Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPH CONTROLS (cork)

Options
  • 23-10-2018 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Got new EPH controls fitted to a new Viessmann boiler at considerable cost last week. One rad initially was cold in hall where stat is , seems to have fixed itself ... week in , the device that controls the heat beside the tank in hot press will not switch electronically therefore have no heat.
    Was on to EPH , these things happen !! Will send replacement ...
    does any plumbers here use these EPH controls?
    Are they reliable ? Are they new to market ? Have they been tried and tested ? Or they a gimmick !?

Thks
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

EPH are good and have been around for a long time.
    What does your installer / electrician say?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

what was install cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Have mine 2 years and apart from server being down twice never had a days bother and find it great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

They've been working fine for me too.

You'd want to make sure they're installed correctly. If the room stats are placed in the wrong location eg over a radiator or in a cross draft or in direct sunlight, any system is rendered useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Always use them. Never an issue. The main opposition is hortsman and I honestly can’t stand their stuff. If you’ve a problem with EPH then you ring them in cork. It gets sorted. They’re more than helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I have EPH valves and controller, stats all working great. My plumber is very experienced and uses very reliable ecuipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

As far as I am aware, their products are made (under their brand own brand) by SAUTER Controls GmbH of Switzerland.
    They're excellent quality.

Advertisement