Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB letters to landlords

Options
  • 01-06-2011 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I received a letter from the PRTB informing me that they've been swapping information with the Social Welfare about rental supplement recipients and I had been flagged as possibly owning a premises which should be registered with them. If I had recently registered it then ignore letter etc.

I do have rental supplement recipients in a property, which is registered, but this letter put a bit of a panic on me and of course it took till this afternoon to get through to them. Apparently its a standardized letter and everyone on the Welfare list got one, they never actually checked were they registered!

ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

So typical of the PRTB. Just trying to frighten an admission out of people, without thinking of those that have done everything above board.

So.... Don't panic if you get one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

They are putting the scare on people as they have to get a court order to exchange the information on an individual basis. It is a good plan to get people to register. The problem is it will actually be a reason why some LL won't accept RA.

More aggravation for accepting RA not exactly the way to win LL over to the system.

Advertisement