro Car Parks 2016 Parking Charge Notice

• 30-01-2016 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Everyone!

Got a parking charge notice today for 70e (or 50e if paid within 14 days). It was for parking without a ticket displayed in a Euro Car Parks car park.

Everything I've heard about Euro Car Parks in past year's has indicated they have no access to your address etc under data protection. This would mean they could not follow up on the fine and advice would be to ignore it.

However, I am worried my knowledge is out of date..........and if I ignore the PCR will I eventually get summons to court in post. Id rather pay now than face that prospect!

I would really appreciate any information people have on this topic!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭The_fever

There is no contract. Ignore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I got a parking charge notice (€50 fine rising to €70 if not paid within 2 weeks) in a Euro Car Parks car park today - I overstayed by an hour and a half after my ticket ran out; just wondering if anyone can confirm what 'the fever' has said above re ignoring the notice without risk of repercussions? Does anyone have recent experience to back this up? Thanks :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

kbannon wrote: »

Sorry to be very dense but what do you mean by 'ignore means nothing'?
    Thanks for linking that thread, I searched earlier but didn't find that one.

Sorry. I meant to include a comma.
    Ignore it as it means nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 B898

Anyone hear anything after about the charge ? Just got one today 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 2 B898

AshA0388 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!

Got a parking charge notice today for 70e (or 50e if paid within 14 days). It was for parking without a ticket displayed in a Euro Car Parks car park.

Everything I've heard about Euro Car Parks in past year's has indicated they have no access to your address etc under data protection. This would mean they could not follow up on the fine and advice would be to ignore it.

However, I am worried my knowledge is out of date..........and if I ignore the PCR will I eventually get summons to court in post. Id rather pay now than face that prospect!

I would really appreciate any information people have on this topic!

What did you do afterwards? Just got one today and don't know what to do!

Have you read any of the posts in this or the thread I linked to (three years ago!)?
    Ignore the ticket because it is not a real ticket!
    They have no authority!
    I've gotten loads in the past and never paid them yet continue to use their car parks.

Can confirm, there was no follow-up to my non payment in 2016.

Advertisement