Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keep your enemies closer!

• 28-03-2015 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Do you have any enemies?

One person I known is my sworn enemy for life but it's their choice, I try to be amicable but it won't always work. I'm no saint either tho :)

I can't understand hate, I just can't hate someone.
    I have met lots of people I like and dislike but I don't even consider my enemies true enemies just misguided.

In saying that I know one cnut whom it depresses me to see, he is the embodied spirit of a bully, best avoided.

So do you have any enemies or do you think you are loved by all?

note: I'm awake now and can't sleep, still wasted from last night :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If that's merry then Lord help us!

No, no enemies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.

If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sun Tzu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I hate every ape I see,
    From chimpan A to chimpanzee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

In before Frank Grimes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

In before Frank Grimes.

Or Grimey, as he like to be known.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Enemy is a very strong word. I've people who don't like me and there's people I don't like but I don't waste my time on them and vice versa. There's no one I hate though and I don't think anyone hates me THAT much to consider me an enemy...as far as I know. I'm generally not the kind of person to rub people up the wrong way outside of Boards. Couldn't be arsed with all that drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Can't like everyone and not everyone will like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Can't like everyone and not everyone will like you.

Well you don't have to dislike anyone either?

I mean, what's the point in disliking anyone? If they don't like you, it's not as if they're going to care for your opinion of them either way.

No OP, I don't spend much time thinking about people I don't like, it's really not like I have a list or anything. I don't dislike anyone tbh, it's usually just the case that I may not know them as well as I thought I did. Then I go on about my day.

I'm fairly sure there are people that think of me in very negative terms too, but like I said above - their opinion of me isn't likely to trouble me a whole lot either.

I prefer to give more time to people whom I have great admiration and respect for, as opposed to those people who think I'm an a-hole.

I have two enemies whose heads I would gladly remove ISIS style given the opportunity :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I hate all this hippy pc do-gooder crap. "hate is such a strong word" "someone can dislike you but why waste your energy disliking them back" Jesus. Hate is great, it releases a shed load of other feelings when you think of said person such as disgust, anger, annoyance and so on. All that fizzles out when you stand up like a man and say no, f*ck this sh*t. I hate you and I hate your smelly face.

Naaaaah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I only have one enemy - Tony Lynch

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

That's unfair on his parents. Tony is their only son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

I never really hated anyone tbh. Can't hold grudges either. Live and let live I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Don't have any. Used to have a pile of Melody Makers back in the day though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭thickhead

I've made a few enemies here. That's only because im an asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I hate all this hippy pc do-gooder crap. "hate is such a strong word" "someone can dislike you but why waste your energy disliking them back" Jesus. Hate is great, it releases a shed load of other feelings when you think of said person such as disgust, anger, annoyance and so on. All that fizzles out when you stand up like a man and say no, f*ck this sh*t. I hate you and I hate your smelly face.

Naaaaah.

Well I love you. Paz, hermano. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Well you don't have to dislike anyone either?

I mean, what's the point in disliking anyone? If they don't like you, it's not as if they're going to care for your opinion of them either way.

No OP, I don't spend much time thinking about people I don't like, it's really not like I have a list or anything. I don't dislike anyone tbh, it's usually just the case that I may not know them as well as I thought I did. Then I go on about my day.

I'm fairly sure there are people that think of me in very negative terms too, but like I said above - their opinion of me isn't likely to trouble me a whole lot either.

I prefer to give more time to people whom I have great admiration and respect for, as opposed to those people who think I'm an a-hole.

Some people you just take a disliking to. You can't help it. Now you can be nice and courteous to them, but at the same time you may want to Rip off your own arm and beat them with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Some people you just take a disliking to. You can't help it. Now you can be nice and courteous to them, but at the same time you may want to Rip off your own arm and beat them with it.

Ohh if we were talking about people that I'm annoyed by, then yeah, plenty of those people alright and sometimes yeah, good smack upside the head would relieve the stress that dealing with them brings on :pac:

But dislike? Nah, they're just annoying is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

There is actually one person I truly despise beyond rational measure and would consider him an 'enemy'. I would go to say I see him as subhuman. Absurd as it sounds. But if you lot knew or met this complete scumbag, I doubt I'd be alone in my opinion. He hopped on me a couple of times when we were 12 - 13 year olds and he knew I was intimidated by him. I wasn't the only one he did this to. Haven't seen the bastard in years.

A junkie bully and a complete waste of space all his life. If I was terminally ill I think it would be a top priority on my bucket list to end this fcuker's life. Even ten years later. I should probably stop incriminating myself now. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Hate is a strong word. But one I'm not sure whether I'd use. When I think of some people I've known/been stuck with, I don't know what word to use but I do know that if I happened across their upturned car in a ditch, I'd keep driving, If I met them on the street, theyd be given one opportunity not to follow me as I walked away, and if they were on fire and all I had was a glass of piss, I'd drink it before I'd splash them with it.

The enmity in the last couple of posts is giving me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles.

If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.

If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sun Tzu

Sun Tzu never moves on to practical applications of his philosophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

There are a few I'd happily chop up and bury in the woods, if I could get away with it.;)

Advertisement