Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunglasses Scratch Repair

• 27-01-2019 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Can anyone advise if it's possible to get a pair of scratched lenses on an expensive pair of sunglasses repaired?

Thanks folks!
    METY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I had a similar issue with a scratch on a pair of normal glasses; unless the lens has a protective layer there's not much can be done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Impossible to get them repaired.

I have only ever had joy getting a pair of ray bans repaired as they where aviators and the lens are a standard size.

Try the sunglasses shop on Wicklow street that’s who swapped out lenses for me.

But if yours are a unusual shape colour etc not a hope I’m afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Impossible to get them repaired.

I have only ever had joy getting a pair of ray bans repaired as they where aviators and the lens are a standard size.

Try the sunglasses shop on Wicklow street that’s who swapped out lenses for me.

But if yours are a unusual shape colour etc not a hope I’m afraid.

Cheers. I was actually in there yesterday and they said they'd be able to replace the lenses for €95. They were selling same pair online for €162 so I went and bought them last night.

Advertisement