Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil tank inside steel frame shed

Options
  • 20-02-2019 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm thinking of building a steel frame shed and having a new bunded oil tank installed inside it for security purposes, as a lot of oil is going missing where I live.
    The oil boiler is situated about 8 meters away from my house, and came fitted in it's own self contained insulated steel cabinet.

The proposed shed would be built beside the oil boiler, and would be on the far side of the boiler so the shed and tank would be further away from the house than the boiler.
    I know that I would have to keep a minimum distance of 1.8m between the tank and boiler, but can anyone see a problem in what I'm proposing to do in terms of regulations?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Given your moniker, maybe good ventilation in shed

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dathi

fireballs wrote: »
    I'm thinking of building a steel frame shed and having a new bunded oil tank installed inside it for security purposes, as a lot of oil is going missing where I live.
    The oil boiler is situated about 8 meters away from my house, and came fitted in it's own self contained insulated steel cabinet.

The proposed shed would be built beside the oil boiler, and would be on the far side of the boiler so the shed and tank would be further away from the house than the boiler.
    I know that I would have to keep a minimum distance of 1.8m between the tank and boiler, but can anyone see a problem in what I'm proposing to do in terms of regulations?
    Thanks

https://www.housing.gov.ie/sites/default/files/migrated-files/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/BuildingStandards/FileDownLoad%2C37240%2Cen.pdf

pages 47 and 48 of above needs to be contained within a fire rated chamber

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sheds tend to attract thieves. Steel sheds advertise that there's something worth stealing inside.

Maybe instead build a block wall around it and put a sheet metal cover on top. It ought to be much easier to secure that (and cheaper to repair) than a shed door.

Or just get an alarm. I have a Watchman, they do an "Anywhere" version with a SIM that allows remote monitoring.

https://www.acsenvironmental.ie/domestic-tank-monitoring-systems.html

Advertisement