Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP William Mark Kennedy

• 09-02-2019 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

William Mark Kennedy has died at the age of 86. Definitely one of the more under appreciated pioneers in his field but an important one nonetheless. Not bad innings either. RIP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Google doesn't know him.

I normally hate when some hipster says “who?” when Taylor Swift or someone is being discussed. But in this case I ask genuinely....”who?”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,647 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I normally hate when some hipster says “who?” when Taylor Swift or someone is being discussed. But in this case I ask genuinely....”who?”

William Mark Kennedy. It's in the title!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

He scored a great goal against Yugoslavia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Some shipwrights fella?

:confused:

• Advertisement

Oh ok, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

yamaha50 wrote: »
    Who?

One of the Kennedy's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Ronnie Pickering!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

yamaha50 wrote: »
    Who?

Seems to have been a non-alcohol drinking farmer who also played cricket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

This type of unhelpful post sums after hours up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

He was a Pioneer, who attained the grand old age of 86. But, that's nothing. My granny drank like a fish, and she made it to 92.

Anyway, will post again later. Want to keep the thread alive until omackerel comes back to enlighten us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

shutup wrote: »

Ohh shutup!!

You are absolutely right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

He was a Pioneer, who attained the grand old age of 86. But, that's nothing. My granny drank like a fish, and she made it to 92.

Anyway, will post again later. Want to keep the thread alive until omackerel comes back to enlighten us.

A goer was she?

Yamanoto wrote: »
    RONNIE PICKERING!!

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oh sorry I just made him up and killed him off to see what would happen in the following posts. Wanted to see if a fight would break out or if anyone would make a show of themselves but you all passed. I'm proud of all my children today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

Omackeral wrote: »
    Oh sorry I just made him up and killed him off to see what would happen in the following posts. Wanted to see if a fight would break out or if anyone would make a show of themselves but you all passed. I'm proud of all my children today.

That's really sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

:(

rip angle he's in hevn now lukin down on us so sad xxxxxxxc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

RIP Omackeral

He had a decent innings.

You really are a redgren grumbholdt.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Yamanoto wrote: »
    RONNIE PICKERING!!

Me!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,647 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

shutup wrote: »

Take that up with the op!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,462 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was floating an idea over in feedback lat year about the amount of sh threads in AH from new accounts and said maybe lock it till 500 posts etc.
    Now I see the op has over 20,000 posts. Anyone that posts a dumb thread should just be banned is my new idea. AH is rapidly going down the shítter when it used to be one of the best forums on the site.

Blazer wrote: »
    I was floating an idea over in feedback lat year about the amount of sh threads in AH from new accounts and said maybe lock it till 500 posts etc.
    Now I see the op has over 20,000 posts. Anyone that posts a dumb thread should just be banned is my new idea. AH is rapidly going down the shítter when it used to be one of the best forums on the site.

I agree this thread was a boo-boo, but how would we judge objectively which threads are ‘dumb’?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

kneemos wrote: »
    A goer was she?

Ah, I think you misunderstand, she lived to the ripe old age of 92, not "she managed to consume 92 G&T's".

Anyway, unlike my granny, it seems the bould Willy is just a figment of omackerel's imagination.

Thank God, as I was beginning to doubt my own stupendous Googling abilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

William Mark Kennedy has died at the age of 86. Definitely one of the more under appreciated pioneers in his field but an important one nonetheless. Not bad innings either. RIP.

I heard it on the news earlier, sad to hear but at the same time he lived a good life. I'll be the first to admit I wasn't a massive fan of his work, but there's no denying his importance to where we are now as a nation.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

But why?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,462 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I agree this thread was a boo-boo, but how would we judge objectively which threads are ‘dumb’?

A poll :)
    We'll have to very specific though, unlike the Brits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,050 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I heard it on the news earlier, sad to hear but at the same time he lived a good life. I'll be the first to admit I wasn't a massive fan of his work, but there's no denying his importance to where we are now as a nation.

Ar dheis Dé do raibh a anam.

'go raibh'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

'go raibh'

Thank you kind sir, corrected now. The shock of the news has me all over the place, may he rest in peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,402 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Blazer wrote: »

It was never any good.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57811806

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

"**** biscuits,

Cunnt slippers,

Turd munglers"

Excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

2t93lk.jpg

Advertisement