Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-03-2015, 10:45   #61
Nicor

Teaching council exam

Hi
Am sitting the exam in April and wondered if anyone would be willing to e-mail me their notes. I have the books but it is a VERY long time since I last wrote an exam.
Thanks
Nicky
Advertisement
18-03-2015, 18:15   #62
spurious
Category Moderator

Please read the thread. At least one person has offered to send notes on if you send them a Private Message.
14-04-2015, 21:01   #63
Fl_rach

Hi All,

I've emailed a few of you on this thread about sending on notes but have literally just emailed now! If anyone can help and send me any notes/essays that they may have it would be amazing as I'm starting to panic as to how to piece answers together for this exam. Its so wide and varied! Help me guys!
23-04-2015, 08:41   #64
abra1

Can email some notes this morn if you pm email before 12? I'll b sitting exam on sat too so if you have any extra we could swap?
Thanks from:
07-05-2015, 11:57   #65
folz

Hi guys I did my schooling in the USA and I really could use some help to get notes and any other advice. My facebook page is <mod snip> if anyone would mind sharing their notes with me.
thanks a mill

Last edited by evolving_doors; 07-05-2015 at 18:10.
Advertisement
07-05-2015, 14:20   #66
spurious
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by folz View Post
Hi guys I did my schooling in the USA and I really could use some help to get notes and any other advice. My facebook page is emer gency foley if anyone would mind sharing their notes with me.
thanks a mill
Why not read back over the thread, find the person that has the notes and send them a PM, like they asked?
Thanks from:
08-05-2015, 14:39   #67
folz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionac26 View Post
Sure just sent me your email
Hello,
Do you have any nnotes for the History of education exam by any chance?

Thanks,

Emer
21-10-2015, 13:28   #68
SonyaFay

Hi Bridget,

I know you posted regarding the History and Structure of Irish Education System Exam 2 years ago now, I was just wondering if you have any notes/ essays for it? It would be really much appreciated!

Thanks very much
26-10-2015, 10:45   #69
CatD001

Yes its a bit of a racket and you get to learn lots of useless information which will never be of use in a classroom. Certainly doesn't give anyone a warm fuzzy feeling, or help with behaviour, or help us work towards the understanding we want to achieve in the classroom. I went to the UK for undergraduate studies and followed those with a PGCE. I stayed working as a teacher in the UK for about 3 years after qualifying and came home to do a Masters in Education. There are very few teaching jobs here, and those that are there are usually already filled with the advertising and interview all but a formality.

As you can imagine I'm so less than impressed with the Irish system hence why I'm now teaching at third level.
Advertisement
03-11-2015, 21:33   #70
fiona123bie

Hi my husband has to sit this exam next week and just has been so busy with work that he hasn't had a chance to study for it. I would really really appreciate any notes, essays or advice for the exam. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
29-02-2016, 17:07   #71
amcfall21

Hi all,

I know this post is really old....but I'm in the same boat, qualified in the North and have just found out I have to sit this aptitude test, I'm doing it in April but not really sure what to be looking at, thought my test sitting days were over! Has anyone any advice for me?

Many thanks in advance!
29-02-2016, 17:09   #72
spurious
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcfall21 View Post
Hi all,

I know this post is really old....but I'm in the same boat, qualified in the North and have just found out I have to sit this aptitude test, I'm doing it in April but not really sure what to be looking at, thought my test sitting days were over! Has anyone any advice for me?

Many thanks in advance!
It's not an aptitude test. You will have to study the History of Irish Education. It's not an exam you can just arrive at on the day and do well in. You need to know the facts.
29-02-2016, 17:15   #73
amcfall21

On the teaching council website they called it an aptitude test, didn't think that was the right term for it. I'm aware background knowledge is necessary but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on where is best to look, I'm teaching Monday-Friday so would rather use the most reliable sources.
29-02-2016, 17:32   #74
spurious
Category Moderator

John Coolahan's book is fairly comprehensive, but I'm not sure what level of detail they require. Can you access past papers to see the sort of questions?
(2) thanks from:
29-02-2016, 18:47   #75

For my hdip anyhow a good one was the abdication of responsibilty from succesive gvts. and how religious orders stepped in to provide education. ( bout 1850 - today).
Another one was the setting up of the VEC system (now ETB).
I have some notes from another poster if yo want to PM me.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion