Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Medical Records?

Options
  • 02-03-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

Bit of a strange one here - without going into too much detail, my family are interested in seeing if we can locate my great-grandmothers medical records from around the late 1920s, early 1930s Dublin - is there anyway of doing this or is it a pointless search?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I looked into my own great-grandmother's records because I knew she'd been in Grangegorman in the 1930s. They didn't have any records that were that old. Before I found her in Grangegorman, I contacted some other mental institutions in Dublin. Some had records, all asked me what relation but in every case, they didn't have records that old.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Even if they have records, there may be issues with releasing them within 100 years.

I know that Limerick Corporation have access to the records of the old Bedford Row Nursing Home and I think it will be 1926 before the early records are released.

Advertisement