Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Year Ahead Forecasting

Options
  • 04-10-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

A company called Weather Trends http://www.weathertrends360.com/ claim to be able to forecast the weather (temp) to a high degree degree of accuracy (>84% for Ireland) and claim that forecasting rain a year ahead is 'more difficult' but still claim a >70% rate of accuracy.

Anybody heard of this company? Are they reputable?

They claim their methods are different to the usual GFS/ECMWF type models and specialize in year ahead forecasts aimed at businesses but at time the same time time claim ">1 degree" improvement over the UK Met Office for > 4 day time horizon.

I'm cynial to say the least but interested to hear views of more experienced weather people ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭Speak Now

30 day forecast for Dublin

hmmmm

http://www.weathertrends360.com/Graph/30day/ST1459

No air frost for next 30 days then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Yikes i went out to the end of next August.

rarely hits 20/21 degrees next summer and rarely hits 0c the long winter nights :pac:

That's it i'm gone for the next 11 months :mad:

Boring Boring Boring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

if you forecast 13 to 14c and showery for Sligo for the next 12 months that is near 84% accurate!

barring a major Winter freeze or Summer heatwave it is the case and even heatwaves in Sligo only last 3 or 4 days at best.

Jeez its windy out there now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I went as far as 24th August, really depressing... They grade everything in "Mid", "High", or "Low", so it gives them a pretty big bracket : "Mid 00s degrees celsius", "Mid 10s degrees C", "Low 00s", "Mid 00s", ....well obviously :rolleyes:
    Booring allright.

Advertisement