Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FOOLS

• 27-03-2015 12:56pm

How do you deal with them?

We all get befuddled, but i mean FOOLS.

Fool n (fuːl) (etym: follis (latin) windbag): a person who talks trash at length yet struggles with basic tasks & concepts; a loud buffoon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Fool n (fuːl) (etym: follis (latin) windbag): a person who talks trash at length yet struggles with basic tasks & concepts; a loud buffoon

I just put them on ignore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I pity the fools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Thelomen Toblackai

Suffer them gladly. Only way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I get rich off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Was wondering what the word fool meant there, for a minute.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Like Court Jesters? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I think you need to be around a few people that you consider fools. If I'm around someone like that and start getting annoyed, I try to think "Whats this guy/gal doing thats pissing me off". Generally they're exhibiting a part of your own personality that you dislike. By being around them helps you to reduce your own foolish behavior and thus you profit from the relationship. Unless of course you don't analyses the situation, start bickering and abusing them and end up exhibiting shed loads of the **** you don't like about yourself. Now your a fool but maybe someone else is benefiting from being around your foolishness. Silver linings and all that jazz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

fizzypish wrote: »
    I think you need to be around a few people that you consider fools. If I'm around someone like that and start getting annoyed, I try to think "Whats this guy/gal doing thats pissing me off". Generally they're exhibiting a part of your own personality that you dislike. By being around them helps you to reduce your own foolish behavior and thus you profit from the relationship. Unless of course you don't analyses the situation, start bickering and abusing them and end up exhibiting shed loads of the **** you don't like about yourself. Now your a fool but maybe someone else is benefiting from being around your foolishness. Silver linings and all that jazz.

This is what makes people eventually go "postal"and splatter brain matter over the magnolia decor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I don't like this definition at all, mainly because it has the word 'trash' in it.

because it has the word 'trash' in it.
    so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I usually commit acts of verbal or physical violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I they them to fly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

A fool is never aware that he or she is indeed, a fool.

They often have a false sense of superiority and consider their peers to be fools.

They're often guilty of excessive and unnecessary capitalisation of words or phrases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I deliver them and get rich from it.

There's one born every minute you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

No point arguing with them, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

-Mark Twain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Place one beside you. You shall appear wise and godlike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I usually commit acts of verbal or physical violence.
    You mean 'pulling a Jezza'? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I Like Cake !

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

uch wrote: »
    I Like Cake !

The cake is a lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

very harsh on fools in here :(

Sorry was a bit harsh in my OP.

Had an infuriating situation this morning. Had a man over to do a job and he caused hundreds of euro in damage. Now he's insisting he can fix it. He is a fool and he looks like a fool. I wasn't angry at the damage he caused. That was an accident. I was angry with his attitude. FOOL.

Just wanted to know whether this stuff winds people up. I'm off the cigarettes, that isn't helping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't mind people not knowing things. The stuff I don't know vastly outweighs my actual knowledge. Some folks have low IQ, which affects their ability to learn: not their fault, can't be helped. A Fool, in my view, is someone who has the ability to learn, but thinks s/he doesn't need to learn. How do I deal with them? As little as possible.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

how can you generalize fools like that. boards is almost scary now with all this .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

The cake is a lie

NNNOoooooooooooooooo

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

There is a lesson here. My friend, the fool is you. But that is not something for you to feel bad about.

I am foolish very foolish sometimes. We all are.

If you don't know you are the fool sometimes you are twice the fool.

The Fool or The Jester is one of the 78 cards in a Tarot deck; one of the 22 Trump cards that make up the Major Arcana.

The Fool is sometimes called "the Excuse". Playing the Fool card excuses the player from either following suit or playing a trump card on that trick, this naturally means losing the trick.

Am I being made a fool of?

In Tarocchini, the Fool and the Magician are called contatori (counters) They can be used separately or together to fill missing gaps in combinations or extend them but they can't fill in two consecutive gaps in sequential combinations They can't replace the highest trump or kings. Both cards can be used in every sequence but as the Fool can't be captured while the Magician is vulnerable, the player holding the Magician would want to use it only judiciously.

In many esoteric systems of interpretation, the Fool is usually interpreted as the protagonist of a story, and the Major Arcana is the path the Fool takes through the great mysteries of life and the main human archetypes. This path is known traditionally in Tarot as the Fool's Journey, and is frequently used to introduce the meaning of Major Arcana cards to beginners.

There is a difference between a fool and a con or an ignorant person in that sense. There is the begining. We are all fools about the unknown and have blindspots in our knowledge.

As Card 0, the Fool lies at the beginning of the major arcana, but also somewhat apart from the other cards. In medieval courts, the court jester was someone who was not expected to follow the same rules as others. He could observe and then poke fun. This makes the Fool unpredictable and full of surprises. He reminds us of the unlimited potential and spontaneity inherent in every moment.

The fool is a power card ...a prankster a a joker...

The fool is about trusting your hearts desire and following through.

Do you have no ties that bind or can you take everyone you love with you if you decided to get up and go? Have you tasted a little freedom and want more? Are you oblivious to what is going on around you? AH you FOOL!

OK cards on the table time.

Pollyanna is a fool Barbarella is a fool. They go on the fool's journey.
    The Fool is always an indicator of newness; as well as the purity and open-hearted energy of a child. It's totally genuine.

People often try to treat me with disrespect or as if I am a fool because they sense my open hearted energy.

But in a negative sense the Fool Tarot card suggests that you may be acting in total disregard of the consequences of your actions and indeed acting ‘the fool’. You are trying to live ‘in the moment’ rather than planning ahead. You are acting recklessly without thought for others. The pankster the con the jokester.

The fool in king lear lends pathos to the play without him it's lost.'Truly thou art the soul of pathos in a sort of comic masquerade.'

One of the most beautiful descriptions of the fool in Lear is this 'he was one of the shrewdest, tenderest of men shrewd from his experience of the world's deceitfulness, tender from participation in the woes to which his position was incident. '

Now I bet you were not expecting all of that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

TLDR ^ anyone got a summary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

TLDR ^ anyone got a summary?

Copy and paste job from the first few matches of googling fool.

Copy and paste job from the first few matches of googling fool.

That google is wreckless.

• Advertisement

Pollyanna is a fool Barbarella is a fool. They go on the fool's journey.
    The Fool is always an indicator of newness; as well as the purity and open-hearted energy of a child. It's totally genuine.

People often try to treat me with disrespect or as if I am a fool because they sense my open hearted energy. THEY ARE THE FOOLS.

In a negative sense the Fool Tarot card suggests that you may be acting in total disregard of the consequences of your actions and indeed acting ‘the fool’. You are trying to live ‘in the moment’ rather than planning ahead. You are acting recklessly without thought for others. The pankster the con the jokester.

The fool in king lear lends pathos to the play without him it's lost.'Truly thou art the soul of pathos in a sort of comic masquerade.'

One of the most beautiful descriptions of the fool in Lear is this 'he was one of the shrewdest, tenderest of men shrewd from his experience of the world's deceitfulness, tender from participation in the woes to which his position was incident. '

''The truest are the tenderest, the loving are the daring." The Fool has, in the space of a few months, passed through the vicissitudes of a lifetime. These trials develop in him loving, whole-souled ''

Even the wise are fools sometimes.

TLDR again ^ anyone got a summary?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I deliver them and get rich from it.

There's one born every minute you know.

In the greater scheme of life I would say you are the fool.

TLDR again ^ anyone got a summary?

Just don't read it lazy bones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

LadyAthame wrote: »
    Just don't read it lazy bones.
    First time on boards? Thought not.

Tilly wrote: »
    Fist time on boards? Thought not.

Hello Tilly pleased to meet you :-) Not my first time here but hi for the first time anyway.

• Advertisement

Hello Tilly pleased to meet you :-) Not my first time here but hi for the first time anyway.

Tilly has a nubbin tonight.

Tilly has a nubbin tonight.

I am sure Tilly is lovely. :-)

I'm a cúnt :)

And with an accent too!

At least you're honest!

I would pronounce that coont ....sounds extra cunty!

• Advertisement

the buses don't go where you live, do they?

I would pronounce that coont ....sounds extra cunty!

Me and you are gonna get on just fine ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Inform them of their foolishness in a manner as thinly-veiled as required by their relative ability to knock you out.

the buses don't go where you live, do they?

This thread could be about me. We have established my fool status. I don't make connections that normal people make. I make my own. I like to call it crazy wisdom. Most people call it WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

In the greater scheme of life I would say you are the fool.

Oh my heavens! The nerve of some people.

At 3 in the morning I would expect better manners, I say, I say, I would expect better manners from a rereg.

/Foghorn Leghorn.

Advertisement