Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrington St Dublin baptism records (Catholic)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

what date and name are you looking for ?

There about 6 films of baptism registers covering from 1865 when the parish was established to about 1901

p.s. the film referenced in the FMP link is the index, there are 9 additional sections on the NLI website

The IrishGenealogy website source list states they have Harrington Street baptisms from 1865, but I only see baptisms on the site starting in June 1890, i.e. the last two sections

I picked a few of the earlier records in the 1860s from the NLI films and they show up ok on FMP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

shanew wrote: »
    what date and name are you looking for ?

There about 6 films of baptism registers covering from 1865 when the parish was established to about 1901

p.s. the film referenced in the FMP link is the index, there are 9 additional sections on the NLI website

I don't have dates, but names would be:

Arthur Cathcart - possible baptism & marriage there
    Maria Cathcart - baptism there

P.

I see 3 Cathcart (some mis-spelt) marriages Mary 1865, Teresa 1882 and Elizabeth 1882 and three baptisms Patrick 1869, Ambrose 1867 and Bridget 1886 in Harrington St. - Arthur is father of two of the children baptised.

I dont quite get the index system yet - the handwritten version looks different to the typed version - e.g. Arthur is Volume(?) 6, page 11 in the the first and in the typed version P. 58 ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Newstreet

There are baptisms and marriages for Harrington Street from 1865 to 1890 on Irishgenealogy, but they do not appear as Harrington Street on general searches for some reason, rather they appear as N/R.

By searching for a name under all Dublin RC churches, the N/R ones are Harrington Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kildarejohn

Newstreet wrote: »
    There are baptisms and marriages for Harrington Street from 1865 to 1890 on Irishgenealogy, but they do not appear as Harrington Street on general searches for some reason, rather they appear as N/R.

By searching for a name under all Dublin RC churches, the N/R ones are Harrington Street.

The above is not quite correct either, some of the Baptisms/Marriages on Irishgenealogy do in fact appear with the parish as "Harrington St", so I guess the best advice would be to try the search both with and without the "Location" field filled in.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Newstreet

The above is not quite correct either, some of the Baptisms/Marriages on Irishgenealogy do in fact appear with the parish as "Harrington St", so I guess the best advice would be to try the search both with and without the "Location" field filled in.
    Well that is true too, there are some listed as Harrington Street. Don't know why some are 'invisible' under N/R.

The Harrington Street parish was split from St.Nicholas of Myra in 1865, but they didn't have their own church until 1872. I don't know if that means they still used Francis Street, or whether they had some temporary accommodation elsewhere until St.Kevin's was built.

Advertisement