Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debenhams refunds

Options
  • 26-04-2020 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I returned two parcels to Debenhams at the beginning of the month before we heard the unfortunate news that they were closing.
    Their website is still taking orders and says that refunds will still be processed but I haven’t received any refund yet.
    I tried contacting them on Twitter but no reply.
    Unfortunately I don’t have any proof of postage.
    It was for three pairs of shoes so about €150.

Will I get this back at all?

Mods, feel free to move this. I wasn’t sure where to post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

It could be taking them longer to process orders and returns, theres already delays with most shops due to whats going on but id imagine with them closing down, they have even less staff available to process everything. If you dont get the money back, contact your bank (assuming you paid by card) and explain the situation, they should be able to get the money creditted back into your account. In the mean time, keep on at Debenhams, they have to pay you your money back. If they dont it's basically stealing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    I returned two parcels to Debenhams at the beginning of the month before we heard the unfortunate news that they were closing.
    Their website is still taking orders and says that refunds will still be processed but I haven’t received any refund yet.
    I tried contacting them on Twitter but no reply.
    Unfortunately I don’t have any proof of postage.
    It was for three pairs of shoes so about €150.

Will I get this back at all?

Mods, feel free to move this. I wasn’t sure where to post.

They are still trading online as I bought something from them last week. I would say they are probably just very busy as are many of the online shops. I am sure they will still refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

A few years ago I returned some shoes to Debenhams. It took about a month for them to email and say they'd received it and then a few more days for the refund itself. I actually thought the shoes had been lost and was kicking myself for not getting proof of shipping. Anyway I think they are just extremely slow at processing returns. They're still trading so I'm sure you will be refunded eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

I also returned a parcel on March 23rd...I have proof of postage and the tracking says it was delivered on March 24th yet theyre saying they didnt get it and now they wont reply to my messages. The only way I could get in touch with them was via Facebook. My returns were to the value of over €800. I feel like crying. Absolute disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Same here. Got jeans and returned them by post. I the meantime I ordered new jeans and they arrived no problem, but still no word on the first pair I sent back.

Posted them about a month ago. No response to any emails or Twitter DMs I've been sending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

I finally got my refund today.
    I’d be a bit nervous of buying from them again in case they stop trading...
    The free returns were great!
    No other department store left in Ireland. Although they weren’t a patch on Roches.

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    I finally got my refund today.
    I’d be a bit nervous of buying from them again in case they stop trading...
    The free returns were great!
    No other department store left in Ireland. Although they weren’t a patch on Roches.

Thats gives me a glimmer of hope. Had you got an email saying they got your return?! Ive got no confirmation of anything from them

I just got notified about my refund today, thankfully!

So they are doing it, just really slowly.

I just got notified about my refund today, thankfully!

So they are doing it, just really slowly.

And really slowly it is...its over 6 weeks since i sent mine. So please god I'll get it soon

audi02 wrote: »
    And really slowly it is...its over 6 weeks since i sent mine. So please god I'll get it soon

It was just about 5 weeks for me.

• Advertisement

It was just about 5 weeks for me.

I'm probably bottom of the pile😂😂

audi02 wrote: »
    I'm probably bottom of the pile😂😂

Hopefully you’ll get yours soon.
    I got email Tuesday and money was refunded yesterday.

Just an update...finally got all my money refunded today. Exactly 7 weeks and 3 days since I posted them. A relief that I got it and needless to say I will not be shopping with Debenhams again.

Delighted for you,

I wouldn't *not* shop with them again, in fact I had bought other jeans in the meantime and they arrived no problem with no delays.

Just be sure that what you buy you won't want to return! :-)

I wouldn't *not* shop with them again, in fact I had bought other jeans in the meantime and they arrived no problem with no delays.

Just be sure that what you buy you won't want to return! :-)

Ya well I might consider them if that was the case. I since got an email apologising about their customer service and there was a 10% discount code on it for the inconvenience that was caused.

Advertisement