Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just started this today but when I go to examine items it brings up my inventory when I press X?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Just started this today but when I go to examine items it brings up my inventory when I press X?

Some items have special properties where you need to examine them to push a button, or open a box etc. Rotate the item and an X prompt should appear when you've found something. If you press X on a normal item or without the X prompt, it'll just return you to the inventory I think.

Got the no item box trophy on Claire A. Also got an S in 2.10. 10 minutes quicker than my Hardcore run when I was absolutely gunning it. This run had a lot more backtracking but also much less inventory management and collecting. Wasn't overly difficult, but some areas was a pain alright.

Now just have to figure out what files I'm missing. I think it's just the notes from Claire on Leon B's run left. Hope so anyway, otherwise I may not have much of an idea which ones I need to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Managed to do most of a Claire run exploiting both OOB glitches. Got to the orphanage on around 15:20. Didn't get to the lab till 43:14 after one death and returning me back to the save before the first glitch, so had to do it again... >_<

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

How hard is Hardcore difficulty? Worth a go?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

How hard is Hardcore difficulty? Worth a go?

Just to play through or going for the S+?

Just playing Hardcore, it's honestly not that much more difficult than standard. The main things are fewer pouch upgrades and you'll be better off shooting zombies in the leg and running past them where possible (more chance of stunning them, headshots don't stun them as often on hardcore). Deleg them and finish them with a knife in busy areas (library, some sewer areas etc). Other than that, it's really not that different. You need ink ribbons to save but they're always found near typewriters anyway and can be banked for later.

If you're going for the S+, it can be a bit trickier, and your best bet is following a guide which outlines what to take in your inventory to prevent backtracking or discarding items.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

In general but I suppose if I wanted to do a speedrun, I'd do it on hardcore.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DarioFER

it did not dissapoint :D

In general but I suppose if I wanted to do a speedrun, I'd do it on hardcore.

There's definitely benefits to speedrunning on Hardcore for the S+. Less backtracking as you're more focused in terms of where you have to go and what to do. Less scrounging for ammo as you're more likely to just stun & run through most sections. If you're only saving three times it can lead to having to redo some sections if you do die, but chances are you'd only lose 20minutes or such. I had been planning on doing a normal Hardcore run just to get used to it before going for the Hardcore S+, but Ropedrink advised me to just go for it. Have to say they were right.

Got the files trophy. Was preparing for a long speed run of Leon B with the minigun to get all the files from it. Got the trophy within 5 minutes after getting to the Stars office. All that's left now for the platinum is 4th Survivor. Gave it two goes there and didn't go well. Might leave it til the weekend. Do a bit of research on it and go in with a plan.

• Advertisement

Gave 4th survivor a few goes there. Got it on the 3rd try, with a lot of luck (both good and bad), so got the platinum.

That's me probably done with the game for a wee while now. I did play the Ghost Survivors, but not really interested in it too much. I prefer the main game. Loved the game overall. Genuinely can't think of any real complaint I'd have with it. Recaptured so much of the original while modernising it brilliantly. The first Resident Evil I truly enjoyed since... Resident Evil 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mj2017

Penn wrote: »
    Gave 4th survivor a few goes there. Got it on the 3rd try, with a lot of luck (both good and bad), so got the platinum.

That's me probably done with the game for a wee while now. I did play the Ghost Survivors, but not really interested in it too much. I prefer the main game. Loved the game overall. Genuinely can't think of any real complaint I'd have with it. Recaptured so much of the original while modernising it brilliantly. The first Resident Evil I truly enjoyed since... Resident Evil 2...

Yes, remaking RE2 is quite impressive. Love so much every detail of the game. Don't you want to get other trophies in Ghost Survivor like the Mr. Raccoon trophy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Platinum is a fair achievement, give the chap a break. I know some people are hell bent on 100%ing games and that's fine. As far as I'm concerned when you're on the PS, the plat is the pinnacle. Anything more is therapy territory :)

mj2017 wrote: »
    Yes, remaking RE2 is quite impressive. Love so much every detail of the game. Don't you want to get other trophies in Ghost Survivor like the Mr. Raccoon trophy?

Maybe if I revisit the game further down the line, that might be something I go for. I enjoy the 4th/Ghost Survivor modes, but the only reason I went for the platinum was because I was enjoying playing/replaying the main story game so much. These modes however, it seems like you'll just be in a loop of the same short path, same enemies, same locations, same ammo/health just repeatedly until you have it down. The main game was starting to feel a bit repetitive given how many times I had to play through it. I imagine those modes would be far worse.

The other modes are fun enough, but given how much time I did spend going for the platinum, I think I'm pretty much done with the game for a while. The platinum gave me a good solid finish line to cross. Going for the DLC trophies would feel like doing a lap of honour. I'd rather just lie on the ground :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Got the no herb/1st aid spray trophy last night with Claire.

Alos managed to get up to 13 of 15 of the Mr Racoons, I think the only ones I'm missing now are two Leon/Adas story.

If not, I'll drive myself mad looking for them. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

15's not too bad. I always remember the horror of picking up the final drugs package in GTA III to leave me on 99/100

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Got the no herb/1st aid spray trophy last night with Claire.

Alos managed to get up to 13 of 15 of the Mr Racoons, I think the only ones I'm missing now are two Leon/Adas story.

If not, I'll drive myself mad looking for them. :o

Don't do it to yourself.

Here is the guide I'm using. I've to grab two more myself.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/15/resident-evil-2-remake-mr-raccoon-locations/

Don't do it to yourself.

At least when you revisit areas, you can see whether you got that one or not. The files are a killer because there's no real way of checking which ones you do or don't have. I had to reload saves from previous playthroughs, check off which ones I had from there, and even then I wasn't completely sure.

Don't do it to yourself.

Ya, I used that, I cleared out 4 general Mr Racoons and 1 specific to Claire in the orphange i would have never got and I'm now up to 13/15.

Looking at the list, I'd bet I'm missing the one right after the croc and during Adas run in the boiler room.

Might do a Leon Speed Run to get those two this afternoon, infinite knife would be very handy.

At least when you revisit areas, you can see whether you got that one or not. The files are a killer because there's no real way of checking which ones you do or don't have. I had to reload saves from previous playthroughs, check off which ones I had from there, and even then I wasn't completely sure.

I think I've 53 out of the 58 files and I'm pretty stumped at what I missed too.

• Advertisement

Ya, I used that, I cleared out 4 general Mr Racoons and 1 specific to Claire in the orphange i would have never got and I'm now up to 13/15.

Looking at the list, I'd bet I'm missing the one right after the croc and during Adas run in the boiler room.

Might do a Leon Speed Run to get those two this afternoon, infinite knife would be very handy.

I think there's one or two exclusive to the B scenario. One right at the very start anyway so very easy to pick up, then save and exit if you like.
    I think I've 53 out of the 58 files and I'm pretty stumped at what I missed too.

4 of the main ones I missed were in the B runs; Leon's notes to Claire in Stars office and beside Cable car, and Claire's same notes to Leon. I think because they're in the B runs they're easier to miss because it's mostly the same files everywhere else.

Only good thing is all the files in the game have different names (bar the Uses of Gunpowder notes each get, which have the same name but are different notes because of the different ammo they make for each character), so if you have previous saves from other playthroughs, you can check which ones you have. Both characters also have one file in their inventory from the start which needs to be read. Also, one I've read a lot of people miss is the computer in the lab presentation room. Only can be read with the third ID bracelet, so most miss it because the first time you pass through there you can't access it.

I think there's one or two exclusive to the B scenario. One right at the very start anyway so very easy to pick up, then save and exit if you like.

I've got that one, using that technique. :pac:
    4 of the main ones I missed were in the B runs; Leon's notes to Claire in Stars office and beside Cable car, and Claire's same notes to Leon. I think because they're in the B runs they're easier to miss because it's mostly the same files everywhere else.

Only good thing is all the files in the game have different names (bar the Uses of Gunpowder notes each get, which have the same name but are different notes because of the different ammo they make for each character), so if you have previous saves from other playthroughs, you can check which ones you have. Both characters also have one file in their inventory from the start which needs to be read. Also, one I've read a lot of people miss is the computer in the lab presentation room. Only can be read with the third ID bracelet, so most miss it because the first time you pass through there you can't access it.

Ya, I think thats where most of them are, I ran through the B scenario with Leon and didnt pick up much of anything along the way. :o

I've yet to do Claire B so ill check her run.

Patch released as my Xbox one x just updated

Anyone know what it's about?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Probably just the usual polish, and patching glitches. With 1.03 they'd almost stopped the air walking glitches, making them much harder to carry out, and making the old sewer one impossible, but the room with the king/queen pieces and the weapon was found to still be glitchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Is it true Leon can't enter the records room ? I heard only Claire can get the required key

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Is it true Leon can't enter the records room ? I heard only Claire can get the required key
    He can, you need the club key. Claire can get in from the other entrance with the heart key. You need to go in there to progress.

They can both enter it as there's an item in it they'll both need, but they unlock different doors to get into it. Leon uses the club key to enter from the West hallway. Claire uses the Heart key to enter from the room between the Records room and Operations room.

Claire has an easier time to get in to that room.

Leon, you're stuck going the long way around with Mr X on your tail and a hallway full of zombies and the odd licker.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

stuck in an area late in the game. Dropped into a kitchen from an overhead shaft but there's no way back up . Out side the kitchen there's an access denied door to the left to the right is a room with a panel with the words MUF

• Advertisement

stuck in an area late in the game. Dropped into a kitchen from an overhead shaft but there's no way back up . Out side the kitchen there's an access denied door to the left to the right is a room with a panel with the words MUF
    In the room with the panel, there's an arm sticking out of one of the pods on the side wall. You get an ID chip from it (which opens Level II doors). Combine it with the ID bracelet you got from Ada/Sherry (which already has a Level I chip in it) and it'll allow you to open the door back into the hallway and other Level II doors. Later you'll get a Level III chip which will open more doors too.
    The panel with MUF on it, later you'll pick up an item that allows you to interact with those panels (there are similar panels elsewhere in the lab). If you return here later with that item and use it, it'll open the pods and there'll be some items you might want that could come in handy.

Advertisement