Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite dish repositioning

Options
  • 23-10-2020 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

My dish has been on my neighbours chimney for the last few years with their consent and they are getting work done on the house and the chimney is being removed. I don't have a chimney on my house and there are trees blocking the line of sight if it's mounted on the back of my house. So I'm wondering what the options are besides a long pole mounted on the wall, is there a mounting that I can get put on the roof or what other option would I have? Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Clitheroekid

Maybe your neighbour would allow you to place it on the wall of his house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Maybe your neighbour would allow you to place it on the wall of his house
    The trees are in the line of sight. The height of his chimney and it was just to the left of the trees made it perfect location.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,673 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Payton wrote: »
    My dish has been on my neighbours chimney for the last few years with their consent and they are getting work done on the house and the chimney is being removed. I don't have a chimney on my house and there are trees blocking the line of sight if it's mounted on the back of my house. So I'm wondering what the options are besides a long pole mounted on the wall, is there a mounting that I can get put on the roof or what other option would I have? Any advice would be great.

Did you put it up, and are you taking it down yourself? If you have those sorts of skills, you will probably be able to come up with something. If not get advice from whoever put it up / is taking it down.

Dishes can be at just above ground level if there is clear line of sight. If you have no line of sight from anywhere on your property, then the only way is to get above the trees. Not something many here would be familiar with probably. Loads of pictures on Google, but every situation would not be the same and you would have to figure out the best solution for yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

I got the dish put up by Satworld so I'll ring them next week and see if they can sort something out for me.
    I've been looking up brackets and poles to bring the height up. But let's see what Satworld suggests.

Advertisement