Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steel shed concrete base: looking for the easiest way

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I can't get over the ridiculous precision of that slab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Lumen wrote: »
    I can't get over the ridiculous precision of that slab.

Yeah but you'd agonize over it and spend a month researching it online before doing it just as precise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Seems almost a shame to cover the slab with OSB board, instead of spit and polish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

http://www.gleesonsteel.ie/Stores/Steel/Chequer-Plate
    these guys are up the road in Thurles so I will have a chat with them about a pice of chequer plate
    Shed in 1.9m wide and 2.96 long

will be having 600mm wide shelving on the left side so a 2.5m by 1.25m 1.5mm would do grand.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Why is the 1200 gauge polythene running out under the shed should it not of been turned up the walls and back around the floor batten at the door surely there'll be issues in the future with water seeping in between the Osb and polythene.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=473437&d=1550489508

Why is the 1200 gauge polythene running out under the shed should it not of been turned up the walls and back around the floor batten at the door surely there'll be issues in the future with water seeping in between the Osb and polythene.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=473437&d=1550489508

Fair question: already answered I think further up
    1. OSB is onto of 35mm pressure treated battens as per picture
    2. there is a ventilation gap around between the battens and the shed side
    3. I sealed the shed base to the plastic with Tec 7 by loosening the rag bolts and lifting shed a tad and then dropping it down.
    4. The level base made it very easy to seal, I will trip the plastic on the outside later.
    5. Easier to do it this way rather than having the plastic, which is radon barrier, up inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭G-Man

For next slab builder, I saw a good one, where the main slab is on a plinth itself, which is about 40mm lower.. Shed sides sit down lower than slab ontoplinth.. Hence no rain run off from shed can ever run on into slab floor inside.

You would want to know your shed dimensions and squareness exactly.

G-Man wrote: »
    For next slab builder, I saw a good one, where the main slab is on a plinth itself, which is about 40mm lower.. Shed sides sit down lower than slab ontoplinth.. Hence no rain run off from shed can ever run on into slab floor inside.

You would want to know your shed dimensions and squareness exactly.

I agree, its also two pours, and the second could be on the radon barrier.
    I did try and get the exact internal dims from them but they declined, would only give the slab size

:)

40mm and 50mm wavin waste, they come in 4m lengths so I got four from each length.

will be putting heavier stuff, such as crowbar and sledge, down one side

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Took me a second or two to work out that was the roof - first thought was funny I didn't think he got a hexagonal shed :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

my3cents wrote: »
    Took me a second or two to work out that was the roof - first thought was funny I didn't think he got a hexagonal shed :o

The crafty bugger! Only copped that with your comment!

Who would have known it, using “loft” space in a garden shed.

galvanised channel in rapid hardening cement: steel FOC, cement 16 euro
    3" 1.8 m pencil posts: 12 euro
    2 by 1 " battens: c 10 euro
    trellis: 80 euro ( woodies on sunday :o )
    Sleeper 20 euro
    screws and coach bolts c 10 euro
    has been planted since, will post when in full bloom

Need to touch up the cut end with some brown stuff :)

SWMBO v happy

Advertisement