Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help with an address in Sandymount?

Options
  • 01-04-2010 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am trying to locate an address from my father's birth certificate (William Thomas Clark) in 1924 showing 4 St Clare's Park, Sandymount.

I recently visited Dublin looking at all various archives including Thoms street directories and old maps and records. I also had a walk around Sandymount without any results. This has led me to believe that St Clare's was a name of an old street or row of cottages for example?

During my research I have also found family members (Killeen) at 4 Seafort Gardens, Sandymount from the Electoral register for that district 1939/40 As this is the same house number I was wondering if the street or row of houses were renamed and Seafort Gardens was once St Clares Park

Any help or advise would be much appreciated

Nick Clark
    nickclark1961@googlemail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

couldn't resist saying hi (again) !

I did a comparison of the 1939 electoral register vs earlier and later editions of Thom's but using the surnames listed have been unable to tie the section of Seafort Gardens, including no 4, with any other address. The road it was on (Seafrort Ave West) seems to have changed later to two different names - Drumard Ave on one side and Drumard Terrace on the other

Shane(w147)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nickjamesclark

* Thanks for your help Shane

I'm trying all the Irish Genealogical forums and boards I can find in the hope that something may turn up?!

I suppose it could still be possible that the area around Seafort Gardens may have once included St Clare's Park given that it went through several changes etc?

Regards

Nick

Advertisement