Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lacy not frumpy

Options
  • 16-01-2019 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

Lace is not my usual choice but I was given a present of a lace dress and was thinking of wearing to a party next month. It's navy, straight, just above the knee and 3/4 length sleeves. Maybe it's an age thing but I think it can look frumpy on us middle aged oul wans. Any ideas on how to make it look a bit more edgy ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I think simplicity is your friend here. Its counter intuitive but adding a tonne of accessories would make it look more frumpy IMO.

I'd just go with simple nude shoes and a longline coat.

Theres nothing wrong with a classic look at any age. Maybe treat yourself to a blowdry or a make up session if you want to feel more special?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

SozBbz wrote: »
    I think simplicity is your friend here. Its counter intuitive but adding a tonne of accessories would make it look more frumpy IMO.

I'd just go with simple nude shoes and a longline coat.

Theres nothing wrong with a classic look at any age. Maybe treat yourself to a blowdry or a make up session if you want to feel more special?

That's EXACTLY what I was going to do :D I can see that the simple approach would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sounds really nice!
    Don't wear pearls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Sharp newly-cut hair and good shoes, and this will look as cool as ice-cream.

Blue lace is very chic if you wear it right, and very frumpy if you wear it wrong!

I second the previous posts, do not overdo it on jewellery: but just one strong silver avant-garde piece could look very well.

Advertisement