Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea when to take weeks hols over July & August

Options
  • 18-06-2014 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I know, relatively impossible to predict but I have to take a weeks leave over July & August and would love to know if anyone thinks we're due for some sun over July & August?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

rustyzip wrote: »
    I know, relatively impossible to predict but I have to take a weeks leave over July & August and would love to know if anyone thinks we're due for some sun over July & August?!

I would suggest following Simon Keeling's weather update on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/WeatherSchool/videos

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Just watched it but pardon my ignorance, I don't understand what he means!

Any suggestions (hopeful or not!) about any good weather over JULY & aUGUST?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's too far away to tell accurately to be completely honest.

It's too far away to tell accurately to be completely honest.

Thanks, I thought as much.. but some of the people astound me on boards.ie with their weather knowledge so I was hoping someone might have an inkling :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

I booked a weeks holiday last year in Kerry on the back of the forecasts that I saw here and they got it spot on. Any chance ye can do it again this year please? Second week of August looking any good? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

gifted wrote: »
    I booked a weeks holiday last year in Kerry on the back of the forecasts that I saw here and they got it spot on. Any chance ye can do it again this year please? Second week of August looking any good? :)

It's not scientifically possible at the moment to make specific forecasts for such a small part of the world as Ireland at such a range. Even the best supercomputers in the world usually start making errors beyond about 5 days, sometimes earlier - so months in advance is just impossible. Any forecasts for such a small region at such timescales that turn out to be accurate is nothing more than pot luck, unless you believe in the supernatural. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

It's not scientifically possible at the moment to make specific forecasts for such a small part of the world as Ireland at such a range. Even the best supercomputers in the world usually start making errors beyond about 5 days, sometimes earlier - so months in advance is just impossible. Any forecasts for such a small region at such timescales that turn out to be accurate is nothing more than pot luck, unless you believe in the supernatural. ;)

Don't kill me dream please :D..I believe in ye folks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

OP have a look at this, skip to about 1 minute and 10 seconds, listen to Jean ;)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Could someone give me some help , im off to south-west uk saturday for a week , what can i expect weather wise?? thanks in advance

• Advertisement
Advertisement