Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

No other morning departures are showing LR, interesting CDG has been chosen. Taking aim at the current mix and match mess from Air France?

Curious AMS, FRA and LHR left out

€74.99 extra for premier seat (back to the old naming?) or book a flex fare and get it included, the flex fare actually starts to look like value

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Kcormahs

No other morning departures are showing LR, interesting CDG has been chosen. Taking aim at the current mix and match mess from Air France?

€74.99 extra for premier seat (back to the old naming?) or book a flex fare and get it included, the flex fare actually starts to look like value

Weird enough the system only lets me book the left side of the J class. Perhaps they are blocking the right side for people who book a connection to North America in business class

Also BDL MSP etc still showing up as b757 for those dates so I believe they simply haven’t finished all the changes. Maybe those european cities will see an a321lr soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Kcormahs wrote: »
    Weird enough the system only lets me book the left side of the J class. Perhaps they are blocking the right side for people who book a connection to North America in business class

Also BDL MSP etc still showing up as b757 for those dates so I believe they simply haven’t finished all the changes. Maybe those european cities will see an a321lr soon too.

It's only January - of course they haven't finished next winter's schedule yet. They never do until mid-summer at the earliest.

Frankly there's probably still going to be changes to the summer schedule yet let alone the winter one.

You're going way too far ahead in terms of thinking things are finished, and to be honest you keep posting these kind of statements about future schedules months in advance of the airline schedules being remotely close to being finalised.

As I posted before, airlines simply roll their schedules forward with last years' schedules (to provide some outline schedules) initially and then make firm changes later. They may be testing the water out by putting the A321LR on the booking engine to/from Paris for now.

But I certainly wouldn't be taking anything in the schedules for next winter as being decided for several months yet - as in June/July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

It's being listed as a Premium seat, not Premier. Same as the A330 on the Malaga route in summer. This is likely to change as the overall product is intended to be different, closer to a true business class rather than just the seat. 

As we're looking almost a year in advance it goes without saying that this is far from the finalised plan. It appears Aer Lingus are just testing the waters and updating the system as plans progress, there's no suggestion LHR, AMS or FRA will be "left out" but it is worth noting that Paris was always an early contender for the A321LR, particularly with the launch of Montreal. 

Aer Lingus is currently finalising the product offering for the short haul A321LR business cabin, they've already suggested it will be more than just a seat upgrade but won't go as far as bespoke catering so expect extras like lounge access, priority boarding, free wifi, extra Avios and a complimentary snack from the Bia menu etc. bundled into a new business fare class. Those travelling on a connecting ticket in business class will obviously already have all this included.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

MJohnston wrote: »
    Just capture some frames from your video! Windows 10 has the ability to do that with certain formats built in.

Oh aye. The quality at that hour would have been bad enough on still, it was rotten on camera.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

LXFlyer wrote: »
    It's only January - of course they haven't finished next winter's schedule yet. They never do until mid-summer at the earliest.

Frankly there's probably still going to be changes to the summer schedule yet let alone the winter one.

You're going way too far ahead in terms of thinking things are finished.................
    100%. The winter schedule may be getting looked at but anything done to it isnt going to be confirmed for another few months. Any changes in place now are liable to change multiple times. EI obviously are targeting certain shorthaul routes for the LR, but until they get their 3 new airframes in operation and are happy with the set-up they wont know how they will deploy them over the winter.
    Im sure that they have a list of 5-8 destination that are going to get an LR at some point, based on transfer numbers to/from the T/A operation.
    They are expected to have 8 in service by summer 2020, with 6 more by 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭sherology

Are the aircraft going on not Dubliners, Shannon, Bordeaux, and Dubai for their annual maintenance checks getting repainted in the new livery, or this another workpackage?

Curious on the rate of progress... Assuming winter is the most likely time for this to get done.

Probably related to fitting in painting when able. IT article on the rebrand said it would take 24 months to paint whole fleet.
    I guess c checks are done in certsin locations. Adding repaint may not be possible if these facilties are fully booked or dont carry out paint jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

IAC (DUB &SNN) have the contract to paint the Fleet. A330s and some a320s will be painted in DUB and the other A320s in Shannon. Won’t be many AC getting painted in DUB over the next few weeks as BA will be sending in 747s to get painted into retro CS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭john boye

Is there any rush to get either the SH or LH fleet done first? Given that we're already in February and that it takes longer to paint an A330 than an A320 I'm guessing there won't be many A330s painted by the time the summer season starts?

• Advertisement

Not sure if it’s posted already. Tweet posted on facebook earlier:
    Hartford to be operated by A321LR from July 1st.

Last time I checked it looks like four aircraft are in the new livery;

EI-CVA - Currently in Hanger 6, last flight over a week ago
    EI-DVL - Currently based in Cork 
    EI-DVN - Returned to Dublin about a week ago after painting in Shannon
    EI-EDY - Keeping busy across the Atlantic 

I think they'll make good progress with the Airbus fleet, it is only 50 aircraft after all but the Avro and ATR fleet might be a different story. It looks like the Avro's could be done before the summer schedule, the current temp job they're in was obviously in preparation for the rebrand and I think they'll look great in the new livery. The Stobart operated ATR's might stay as they are until there's more clarity on whether the contract with them will be renewed, they'll have to be repainted at some point anyway but it's likely they'll be some of the last to get the new livery. 

The A330s are being cycled through their winter maintenance schedule and appear to be taking it turns with not much down time in between so it could be a while before some of them get done. We're also waiting on EI-GEY to receive the standard business class cabin as its still flying around the with the very dated Qatar Airways product. 

I see the mood lighting is finding its way onto more aircraft, at least one the A321s has it now and looks quite good inside. It only ever seems to be ceiling lights though and not the side panels which is a shame, the ceiling glowing pink or blue is nice but the lower half of the cabin still in bright white looks a bit odd. Did they do not bother with side wall lights?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

I think they'll make good progress with the Airbus fleet, it is only 50 aircraft after all but the Avro and ATR fleet might be a different story. It looks like the Avro's could be done before the summer schedule, the current temp job they're in was obviously in preparation for the rebrand and I think they'll look great in the new livery. The Stobart operated ATR's might stay as they are until there's more clarity on whether the contract with them will be renewed, they'll have to be repainted at some point anyway but it's likely they'll be some of the last to get the new livery. 

The A330s are being cycled through their winter maintenance schedule and appear to be taking it turns with not much down time in between so it could be a while before some of them get done. We're also waiting on EI-GEY to receive the standard business class cabin as its still flying around the with the very dated Qatar Airways product. 

I see the mood lighting is finding its way onto more aircraft, at least one the A321s has it now and looks quite good inside. It only ever seems to be ceiling lights though and not the side panels which is a shame, the ceiling glowing pink or blue is nice but the lower half of the cabin still in bright white looks a bit odd. Did they do not bother with side wall lights?!
    I’ve definitely been on 320s with purple/blue side panel mood lighting

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Here's a Virgin America A320 (I believe) with side panel mood lighting:

https://theaircraftking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/img_03731.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭sherology

I was on an EI a321 a month ago where the ceiling lights were purple... But was a day flight so didn't have a huge effect. Side panel lights were turned off when ceiling lights altered to purple. White lights on return a321.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Here's a Virgin America A320 (I believe) with side panel mood lighting:

https://theaircraftking.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/img_03731.jpg

Funnily enough EI previously leased some of their 320s to Virgin little red, when they returned to service with EI they still had the purple Virgin mood lighting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Route News

Belfast City-London Heathrow grows from 21 weekly to 25 weekly (Up to 4 daily services) with reallocation of the mid LHR w pattern ex DUB. 5th weekly Cork-Alicante rotation added on the free Thursday slot I pointed out a while back in the then released schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Are there any new short haul routes from DUB this Summer? They seem to have gotten very quiet on the Euro front these past couple of years, surely it's in their interest to increase feed to the US routes..?

Are there any new short haul routes from DUB this Summer? They seem to have gotten very quiet on the Euro front these past couple of years, surely it's in their interest to increase feed to the US routes..?

The plan is to use the new 321neos to do extra Euro sectors in between transatlantics. Frequency increases will star from July, hopefully this will eventually free up regular 320s for maybe a new route

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Beltza

I see GCF returned the other day (after routine winter maintenance?). Did it get the new livery? Or would it be likely to be low on the repaint list since it is the newest of the 330s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Beltza wrote: »
    I see GCF returned the other day (after routine winter maintenance?). Did it get the new livery? Or would it be likely to be low on the repaint list since it is the newest of the 330s?

No it didnt,next up is ELA

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

Any idea why ei-rjh is currently flying over in Canada

Karl8415 wrote: »
    Any idea why ei-rjh is currently flying over in America
    Apparently going to new owner and being converted to a water bomber.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

Tenger wrote: »

Oh wow,thank u for that reply,does that affect the London city route in relation to frequency or are EI just going to rely on the other AVRO 85 to due the route

EI-ELA A330 next to be painted, going into hangar tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Tenger wrote: »

Buffalo Joe ? Might be a bit modern for him tho ;)

Bit of a waste slapping a shamrock on it only a few months ago

Karl8415 wrote: »
    Oh wow,thank u for that reply,does that affect the London city route in relation to frequency or are EI just going to rely on the other AVRO 85 to due the route
    No idea to be honest. Just happened to see the info on a facebook group.

RJH has been sold to ConAir of Canada to be converted into water bomber as stated above, RJN is in Norwich for part out and scrap. RJD received the new EI titles during the week. 2 RJs due to be painted in the full livery early March I’ve heard.

Looks like EI-RJD got the old titles and shamrock applied, which is fair enough as they probably the don't have temporary stickers available in the new branding yet. I think the Avro will look great in the new livery, possibly the best of the entire fleet due to the four green engines and the short fuselage + large tail area reducing the appearance of white. Only issue might be the tiny space for the titles above the window line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Looks like EI-RJD got the old titles and shamrock applied, which is fair enough as they probably the don't have temporary stickers available in the new branding yet. I think the Avro will look great in the new livery, possibly the best of the entire fleet due to the four green engines and the short fuselage + large tail area reducing the appearance of white. Only issue might be the tiny space for the titles above the window line.

Or they could get all sexy and put them below the window line:p

That would look gorgeous I think

The new livery has grown on me, I got some good photos of a few of the A320's the other day and I think it looks good on the shorter fuselage. Still think it can be better but at least its not a botch job (Looking at you LH)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement