Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Area 51 invasion thingy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I hope they do do it (do do, heh). Medicine has stopped plagues from keeping the population down. Wars are only fought by America so not enough people dieing. Animals are going extinct so less people being killed by them. We need this. We need more than a few million people wiped out tbh. More power to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I never believed in the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RiCriostoir

branie2 wrote: »
    I never believed in the whole thing

Thanos has taught you well young disciple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Ah never considered that - These gobdaws will think they are livestreaming when in fact they will just be recording themselves getting flittered with bullets.

Just want to say, glorious use of the word flittered on this thread. Seeing your sentence gave me such happiness today. Thanks mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Danzy wrote: »
    About a 1000 dollars a minute in ammunition alone to fire it. 35 rounds a second

Add in Coffee, lunch, photo of you with gun.

Your talking $1030 dollars.

Give or take about $200 per 100 rounds .

About €890 for a minute give or take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

What about the flamethrower?

There's gotta be a flamethrower.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

What about the flamethrower?

There's gotta be a flamethrower.

Calling Mr musk ,

Elon please report to area 51 with some flame throwers

Gatling wrote: »
    Calling Mr musk ,

Elron please report to area 51 with some flame throwers

Well if we're doing that, we might as well bring out the Tesla Coils, or Hand of Nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

If this seriously was going ahead, I'm sure they'd ship in plenty of non-lethal weapons.

https://phys.org/news/2012-03-military-unveils-non-lethal-ray-weapon.html

Best chance a crowd has is to disperse and attack from all sides.
    Not present a large crowd that can be targeted at once.

That being said, even if they got to the base, I'm sure there's fairly decent fortified buildings and lifts to the underground complexes etc. that the average joe on foot couldn't break into.

• Advertisement

Well if we're doing that, we might as well bring out the Tesla Coils, or Hand of Nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Danzy wrote: »
    About a 1000 dollars a minute in ammunition alone to fire it. 35 rounds a second

Add in Coffee, lunch, photo of you with gun.

Your talking $1030 dollars.
    still at that rate it would pay off pretty fast :D found one in Walmart but they dont ship to Ireland :mad::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,653 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Burning Man is on next month. They'll use that as a cover.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Burning Man is on next month. They'll use that as a cover.

Only about 500 mile distance of complete Nevada emptiness in 120 degree heat to worry about between those two locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Only about 500 mile distance of complete Nevada emptiness in 120 degree heat to worry about between those two locations.

Why is it so hot?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tony Tucker

Some of the memes are hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,653 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That's not going to put them off - most of them have already driven from San Francisco!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Should be a bit of crack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 yaguhu cloud

Why is it so hot?

because its in Fahrenheit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

because its in Fahrenheit

It's not even that hot. That's death valley temps. Still too hot to be out there without water and supplies for any length of time though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Area 51.....:rolleyes:

Old news, it's all Zone 3B now!

Get with the program sheeple....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

LirW wrote: »
    Phone signals are the first thing that are going to be blocked in case of an attack.
    No, they'll have a bunch of StingRay type base stations to hover up all the data.

Those people will end up on loads of databases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    It's not even that hot. That's death valley temps. Still too hot to be out there without water and supplies for any length of time though

Nevada gets hot this time of year

Re8R4wXg.jpg

One thing that would put me off burning man is the frequent dust storms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

A whole lot of nothing.

Easy hit “attending” on Facebook. I’d say 2000 tops will turn up an they’ll all be absolute lurkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Nevada gets hot this time of year

Re8R4wXg.jpg

One thing that would put me off burning man is the frequent dust storms

Yes I know, I live there! It wouldn't be as hot as 120 in that area. Still really hot though.

Tbh, everything about burning man puts me off. The thoughts of anything happening and being stranded in such an inhospitable environment so far away from civilisation is scary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Anyone up for storming baldonnell airodrome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,271 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Count me in. You distract the guard and I will grab the smuggled booze.

Oh wait no, it's to rain.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

From my research i'm certain that something shady is going on in there.
    Casement Aerodrome (Irish: Aeradrhic Easmainn) or Baldonnel Aerodrome (IATA: N/A, ICAO: EIME) is a military airbase to the southwest of Dublin, Ireland situated off the N7 main road route to the south and south west. It is the headquarters and the sole airfield of the Irish Air Corps, and is also used for other government purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Best of luck to them, there will be a lot of potentials for the Darwin awards at least. This won't happen! Even if it does I think they can clear the facility of the 2nd Star Gate, Pandora's Box, The Lost Arc and all those flying saucers spotted over the years in time before they even get out of the bed the morning it is planned to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,271 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

From my research i'm certain that something shady is going on in there.

Classic over budgeting. The childrens hospital only cost 1 billion. The rest went to devdloping a seaplane armada piloted by leprechaun hyperjumps to take back Rockall.
    That or its just how the Dail bar gets its cheap booze.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Count me in. You distract the guard and I will grab the smuggled booze.

Oh wait no, it's to rain.
    Been done already

The organisers estimate that a hundred thousand people turned up at Baldonnel military air base despite over night rain and gusting winds.

There is literally no where to hide or run to before men and women with SUVs with lots of guns decide your not getting in

Someone already tried it along time ago :D

An Irish Anti-Treaty Commander based in Kildare nearly did that during the civil war. Patrick Mullaney planned to storm the aerodrome and steal some planes to bomb Leinster House.

They even had support from soldiers inside the base. Also managed to get drawings of the entire layout of the base. They managed to take the aerodrome guardhouse but we're unable to get enough troops mobilised to take the base. So they called it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Why?

There's only a few tired Air Corp Cessnas there.
    For a hundred quid you can fly one privately from Weston.

Why?

There's only a few tired Air Corp Cessnas there.
    For a hundred quid you can fly one privately from Weston.
    So you're saying you've never seen our stealth bombers....

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Tony Tucker

20190718-204321.jpg

20190718-172225.jpg

Advertisement