Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best SPF Face

Options
  • 20-02-2019 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Would anyone have any recommendations for the best SPF for face, maybe one without the usual sun cream scent. I find some also leave my face feeling very oily and leave my pores feeling clogged.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Last summer I tried - by Uriage: BARIÉSUN Fragrance-Free Cream SPF50+

Very happy with it and plan to re-purchase for this coming summer, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BettyBoo74

otnomart wrote: »
    Last summer I tried - by Uriage: BARIÉSUN Fragrance-Free Cream SPF50+

Very happy with it and plan to re-purchase for this coming summer, too.

Thank you. Do you buy this online or is it available in a shop here? I’d love a day to day one too, not just for sunny days. I’m at that age now where I should have started worrying about these things a few years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

BettyBoo74 wrote: »
    Thank you. Do you buy this online or is it available in a shop here?
    I am not in Ireland, I believe the Uriage brand is available there too (it is a pharmacy brand as Avene and LRP)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

Are you on a budget? If not, Image skincare do a really nice SPF 32, it smells lovely and is great for oily skin without drying you out. I think it costs around 30 euro.

The body shop also do a vitamin C face spf moisturizer that's good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

+1 for Image. Not only is it an SPF but has all the benefits of their skincare moisturiser too.

• Advertisement

Thank you both .. yes not really on a budget and if the Image one last one or two months it would be fine.

I’ll try it I think and come back! Could have used it today, such good weather.

Oh the Image SPF 32 seems to be €45 most places.

Would you know anywhere to get it a little less?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

BettyBoo74 wrote: »
    Oh the Image SPF 32 seems to be €45 most places.

Would you know anywhere to get it a little less?

I got it for 30 something but now that I think about it they had a 20% discount on at the time. I have it about a month and still have loads left, a little goes along way.

Moo goo is another really good brand, they do an spf 30 for under 20 euro, most independent pharmacies sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

+1 for Image SPF 32 matte.

Millies.ie sell Image stuff to give you an idea of prices. Lots of salons sell it though, and there are special offers semi regularly so its worth keeping an eye on social media to see when Image are running a discount on a particular product.

I've been using SPF moisturisers for about 5 years now, every day not just on sunny days or on holiday. Image is by far the best IMO. I get 3/4 months from a bottle as you don't need a huge amount. I wouldn't be without it personally. I wear make up to work during the week and find speficially the SPF 32 matte is very good under foundation. I've used others in the range, they're all very good, but for me that one seems to work very well on my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Kiehls SPF50 would be my recommendation.

Vichy Dry Touch is also good and reasonably priced

• Advertisement

I've had mine at least 6 months! A little goes a long way with Image products I find. I got mine in Millies, found it the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

GaGa21 wrote: »
    I've had mine at least 6 months! A little goes a long way with Image products I find. I got mine in Millie, found it the cheapest.

Yeah to be fair, I said 3/4 months as a conservative estimate. In reality I probably get through just over 2 tubes per year, so maybe 5 months per tube in my case.

I also buy the pre christmas gift sets and stock up so I'm getting the products at the best prices. I use Millies.ie too, because they had the gift sets plus extra 15-20% off the week of black friday. I spent a bomb relativly speaking but thats me pretty much done on skincare for the year. I've a newly opened Image SPF and 2 more in reserve, so I'll easily last until next years christmas sets.

SozBbz wrote:
    I also buy the pre christmas gift sets and stock up so I'm getting the products at the best prices. I use Millies.ie too, because they had the gift sets plus extra 15-20% off the week of black friday. I spent a bomb relativly speaking but thats me pretty much done on skincare for the year. I've a newly opened Image SPF and 2 more in reserve, so I'll easily last until next years christmas sets.

Haha, that's what I do too! The box sets are a bargain in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

I have used this SPF on my face - very light texture - https://www.altruistsun.com/

I bought 2 x 100ml from Amazon but don't see this option on there now, I have used on Face and also on body while on hols - not expensive at all and dermatologist developed

Advertisement