Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It wasn't Bosco but... (part deux)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Lol with years of effort I had managed to block out the horror of Rimini Riddle. Thanks for bringing it back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

How did I ever forget that freaky show.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Claudia Carroll (Nicola from Fair City) did the voice of Aunt Vera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Mad show, I seem to recall an episode where Otto was stuck in some alternate dimension..or something to that effect. Maybe my mind is warped from that show though, quite possible. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

I use to watch Rimini Riddle on sunday mornings on Rte back around 94'. I never liked the show but I found myself and sister watching it every sunday morning. That Otto character that the youngest one kept so close to him was abit freakish. Then the teenager older brother with his headphones on 100% of the time. Ugh the thoughts of that show gives me the creeps....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

Mikosyko wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the puppet in Deep Fried Swamp? Ginger puppet along with an old man, Mossy Ferguson! :p

"Hungry for the ball lads, hungry for the ball!!!" :D

That puppet you were thinking of was called Basher later on he did some kind of children's art show which aired on the den round 2003/04 or so. He emerged from The Swamp as it was called along with Mossy ferguson but forgot what the name of the main presenter was - it was hilarious I found it more hilarious than the den!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

Rimini Riddle aired on a saturday in 1992 then moving to the Friday 5:55pm slot in 1994 which was followed by a repeat in that same year on a sunday at the same time as friday.

For those of you seeking out nostalgic programmes I would advise going to the Irish Times Archive yes you have to pay but there is a loophole if you are an member or external member of your college library you can pay for that membership and then go through to the Irish Times archive and see what you were watching over the years gone by.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Hope no one was planning on sleeping tonight

https://vimeo.com/134085100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Otto......shudderrrr

• Advertisement

otto.jpg?w=209&h=300

david75 wrote: »
    Dilín ó deamhas was a weird show.

All I can remember about that is the opening sequence with the song and a cartoon clown (at least I think it was a clown but I might be wrong) with a big bunch of balloons floating off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Some more clips have turned up via an episode of Don't Feed The Gondolas. Pretty brief but they do feature Aunt Veras creepy boyfriend speaking so we finally find out what he sounds like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Rimini Riddle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

More Rimini Riddle has surfaced on Youtube.

Advertisement