Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coke Life

• 28-03-2015 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Seen this stuff in the shop

Any1 tried it? Is it piss or ok?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Making your own mind up is one of the last freedoms anyone really has.
    Use that freedom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Its for people on diets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

OP is a tightwad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Its for people on diets.

......to wash down their big macs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

OP is a tightwad.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Its for people on diets.

What's Diet Coke for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

kneemos wrote: »
    What's Diet Coke for?

Pervey feckin women in offices.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is it not 'natural' sweeteners, so not diet at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Sure coke zero and diet coke are the exact same products, only theyre marketed differently, one aimed at the male population (0) and the other female (diet)

Actually the caffeine content is different in them AFAIK. Diet Coke has a higher caffeine amount whereas coke zero has nearly the same amount as normal coke.

Also Coke Life tastes like watered down coke IMO, had it once don't plan on touching it again

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭TheOtherBloke

Coke life provides an option that contains less sugar and even fewer calories and that is sweetened from natural sources. All shyte though. Normal coke all the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

According to teen ds it's the same taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I'd try it but 1 Euro is a lot to waste if it turns out to be not nice. Think I'll stick to regular Coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Is a great and innovative product from Coca-Cola I think. Great tasting, its sweetened with cane sugar and stevia leaf extract, and really gives you a refreshing up-lift with 35 percent fewer calories than other leading colas. The distinctive green label and visual identity is also a great job and makes it stand out in store displays. Shows how great Coke is at expanding their sparkling beverage portfolio to meet their consumers' evolving needs and preferences. A terrific product, that really redefines the soft drink landscape. I stock up every week for the whole family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

spurious wrote: »

Yip, "natural" sweeteners but apparently there's more natural sugar vs a regular coke.

edit: "only" two thirds of the calories
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2815775/Green-Coke-calorie-free-leaf-sweetener-South-America-sugar-regular-critics-warn-s-marketing-gimmick.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

Is a great and innovative product from Coca-Cola I think. Great tasting, its sweetened with cane sugar and stevia leaf extract, and really gives you a refreshing up-lift with 35 percent fewer calories than other leading colas. The distinctive green label and visual identity is also a great job and makes it stand out in store displays. Shows how great Coke is at expanding their sparkling beverage portfolio to meet their consumers' evolving needs and preferences. A terrific product, that really redefines the soft drink landscape. I stock up every week for the whole family.

This post is sponsored by CocaCola (tm)

HAIL LEADER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Spot the Coca Cola employee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Macavity. wrote: »
    I'd try it but 1 Euro is a lot to waste if it turns out to be not nice. Think I'll stick to regular Coke.

Life changing sum of money altogether so tis.

Sweet. Can you send me a few cans. You get employee discount right ??

On a positive, Santa might be back in green this Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

It's no Dr pepper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

It's not too bad when ice cold, but it certainly lacks the kick of normal Coke.

jamesbere wrote: »
    It's no Dr pepper

Is anybody else of the vintage that remembers Virgin Cola.

Horrid stuff.

Spot the Coca Cola employee.

Fairly sure it's the case of spotting the several posters that don't get sarcasm.

I don't like the shade of green on the tin

Also pepsi max is lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A bit too like Diet Coke for my liking. Gives that same foamy head as diet when you pour a glass of it.

This thread reminded me of something.

Dunnes own brand cola is cheaper than their own brand water (Both 2L)

What in the name of god is it made of if they can sell it cheaper than water. ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The groups of posters that normally arrive well before now to inform us how coke is horrible stuff and how they wouldnt touch it if it was all they had when stranded in the desert must be on their break.

Tzardine wrote: »

What in the name of god is it made of if they can sell it cheaper than water. ??

Bubbles.

• Advertisement

The groups of posters that normally arrive well before now to inform us how coke is horrible stuff and how they wouldnt touch it if it was all they had when stranded in the desert must be on their break.

Having their Quorn sausages and Cuscus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

It's for weight conscious Sinn Fein supporters and Irish dancing aficionados.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Given my intake of real coke, coke Zero should have slashed my daily calorie intake. I lost a stone in 6 weeks and then proceeded to put 2 stone back on over the following months. Didn't help my blood sugar levels either like it was supposed to. So last week when we ran out of zero I said fcuk it, back to real coke for me. One glass and Inwas out the door to buy some zero. I cannot tolerate the real stuff now. Horrible sickly sweet syrupy goo that leaves a coating in my mouth. I now understand ow some people hate the stuff. Love me zero still though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

spurious wrote: »

there is a "natural" sweetener that comes from some plant, is like 1000x sweeter than sugar so low cal. tastes like ass tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I tried it just to see what it was like. It's ok, it's better than diet coke pish, has a fuller taste than Cole zero but isn't as nice as regular Coke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:D Great buzzwords man, anyone would think you worked in marketing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Guess I'm showing my age when I clicked on this thread and was shocked that it wasn't about Katy French and Gerry Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Ooh look at me.... I'm a big cheese down at the cola factory :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Waste water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Is anybody else of the vintage that remembers Virgin Cola.

Horrid stuff.

Wasn't that the one in the "Pammy" shaped bottle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I don't see the point, but whatever. To each their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

kneemos wrote: »
    What's Diet Coke for?

only fat people drink diet coke

Wasn't that the one in the "Pammy" shaped bottle?

That's the one. Silver curvy bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

If you wanna drink healthy, drink water; if you wanna drink Coke, drink Coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

nokia69 wrote: »
    only fat people drink diet coke

I thought it was just fat women.
    Coke Zero was for fat men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i lost a stone on a mostly pepsi max diet

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭towelly

I prefer Coke Death.

i didn't choose the coke life the coke life chose me

lol

Advertisement