Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2019

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Aviationman

also the first training group was the beggining of march but usually they first few groups are people who have flying experience with other airlines but the training has commenced yes

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

also the first training group was the beggining of march but usually they first few groups are people who have flying experience with other airlines but the training has commenced yes

Well I suppose it’s some consolation to you as you were offered Cork, thanks for the info you’re very good to share it. I think they seem to be saying different things to different people which is not good ..... it’s all a lottery and I’m glad that people with flying experience have already been training. It doesn’t make sense to me about being on a panel for 6 months ... like when does the 6 months begin etc .... from the date of interviews ? It’s been an extremely painful process ... and one that just to me is extremely shoddy . I hope you will get offered something at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Aviationman

the only people on the panel are those who were offered a place on the two training courses that have been cancelled. I received a letter explaining why the corse had been cancelled and to say i was on a panel startting 6 months from when the letter is dated. i’m presuming they haven’t told you anything because they don’t want to put their eggs into one basket incase they end up needing people. but as for us we were offered a position and had started the process that’s why they have been communicating with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

I assume I didn't make the cut, when I rang this week I was told its stalled , for now .

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Hi all, called this morning and told recruitment had stalled, then received a call back later in the afternoon and was told I was placed on a panel for 6 months!?! But nothing about Cork was mentioned to me.

Mixed emotions about it really, can only hope that recruitment unfreezes till then!

Did u give your name when u called , I didn’t , just out of interest , ie did it prompt them to check your position etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Maybefkyer

Hi all I'm just off the phone from aerlingus recruitment and the lady told me the process is still on going!!
    So I said so I could still be in with a chance and she said yes !
    So I'm going to hang in there and hope for the best !

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

Maybefkyer wrote: »
    Hi all I'm just off the phone from aerlingus recruitment and the lady told me the process is still on going!!
    So I said so I could still be in with a chance and she said yes !
    So I'm going to hang in there and hope for the best !

I’ve just been in contact with Aer Lingus. I was told yet again that the process was still ongoing. I was told they are trying to organise training dates, classes, trainers etc. I was told to wait until May and if I heard nothing contact them again... do I just put my life on hold??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flyflyfast

Does anyone know for future reference what the medical entails? Like is it a standard drug test ,vision and heart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Maybefkyer

Hi all just got an email saying I was unsuccessful!!!
    Best of luck to you all !!!
    Maybe our paths will cross again !!

I got one too:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bunty90

Got it too 😔 I wonder was anyone successful?

Me too, same happened two years ago, long wait for a no, nit inclined to try again , I'm 55 that's it for me , oh well best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 44 carrie b

Hi All

I got one too, I will never apply again. They were so unprofessional with their response keeping people waiting this long.
    Emirates cabin crew recruitment is coming up soon I believe, my niece works for them and their recruitment process is far more superior than AL. They should take a few notes from their book!!!
    Best of luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LauralB

I got one too! From a No reply email! It’s shocking !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Janie30

I got a UM aswel. I thought the interview went really good so I don't be understand it at all..I had the experience, I worked for Emirates for 4 years. I think they didn't need as many crew afterall

Janie30 wrote: »
    I got a UM aswel. I thought the interview went really good so I don't be understand it at all..I had the experience, I worked for Emirates for 4 years. I think they didn't need as many crew afterall

I think everyone who did the interview got a refusal email expect those who start training on May 14th. May is the latest date for their training and after the delay of the new aircrafts it lead to us all getting refused. The aircrafts that Aer Lingus were supposed to receive were given to Iberia instead by IAG.
    So bad from such a big airline who left us waiting for almost three months to find out that we were unsuccessful. The least they could’ve done was put us on a panel as a result of a fault on their behalf and not ours.

popers98 wrote: »
    I think everyone who did the interview got a refusal email expect those who start training on May 14th. May is the latest date for their training and after the delay of the new aircrafts it lead to us all getting refused. The aircrafts that Aer Lingus were supposed to receive were given to Iberia instead by IAG.
    So bad from such a big airline who left us waiting for almost three months to find out that we were unsuccessful. The least they could’ve done was put us on a panel as a result of a fault on their behalf and not ours.

I said to them I couldn't start till May.. because I just relocated from Dubai resigned from Emirates. Yess 3 months isn't good very long to receive a UM..my friend who didn't actually attend the interview in the end also received one strange. I do think it's to do with the delay of aircrafts and different things

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Janie30 wrote: »
    I said to them I couldn't start till May.. because I just relocated from Dubai resigned from Emirates. Yess 3 months isn't good very long to receive a UM..my friend who didn't actually attend the interview in the end also received one strange. I do think it's to do with the delay of aircrafts and different things
    I think you’re right, don’t lose hope, check out other carriers in Dublin and they will be recruiting again when they start getting their aircraft delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Just to be clear delays are due to the A321 deliveries

The EI order for A359's has been reassigned for years at this stage.

The 4 A330's received in 2017/8 were assigned to Iberia originally

• Advertisement

Yess let's just stay positive I'm trying to becoz literally for now I'd no other plan B. That's a shame with all the delays but who knows hopefully they open it again in November

Also with the whole brexit thing we don't know how that affected aviation for now

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DipDab93

carrie b wrote: »
    Hi All

I got one too, I will never apply again. They were so unprofessional with their response keeping people waiting this long.
    Emirates cabin crew recruitment is coming up soon I believe, my niece works for them and their recruitment process is far more superior than AL. They should take a few notes from their book!!!
    Best of luck all

I went to an emirates recruitment day not too long ago and to be honest I wouldnt go again!
    I feel the open day was purely just based on a certain look and because of that,
    if unsuccessful some people take it as more of a personal slap in the face compared to other interviews where you're based on personality as well as competency etc.

Advertisement