Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reach for the sky...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

sat 28th sept
    20k, 2 laps close to parents house, better half came with for first one, went grand..

5.6k run.. tired from the weekend, dark evenings closing in, more important to just get something done than worry about distance,. get a longer one done on wednesday

town / woods loop run.. thought it was 10k but going by time it was closer to 8 ish
    map my run says 8.5 ish , must get a gps.. hopefully with the new garmins out therel be a load of secondhand ones available soon

35k lsr.. 3.56.15.. minus 20 mins for slobbering, called into the house to change tops and put bin out.. 27 to 30 was tough .. got going again round 34

3.6k tester for sore foot tendons / ligaments.. not great.. into physio asap to see if anything can be done..bugger

• Advertisement

12k ish run.. tester after physio and rest to see what foot would react like, was bearable but nigly. had to mess around with laces a good bit and as the shoe isnt tied right its doesnt feel comfortable and is probably going to give me other niggles but i think its grand to run with.. it may be a pain in the arse for the 4+ hours but it wont stop me running

15th oct had a small window so got out for 4k just to see what foot was like and its marginally better

was meant to be doing 20k last weekend but im gonna leave it for this weekend and just do 2 1 hour runs today and tomorrow.. mainly down to lack of time

5.6k run 17th oct, short of time, tried using old runners and that sorted a lot of the foot discomfort ive been having lately, but do i want to run 44k in old runners that i had retired .

11k on saturday morning 20th oct, and now i have man flu !! :(

23rd oct 7k easy jog.. playing with new gps watch..lucky not to be run over a couple of times.. few niggles nothing major.. still deciding on old or new(er ) runners for monday

• Advertisement

25th 5k easy, felt good, nice and free and easy..

A disaster. Trying not to be annoyed about it as it won't improve the time. Way underestimated the marathon. 4.42 . I would've taken 4.30 but that's just ridiculous. Anyway shouldn't be hard to knock a chunk off that.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

woody1 wrote: »
    A disaster. Trying not to be annoyed about it as it won't improve the time. Way underestimated the marathon. 4.42 . I would've taken 4.30 but that's just ridiculous. Anyway shouldn't be hard to knock a chunk off that.

Not a disaster. A lesson in not quitting :) Well done on your first, hope its lit a fire in you to do more. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

+1 I'd imagine almost everyone who has done marathons puts their first down to a learning experience. Head up. Build your base fitness (heart rate <70% mhr volume training) and you will reap the rewards :). Well done finishing knowing your A goal was gone!

so DCM 2013 4.42
    i had no target , none at all, i had hope to jog around at my leisure in 4.20 to 4.30 not experience too much pain, not meet with the wall and generally take it handy..
    training went ok to a point, with some minor bother 3 weeks out with bridge of foot and bother with runners and then had a cold about 10 days before so last 3 weeks training wasnt ideal but i wasnt worried, the bulk of the mileage had been done.. ( so i thought )
    realistically i followed the plan i had to the point of using it to put the long runs in the right place and as a rough guide to what length of runs to be doing midweek but id say i cut about 20% of it as i ran 3-4 days rather than 5,
    so on the day.. i wore too much !! i always wear too much, in training, but i thought i had learned for races to wear the minimum, i guess the distance just messed with my head and i wasnt thinking right, i had an under armour base layer and tri shorts under running top and shorts, the base top went after 3k ( only took 2 minutes so im not bothered about time lost or anything ) and on i went, now ive had bother with tri shorts before , i dont know why but something about them gives me hip flexor trouble and sure enough at 10k my hip flexors were in bits, i was still clocking 9 min miles which is what i wanted to so i wasnt bothered, i was waiting for it to go away and be replaced by some other pain and that happened alright , but then they started to hurt again and hurt badly, slowing me to 10 +
    min miles round miles 13/14 ! so i decided to take off the tri shorts, i figured whatever time it cost would be made back with freedom of movement, but i didnt figure on standing at a portaloo for 10 minutes ! so it took about 15 minutes total for me to change and that can be seen in the splits from13 to 20miles where it takes me 1.16 to cover the 7 miles ! but it did actualy make a huge difference, i had no more hip flexor bother and was running freely ( ish ) again. i had some bother with right foot and knee at times but most people had something hurting them, between 20 and 22 miles i encountered the wall.. not a hugely painful crash, more a lethargy and unwillingness of the legs to do any more, i walked the "wall" hill ( roebuck i think ) jogged to the base of the flyover hill,walked that hill and then walked / jogged a little more up to about 22 miles ( id say total i walked 10 mins ish ) at 22 i figured it was as painful / tiring to walk as to run and if i didnt get moving id be on the course forever and i was conscious of people waiting for me , so i got into a bit of a shuffle and kept it going from there to the end, around the block from 25 to 26 seemed to go on forever.. but i got there.. my right hip is still sore, tender to touch even, but otherwise im not awfully stiff,
    conclusions.. 1. dont wear so much !! , 2. not enough miles and not enough effort ( i train on my own and fall into the do everything easy trap very often ) 3. be mentally stronger... 4. marathon is very tough, even when your actualy trying to take it easy.. 5. have a target . even a soft one, its too easy to wimp out when youve nothing to aim for

will i do another one..yeah sure but not for a while too much time required to train properly for it, but il still be tipping away at other stuff.. hopefully mondays experience will make them seem easier..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭griffin100

You're not the first and won't be the last person to underestimate the marathon. I certainly have in the past. At least you kept going and have a soft PB to chase :).

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Be proud of what you did, something most people never try. And everything that went wrong is a lesson learned. EVERYONE makes mistakes and has bad days but they are part of the toughening up process!

took the bike out for a short spin pre sea to summit, more to make sure there was nothing wrong with the bike than to see how i was.. bike is fine.. i am not.. cycle was ok-ish.. considering it was pan flat and there was feck all breeze.. cant ask for more since i havent been on it since swinford in july ..
    run after was tough.. heavy legs, heavy everything..

coached swim with tri club, 100, 200 and 400 time trials to establish where we are.. time ran out and didnt get to do the 400, found it tough going and predictably was last in the group, doesnt bother me, the point of being there is to get better technique and get faster

sea to summit.. no training as such, havent been on the reek all year, on bike once since june, running a fair bit obviously.. 2 weeks since marathon
    i enjoyed it.. same time as last year and if it hadnt been for knackering my hip on the way down the mountain id have been about 5-6 minutes faster easily.. but thats all part of the race i think.. enjoyed the 2 short cycles considering i hadnt been on the bike in 4 months, had nothing in the legs for the little hills though, marathon must have them shagged still.. good game of cat and mouse with a few of the cyclist where id blast by them on the tri bars and then theyd catch up on the hills.. and they all passed me as i shuffled up the last run ..
    anyway maybe its because it was such a change from the marathon but i really knocked a lot of craic out if it..
    hip is now ****ed..
    144th in 2.18..

• Advertisement

14th nov 13, coached swim, learning new drills , not the toughest session in the world, with the huge differences in abilities its difficult to look after everyone, but i think us slowcoaches are getting a raw deal, takes us longer to finish whatever were doing but before we finish the coach is talking to the others about whats next, leads to people not doing the full set, and finishing early so as to hear whats next, bit of a balls.. but only the second day yet so things will no doubt improve..

http://www.tri247.com/article_12185.htmlthought this was interesting, part re blood tests, iron etc, ive had a few blood tests this year trying to get to the bottom of something thats puzzling, rather than worrying,but definitely tied in with this years increased training , i know im nowhere near an elite athlete but youd wonder should your blood levels be higher if your doing more than the average person , all mine are dead on the normal range.. despite the fact that my doctor is quite sporty ( sub 3 marathon runner and triathlete ) he doesnt seem very filled in on this kind of thing..

also like the quote about grey training , not hard enough to change anything not easy enough for recovery... most of mine would fall into that description..

13 days since last update, 3 swims i think, 2 coached and 1 on my own, tried to get in a couple of times but pool either taken up with lessons and there was a gala on, as usual no prior notice of any of this stuff,
    seriously considering private pool membership even though its only 20m long not doing any running or cycling, because i wanted to chill for a while before starting again and because im waiting for some medical info before i get into the more strenuous stuff again,
    getting bored and grumpy though, mite chance a long easy cycle at the weekend

10th dec 13
    4 more swims, 2 coached, 2 not,

swimming, 19th dec..first time in 2 weeks cos of death in
    in laws family
    triathlon club, drills etc.. have prob gone backwards a bit
    but it was good all the same ..
    also had a camera and did stroke analysis which should
    be a good laugh, but will hopefully give me something
    solid to work on..

26th dec,
    new stephens day 5k in my parish..
    23.30 something, died a death, first 2k fine, last 3 at jogging pace.. havent ran in 2 months and i felt it ..

santa claus has been good.. new turbo trainer and riser block, cycling / triathlon jersey , and a few books, the mind gym, ranulph fiennes book and run less run faster..

just waiting for echo and all clear to get back to it properly again

4k run on sat the 11th..
    first day since the marathon that ive felt any pull to do anything at all..so i'l start back from here

got video analysis of my stroke in the email over the weekend and its pretty shocking, obviously i knew there were many things i was doing wrong or wasnt doing at all but i thought there were one or 2 things that i had right and didnt need to worry about.. anyway its good to know what to work on, which is basically everything !

there is another block of coached sessions with the tri club starting this week so il join in with that, debating getting one on one sessions as well, 2 reasons , 1 obviously i need them, 2 itl get me into the pool more often.. which i need too..

no great targets for this year yet, still a few health related things to be cleared up.. so im not making any big decisions on what i will or wont do until i get that sorted.. at the moment im just going to try to get back training at an easy level and then just keep things tipping over .. hopefully when i get going properly the plan is to try to do everything with a bit more of an eye on technique and effort rather than just junk, so im going to run to set times ie at a prescribed pace per km for x kms, swim doing technique drills rather than just bash up and down the pool and cycle using the heart rate monitor on the turbo and hopefully get in some long weekend spins which ive never really done.. ...
    idealy id like to get 5k closer to 20.30 something ( currently 21.30 ish )
    20k bike to low 39s or 38 something .
    swim.. hard to put a time on.. il be happy if my technique improves and itd be nice to swim 1500 comfortably ..

14th jan
    1 hour turbo.. on new tacx blumatic turbo.. getting a bit of wheel slippage.. otherwise all grand..hour passed quick enough

club swim coached session.. lots of kicking :( and backstroke :( got thru it.

got secondhand treadmill yesterday so hopefully that will get me running a bit more seeing as i have from 2 til 6 available every day..

16th jan .. club swimming session.. lots of kicking and going no-where , literally, and everyone else has fins ? and im getting in the way ( they are finishing the reps before im halfway started, will have to invest before the next session,
    had to do 100m in 4 mins or less 3 times,just made it, cant believe im that slow..

jan 19th 5k race..local school charity thing.. semi jogged around in 24 mins.

jan 20th..turbo..we now have 2 set up beside each other so me and the better half did one of the sufferfest videos, was good craic and good to have someone else there to keep the rhythm going

jan 21st club swim 1 1/2 hours, tough going

jan 22nd
    30 mins on treadmill, first go on new treadmill..

jan 23rd club swim, 1 1/4 hour ... not as bad as tuesday , helps that i have fins and pull bouy now

cant decide whether to go on treadmill today or not, tired today, it might be as good a day to chill out and do nothing as any

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭joey100

16th jan .. club swimming session.. lots of kicking and going no-where , literally, and everyone else has fins ? and im getting in the way ( they are finishing the reps before im halfway started, will have to invest before the next session,
    had to do 100m in 4 mins or less 3 times,just made it, cant believe im that slow..

Keep with the kicking, I try to do a bit of kicking in every swim session, started off nearly going backwards but kept with it and am comfortable enough with it now. With a bit of luck it will help improve your position in the water too.

25th jan turbo 1 hr
    27th jan turbo 1 hr
    28th jan club swim 1.15 ish
    29th jan turbo 1 hr ( very easy spin , testing saddle )
    30th jan club swim 1 ish ( short had to abandon )

actually meant to do more turbos this week as im testing out an adamo saddle, but a combination of sick kids and being kept up all night for most of the week and then catching the bug myself has meant ive only got one spin on it, hopefully short spin later.. actualy had to bail on the club swim last night before it was finished as i was overheating in the pool, took a break got back in, did another bit and was well and truly emptied at that stage so finished without doing the last 1000m,when i got out my face was the same shade of red as my swim hat, smallest one was sick at home last night so i presume i have the same bug, i have the workout and if i get lucky il get into a pool at the weekend and try to do it again

on the plus side i had the echo cardiogram this week and all is normal, getting on top of digestive probs as well by changing diet so all is looking good.. also i can see / feel an improvement in my swimming , definitely getting a feel for catching the water and trying to capitalise on this..

1st feb 35 min turbo ( long scream ) 10 min treadmill
    2nd feb 20k cycle outside !!
    3rd feb 20k cycle outside again
    4th feb club swim 1300 -- put chinup bar back up.. 20 chin ups & 20 press ups
    5th feb chinups and pressups again
    6th feb 50k cycle , club swim 1800
    was heading for the windy gap ( a decent hill ) on the bike but didnt leave myself enough time to get back in daylight so ended up turning around after 25k.. looked at the map when i got home and i was only 5 minutes from the bottom of the climb.. one for another day..

adamo trial saddle goes back today, it works for me in that it keeps the pressure off where i dont want it, ass bones are still adjusting but the mild discomfort is getting less on every ride so i will be buying one and that should be one less excuse to stop me from getting on the bike a bit more often

7th Feb core
    8th Feb treadmill 30 min run
    9th Feb 25k Bike
    10th Feb core
    11th Feb 5k treadmill, club swim 1700m
    13th Feb club swim 1500..

was hoping to cycle a bit more but a combination of crappy weather and laziness just didnt help, hopefully get a couple of turbos in over the weekend to get things back to normal

15th feb 63k bike, windy and hilly
    18th feb 5k treadmill run, 1800m swim, club swim, with wetsuit
    20th feb 5k treadmill
    21st feb 1000 swim, 36k hilly windy cycle

brewing a cold all week, all of these felt a lot tougher than they should have and thats why theres some 2 day gaps there.. club duathlon tomorrow morning but at the moment i dont feel like it.. might make more sense to take a proper break and recover rather than prolonging the cold..

funny week.. sick at the start of it , mad for road at the end
    took sat, sun and monday off, sniffles and general cant be arsedness, a lot of people i know have had a horrible hard to shift cold / infection thing, taking them 3 weeks to clear it and i was determined not to go down that road,
    tuesday 25th club swim,1800m wetsuit in pool, dont really like this as i find it too warm
    wednesday 26th 5k treadmill, bailed on a turbo as still not 100%
    thursday 26th 5k treadmill, pool swim .. approx 1500m
    friday 27th turbo 1 hour.. was gonna go outside but hail showers put paid to that.. set up the bike on the turbo and the sun feckin shone thru the window for the full hour..!!!
    brought the 5 year old to a fit kids kinda thing , 1 hour disorganised p.e. really but its a bit of craic for him and itl be good socially too.. stayed and watched it ..shouldve brought the bike and gone for a spin for an hour so an opportunity missed but it was good to watch him enjoying it.. next week bringing the bike or running gear as he told me afterwards, all the other parents left , so you have to leave..
    4 hour week , not great.. but i feel full of energy now in comparison to the start of the week so next week should be better

• Advertisement

sat 1st march 40k bike
    sun 2nd treadmill 30 mins
    mon off
    tuesday easy swim 750 ish
    wed off
    thursday 6th club swim time trial
    100 200 and 400 tts to compare to when we started in november
    novembers times were 100 in 2.50 and 200 in 7.01 no 400 time

i dont have last nights exact times to hand , but i took about 50 seconds off the 100 time, more than 2 minutes off the 200 time and i think the 400 time pretty much held the same pace as the 200...
    the 100 shouldve been faster..went totally balls out from the start and predictably i had blown a gasket by the end of the 3rd length.. died a death for the last 3/4 length..so if pacing was a bit better i think id be under 2 minutes...

there was probably a little bit in the tank for the other 2.. but would only have made a small difference..
    i was curious as to whether the sessions were having much effect, as everybody is improving at much the same rate its hard to see a difference..
    if i didnt make such a balls of the 100 i wouldve been first in my group, which is a huge jump from trailing in last a minute behind everyone so i have to be pleased with that..
    i know im still slow in comparison to most here, but its all progress..

few stupid questions, im going to ask them here rather than cluttering up the main page

1. is it a bit out of order for a non beginner to do a try a tri,( i think it is ) ive been asked by a mate to go along with him, i dont want to seem pretentious and seem like im above it ( im not ) but i dont want to take someone elses spot either, truth is there will be much faster swimmers than me there.. but still im not a ( total ) beginner .. its a bit of a trip and id rather make something of it than just go up and watch him

2. is this bike any good http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/turas-volata/6526549

3. so ive made a decent improvement on my swimming thanks to the club swims which are twice a week and predominantly technique driven, im probably going to add a third session and im wondering whats the best to do.. 1. to add a bit more speed, 2. endurance ( speed endurance )

friday 7th march.. 45 min cycle whilst eldest in at fit kids thing..
    sat 8th march.. local 5k race.. this was a 5 and a 10k and looking around the start there wasnt a whole pile of talent in the 5k, still i didnt realise just how weak the field was..
    i had been out the night before , up til 4 , and had a raging hangover and a sick stomach all morning, add to that a hilly course and a strong wind and it wasnt ideal day for me to be out running but i figured id be as well to do something

as usual i started a bit back from the front, it started and i found myself cutting through the field and up to third , yes third ! by the end of the first km, the second place guy is in the tri club with me and i know hes a little quicker than me on a good day so i just wanted to keep him in sight and keep as many behind me as possible, at 1k my laces were open but i wanted to go on as far as i could before i tied them, at 2k i was passed and put into 4th, got laces tied and went on, at 3k the wheels totally came off, ran the 3k in 12 minutes which is basically flat out for me and now my body had enough.. there was a water stop, so i stopped and drank properly, i thought only one passed me but actually 3 did, got started again but it was now going uphill and into the wind , so it was just torture, by 4k it was out of the worst of the wind and turning downhill again to the finish, i was closing on the girl in 6th but was afraid to kick by her too early in case she kicked and i couldnt hold it , so i basically ran on her shoulder til about 100 yards out and then kicked and she couldnt go with it, finished in 6th...( admittedly in a very weak field ) in 23 minutes..with a raging hangover running into a gale..first 3k in 12 minutes , 2nd 2k in 11 minutes !!! still havent run a lot this year..twice a week tops for last 4/5 weeks..all on the treadmill... its encouraging to think that without the hangover i couldve done a fair bit better.. .. couldve been worse :D
    wouldve taken a pb to make the top 3, even without the hangover and the conditions i dont think that would have happened..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

few stupid questions, im going to ask them here rather than cluttering up the main page

1. is it a bit out of order for a non beginner to do a try a tri,( i think it is ) ive been asked by a mate to go along with him, i dont want to seem pretentious and seem like im above it ( im not ) but i dont want to take someone elses spot either, truth is there will be much faster swimmers than me there.. but still im not a ( total ) beginner .. its a bit of a trip and id rather make something of it than just go up and watch him

If it's the race I am thinking of I know a lad that win it I think twice in a row a few years back, my eyebrows raised when I heard he was racing a tri a tri while he was a poor swimmer he certainly would do very well in a duathlon. He said no one seemed to care a jot and it was only a fun day out anyways

2. is this bike any good http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/turas-volata/6526549

The Turas from memory (I may be completely wrong here) are china frame imports and the lads build them up. I would expect they have good experience at this stage at doing this and they do have a good reputation down in their local area

3. so ive made a decent improvement on my swimming thanks to the club swims which are twice a week and predominantly technique driven, im probably going to add a third session and im wondering whats the best to do.. 1. to add a bit more speed, 2. endurance ( speed endurance )

If you could do 4 and both sessions you would see great improvement, 3 seems to keep the status quo but anytime I was swimming well it was always when I was doing 4 sessions a week

thanks.. 4 sessions a stretch at the moment, but il bear it in mind as main races get closer..
    if i did 4 swims now id have to drop running or cycling and im not doing a lot of that as it is

• Advertisement

have swim times now
    100 went from 2.50 to 2.08 ( dissapointed i thought it was more )
    200 went from 7.01 to 4.59
    400 had no time but new time 9.49

so 400 pace better than 200 pace, probably was holding back on the 200 after blowing up on the 100, i think theres another bit to get off all of them starting another block of club coached swims next week, hopefully will squeeze in the third session a week and get a few more seconds off these times, really want to get the 100 under the 2 minutes..

3 days off with shagged legs after hungover 5k
    wed 12th 1500 swim
    13th 5k run
    14th 7.5k run
    15th 85k bike
    16th 19k bike

17th nothing
    18th club swims back for another 7 weeks , 1500 ish
    19th nothing !!
    20th 5k run , club swim 1900 ish
    21st 5k treadmill
    today and tomorrow.. turbo planned for later, long cycle planned for tomorrow.. we'll see what actually happens

sat 22nd turbo with better half.. angels.. 1 hour
    sun 23rd turbo again .. despite it being a beautiful day outside.. blender 1.45..

tues 26th 1900 club swim
    wed off
    thurs 28th club swim called off.. so turbo . downward spiral 1 hour, mrs did it as well.. great motivation, quality turbo session for a change ..
    friday 29th .. afternoon.. 5.1k run very easy
    evening... swim with mrs and bro in law.. tried to do a few 100s off 2.30 in the middle of this.. did 5 , was shagged by the 5th .. did 300 before and 400 after , so 1200, might try them in sets of 3 next time and hopefully can do more..
    sat 30th off.. 5k tomorrow, had the kids as mrs working, so couldnt do anything anyway
    sun 31st
    morning 5k race.. nice day, not much of a crowd for the 5, prob more for the 10, anyway , ran 21 21 which is a 20 odd second pb, came 5th which tells you about quality of field, the top 5 ran together til 3k and then there was a break where 3 made a burst and i wasnt able to go with it, able or willing , im not sure.. anyway i didnt fold as much as the last few races , i ran from 3 to 4 in 4.30 , the splits were 4.08, 4.18, 4.00, 4.30 and 4.18 . .. twas a hilly little course too , someday id like to get 19 something, results like this with little running done makes me think its possible... if i can sneak to 20 something by the end of this year id be very happy and if i could translate this kind of running to a triathlon ( where i havent ran 5k under 25 mins ) id be ecstatic

afternoon.. 32k cycle.. i tried to do this reasonably hard as ive been doing a lot of slow cycles outside and i wanted to get a feel for what level im at.. 32k in 1.11.. heavier traffic on the roads than normal so had to slow at times for safety but im happy with it, wanted to see what i could expect for the 40k Olympic cycle.. should be around 1.30 ish given that it wont be as hilly as this was ..

mon 1st off
    tues 2nd april club swim, think 1900 ish
    wed 3rd off
    thurs 4th 5k treadmill, 1900 club swim
    friday 5h 5k run outside
    sat 6th 60k bike around lough conn.. early morning cycle, lots of creaks and groans from bike, think bottom bracket is either gone or almost gone
    sun 7th mrs did the club duathlon, i waited til after and did 23k cycle and 2k run..tried to keep pace up on the run a bit as thats where im hoping to pick up some time this year..

short week coming up as we are away at the weekend, if i can get 5 sessions in il be content with that, patsy kelly 5k on saturday evening, flat 5k, hoping to dip into 20 minute territory..

mon 8th off
    tues 9th club swim 2k
    wed 10th turbo 1 hr
    thurs 11th brick session 15 min turbo, 15 treadmill, 15 turbo , 15 treadmill
    club swim 2k

sat 12th april.. patsy kelly 5k.. crowbarred this into a very quick visit home.. was hoping to get under 21 minutes but didnt happen, i am dubious about the chip times but even allowing for that i wouldnt be under 21.. massive crowd, almost 900 ran, well run, nice course, congestion at the start line and first few hundred metres meant that i ran the second 500m fairly hard to get back on track and prob ran the first k under 4mins, was 7 something at 2k, 11 something at 3,3 to 4 and 4 to 41/2 were tough, slowed a fair bit 4 to 4/12 and picked it up too late , started watch on the whistle and stopped it a bit after i crossed the line and i have 21 25 on the watch, so thought maybe 21.15 or less, but chip has 21.23, wife has a difference of 20 seconds watch less than chip and she started and stopped the watch dead on the start and finish.. doesnt really matter, legs were tired, 4 hours driving and probably did too much with brick session on friday..

13 and 14th april off
    15th club swim 2250
    16th off
    17th swim 1750
    18th 5k run
    19th 52k bike
    20th 46k bike

itb trouble so not much running this week, will most likely test it out with a run ..prob brick run tomorrow

crummy week ..
    tuesday club swim
    thursday club swim 3k run
    nothing for rest of week, barring a short football match on saturday..

itb twinge now feels worse and maybe not itb at all.. physio needed if i can get time somewhere.. otherwise it could be another quiet week

• Advertisement
Advertisement