Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Utility companies (NI) - noob questions

Options
  • 07-05-2015 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

Noob question -Hope Im in right forum -nearest I could find

Living in NI and currently with Power NI (Electric) and Airtricity (Gas) both on prepayment.

Want to switch over to direct debit and maybe switch suppliers and possibly even change to a night meter (for tumble drier etc)

What are the potential pitfalls involved (particularly in relation to switching suppliers) ? Have heard all sorts of vague rumors about a certain supplier being a "nightmare" but is there anything to this or is just FUD ?

If I switch and the new supplier suddenly puts up their prices or I am otherwise unhappy is it not just a matter of switching again or are there minimum contract terms, termination charges and other "catches". ?

Advertisement