Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to London

Options
  • 30-05-2011 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am moving to London and have no idea where to live. Work is in Zone 2. So I need a place where I could commute easily and safely. Which part of the London is safe and cheaper? Where to look for a place to rent? What is required to rent etc etc. Ideally some sort studio apartment will be the best or a single room.

Any advice is the most appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

zone 2 is incredibly vast (it's basically a huge ring around the centre of London). where in zone 2 is it? my advice would be to find somewhere close to or on the same tube line if possible, as commuting in London can be very long and tedious...and expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭MGLman

zone 2 is incredibly vast (it's basically a huge ring around the centre of London). where in zone 2 is it? my advice would be to find somewhere close to or on the same tube line if possible, as commuting in London can be very long and tedious...and expensive.

I am not sure about the area name. but, the street name is the Holborn. On google map it is somewhere beside Islington.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

I'd live somewhere around Aldgate or Whitechapel. Pretty safe, close to where you will be working but also has a deadly nightlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Rent in London is seriously expensive, even a studio flat can be ridiculous.

Have a look at www.rightmove.co.uk and see what's available, you might have to move a bit further out to find somewhere affordable. Holborn is on the Piccadilly line so there are loads of nice areas to choose from either side of zone 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

There is a London forum on boards where you'd get better advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement