Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators

Options
  • 23-11-2020 9:48am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any possibility that we can make it so that people who moderate a forum dont show up as mods in forums they dont moderate.

I cant count the amount of times in my boards career I've seen people reference the fact that someone is a moderator elsewhere on the site when it's not relevant. 3 comments I've seen off the top of my head in the last month.

I guess trolling is allowed because moderators are doing it
    You are a moderator you should know better than to get into a flame war
    This is a crazy website. We have one moderator banning people for conspiracy posts in this forum and another posting conspiracy ideas.

Just because xyz mods the football forum doesnt mean that him being a moderator is relevant to the current affairs forum. We donr need to have a moderator label under his name.

I hope there is no actual moderator called xyz in the football forum. Name and forum invented to make a point.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback Ciaran. This is a feature that has been requested before and is on our list of features to be added at some point, however we don't have a specific time frame for when it would be added. It would definitely remove some confusion alright :)

Advertisement