Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have always motivated, never downtrodden, but erple m8, you take the biscuit

Options
  • 02-10-2000 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

i intended to post a reply to you erple regarding remarks you made about montys various efforts on his pic, but monty wisely closed the topic before he said anything he regreted or before someone else posted a reply to your remarks, because monty is a sound man.

i dont know you erple and therefore i am not going to pass comments on who you are or what kind of person you are because I have always maintained the fact that i do not judge people, until i have met them face to face,

but........its amazing how you can sense a persons tone merely from a reply they made to a topic and your tone was neither respectful nor encouraging and on these boards you should respect EVERYONE, because if you dont respect others all you are doing is disrespecting yourself....

if you are better than someone at something, then you encourage them and give them hints on how they can improve, or what better programs to use NEVER REDUCE SOMEONES EFFORTS TO A FEW ANNOYING RETORTS ... your tone was no more than a NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH, of a child boastingly pointing out that he is better than the other kids... but thats a bad plan you see because eventually all the other kids will not want to play with you,

its also a bad idea when first joining a boards community to cause sparks ESPECIALLY when that perosn just happens!!!!! to be the bloody moderator.

so please change the tone and play nice smile.gif

because at heart we are all very nice people here, apart of course from monty, who i think is a ......... cool.gif hehe g'wan monty

nuff said i reckon.

welcome to the boards Erple tongue.gif

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

[This message has been edited by Wyverne (edited 02-10-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

hmmm

The boards, as I see them, is made up of a collection of people from a predominantly technical/computer based backrounds. EVERYONE is better at something than someone else, and as such they should show some respect for the others that use these boards.

Erple, for anyone with 6 posts to come on the boards and start to slag of well reputed members of this community is not only immature its plain stupid....

Pointers and tips would have been a hell of a lot more helpfull to Monty, instead of getting put down about his first genuine effort.

N

If the bottom falls out of your world, take Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    nethousegames

[This message has been edited by SHADOW (edited 02-10-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

let it go Wyverne... his artwork sucked anyway. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Erple.......

Very few people have ever seen my bad sideBut you are heading in the right direction. If I ever catch you insulting, annoying or b!tching in any way without decent probication about anyone on these boards, the offending post will be deleted. This may not seem very friendly but then again neither do you. Every one else here has no problems following that simple rule...Even those who dont know its there.

Consider this before posting any more snide remarks about anyone.

Also consider this a Warning

very funny hobbes tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Here here wyv, pld, and monty personally i thought that pic 0wned smile.gif

-Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Erple

Fair enough.

I just did that cause I was well ****ed, and was just looking for some smartarse to kick in the teeth. So, yes, Unjustified is an accurate description of that post.

But if I was to justify it, I'd say something like this:

It SERIOUSLY ****es me off when I see people "borrowing" others artwork and then making unrealistic boasts. IMHO your efforts appeared arogant. Using somone elses work and slapping a few screen layers on isnt synonymous with a claim like "I'm already turning out stuff like this". Sure, you're a beginner, but thats not the point. I know that the skilled modellers who created those ships intended for them to be freely downloadable for personal use, but theres a difference between utilising, and *******ising.

I have no problem with someone making crappy art(its all subjective), but a borrowed model and a half-arsed effort will never impress me.

Love and kisses,
    Your Friend,
    Erple.

That last expletive is "b.astard"

And the top 2 are "p.iss"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I don't think Monty was trying to impress anyone, just telling us about what he'd been up to and giving an example :-/

I am inflatible !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

/me wonders exactly what Erple knows about 3D modelling and what he expects from someone who has barely been doing it a week...

/me wonders why Sico doesnt bother to read a post before responding to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

MEOW!!! HISS HISS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Soren

My cats name is mittens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

My cats breath smells like cat food.....

I am inflatible !

My dog eats Cats for breakfast...
    tongue.gif

N

If the bottom falls out of your world, take Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    nethousegames

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

mmmmm
    eating pussy for breakfast smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

i think Erple's allowed an opinion here too like and if he feels it worthy to express then he should be let do so without us all getting all defensive bout it.

Fair play ta Monty all the same...most people say..."oh i'd love to be able to do some 3d stuff" and never bother their asses tryin like. Good luck with he learnin.

Oh buck oh buck this post sounds to serious for me. I think i'll let it slip by my lack-of-silliness censors just to show whats a seat-of-the-pants, unpredictable guy i am.

yeah i will.

Sure,your entitled to your opinion erple but theres about 1800 people who would disagree with you at www.scifi-art.com and find it perfectly acceptable once credit is given to the appropriate creators....You see there are some(like myself at the moment) who cant model to save thier lives and others who can make amazing meshs but a crap at artwork like this poor guy who made the best voyager mesh that most people have ever seen http://sarod.cjb.net/ (the link for it is at the bottom of the page)

You can have your opinion and I'll have mine.

I suggest we leave it at that

"Respect my Authoratai"

www.spacebattles.com
    Net House Games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Erple Who da fup do u think u are!?!?
    SO what, monty wanted to start devoloping his Scene setup skilz b4 takin on modeling.
    Whats it to do with u?
    I'm an artist myself, and i'm afraid i meet waaaaaaay to many designers with ur ****y attiude.
    Now I personaly never use any1 else's werk in my on projects as a rule. Only mabye photograpy for some 2d design which would be edited quit a bit.
    But for ppl startin off in max using other ppls models, maps or whatever is good expeirance for them. They get to c how its done, untill they can make there own stuff.
    I thought it was a EXELENT first attempt @ a scene. Monty who is under instruction from sico (1 of da l33t LUDO possie)
    Crit like da for a beginner!? U should be ASHAMED of urself.........

<snip> You were warned.

Fact: Importing others meshes is NOT ever a good way to learn, its like trying to cycle before you can walk, I know this to be true.

Fact: Monty's pic was NOT a great achievement, he simply imported models, and posed them badly. The only marginally difficult part was adding the hazy-nebula effect and the explosions, but that's the kind of thing you learn to do in 5 minutes.

Fact: The ONLY thing I've done wrong was that I didn't express my opinions in a nice way, maybe you'd prefer if I said something like: "Da kewl monty m8 but i tink u should try making ur own modelz"

Fact: A lot of people here take themselves much too seriously.

Fact: Smoking causes lung cancer.

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 04-10-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

LOL @ the troll judging people by the way they write BB posts

Why don't you post up some of your l33t modelling so we can all see what kind of master is criticizing all and sundry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Soren

Fact: A childs got more bones than a grown-ups got !

Fact: ( . )( . ) Rock

Thats my contribution anyway.....

(excuse the spam *cough*)

[This message has been edited by Soren (edited 03-10-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Originally posted by Erple:

anyone who deliberately types "like da", is either 11 years old or very delusional.
    U come on as a newbie to these boards, and UR tellin me how to post!?!. Well u Fu<k off there i'll type how i want to type.

Fact: Importing others meshes is NOT ever a good way to learn, its like trying to cycle before you can walk, I know this to be true.
    ROFLOL where there fu<k are u coming from?
    Thats how i picked up most of da Advanced modeling skilz i was'nd thought in college.

FACT: I've Devolped for PC and Playstation 2 so i think i know what i'm talkin about.

FACT: U can learn an UNREAL amount from takin a look @ a Good model, seein how it was mad up.

Fact: Monty's pic was NOT a great achievement
    we'll thats UR opionion. But for some reason I think ur on ur own on that 1. For a first attempt i thought it ROCKED.

Fact: A lot of people here take themselves much too seriously.
    ya might try takin some of ur own advice.

Mabye u should go off any annoy some other board lamer.

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 03-10-2000).]

Yeah actually I'd love to see how the REAL PRO's do it...

C'mon Erple lets some of your work...
    I'm sure if you are as good as you say you are that you have some up on the web somewhere.....

Just feel free to post the link here...
    N

nethousegames

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

you guys are gay

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by walt:
    you guys are gay

I think that summs it all up nicely... wink.gif

Erple, fire up some of your stuff to let us have a looksee.

As someone who know's NOTHING about 3d art or modelling or whatever (I'm a programmer!), I thought Monty's pic was pretty l33t - esp. for a first attempt. I've got this 3d max thing, but not a notion on how to use it. Must install it for the laugh...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement