Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Shane St. wrote: »
    I was thinking of going huge on Sunderland +1. As a Utd fan myself I think we can afford to lose this one and a draw is not a disaster. It's going to be a shadow side with the Chelsea game so close

The Sunderland +1 @ 2.4 won't last too long on 365 or lads, it has shortened everywhere else.
    Bateman wrote: »
    There is needle between Sunderland and United fans over some slagging on the last day of the season last year when City snatched it from them.

I know that doesn't/shouldn't affect what happens on the pitch but Ferguson was thought to have been extremely displeased with Sunderland's attitude at the time as well so I think some of it may have spilled over to be more than fans' stuff.

That is something to consider, however there's still no way Ferguson will in any way, shape or form do anything that may see him lose a slight edge in the Chelsea game to get one over on Sunderland.

I'd be slightly worried about the players that he actually picks playing with higher motivation after what happened there last season. Still, I don't think it'll change things too much. United good to back against here imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

I would tend to agree sbout united having a game two days later not being at it but sunderland are so so poor atm and there defence of bramble and o shea is a laughing stock can still see uniteds second string winning with ease

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tomhere

Brazil v Russia Tonight at stamford Bridge. Any one fancying the Russians?

6.0 for the Win
    2.37 Double Chance

Russia to score over 1.5 goals @ 3.75. This brazil defence is pretty leaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Bateman wrote: »
    I just mean beat them, not hammer them. Spain losing this game would be a bit of a stuffing as it would make it very difficult for them to top the group. Spain in the playoffs, can you imagine. :eek:

They are making a big deal about Xavi and Alonso being back in the team but their fabled midfield went missing at the Calderon in the reverse fixture, if anything they aren't as worried about this one as they should be.

Very true if Spain dont win tomorrow they will get it very hard to top the Group. I do actually fancy France to get something, they've turned things around after a disasterous Euro's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Tomhere wrote: »
    Brazil v Russia Tonight at stamford Bridge. Any one fancying the Russians?

6.0 for the Win
    2.37 Double Chance

Russia to score over 1.5 goals @ 3.75. This brazil defence is pretty leaky.

Just read a Jonathan Wilson preview on the betfair site there and decided to lay Brazil at 1.63.

Agree the prices look a bit odd - Brazil don't look good at the moment and Russia should be pumped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

In the Russian games on today ....

In-game at the moment Petrotrest are at home to Spartak Nalchik, they seem very evenly matched so a home price of 5/2 is huge imo. Should be looked at.

As for later, Shinnik take on top of the league Tomsk. Tomsk are on a great run winning 8 and drawing 1 of their last 9 , while Shinnik are doing average enough, placing 12th in the league. Tomsk are evens to win, mostly because they're the away team. I cant see past them tbh so I'll take them for a small stake to keep myself entertained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If i recall correctly, which is easily checked anyway, Tom Tomsk at home scrong in both halves was kind of an epic bet before they had their winter break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

england u21's home to austria tonight in a friendly -1 @evens.

Just looking at their last few results and seem very strong at home.

21/03/2013 England 3 - 0 Romania Under-21s International Win
    05/02/2013 England 4 - 0 Sweden Under-21s International Win
    13/11/2012 England 2 - 0 Northern Ireland Under-21s International Win
    16/10/2012 Serbia 0 - 1 England European Championship, Israel 2013, Regional Stages Win
    12/10/2012 England 1 - 0 Serbia European Championship, Israel 2013, Regional Stages Win
    10/09/2012 England 1 - 0 Norway European Championship, Israel 2013, Regional Stages Win
    06/09/2012 Azerbaijan 0 - 2 England European Championship, Israel 2013, Regional Stages Win
    29/02/2012 England 4 - 0 Belgium European Championship, Israel 2013, Regional Stages Win

Going to back them -1 @evens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

JonnyM wrote: »

16/10/2012 Serbia 0 - 1 England European Championship, Israel 2013, Regional Stages Win
    12/10/2012 England 1 - 0 Serbia European Championship, Israel 2013, Regional Stages Win
    10/09/2012 England 1 - 0 Norway European Championship, Israel 2013, Regional Stages Win
    06/09/2012 Azerbaijan 0 - 2 England European Championship, Israel 2013, Regional Stages Win
    29/02/2012 England 4 - 0 Belgium European Championship, Israel 2013, Regional Stages Win

Cheers, I'm all over this. I have medium stakes on England -1 @ evens and England to win to nil @ 6/5.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Tomhere

Whelan and Sammon named in the Irish Team tomorrow night. Under 1.5 goals in the game at 2/1 looks a decent price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Austria U21 results have been fairly good and have a fine player in Raphael Holzhauser - 10 goals at u21 level - hopefully he is missing.

International - Friendlies U-21
    21st Mar 13 Austria U21 1:0 Slovakia U21
    06th Feb 13 Malta U21 1:3 Austria U21
    14th Nov 12 Greece U21 1:1 Austria U21
    International - EURO U-21 qualification grp. 10
    10th Sep 12 Austria U21 3:2 Scotland U21
    07th Sep 12 Netherlands U21 4:1 Austria U21
    International - Friendlies U-21
    14th Aug 12 Norway U21 2:2 Austria U21
    International - EURO U-21 qualification grp. 10
    05th Jun 12 Austria U21 4:1 Luxembourg U2

That said, England -1 at evens is certainly a bet I will be doing. 20 on.

Dzagoev to score and Russia to win is 10/1 with William hill... From nearly all the Russian games I've seen, Dzagoev is a fairly prolific scorer for them, he was joint top scorer in the euros I think ... Worth a few euro at 10/1 anyway

Edit: Looks like he doesnt even start for them anymore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Having spoken to a few people about the France v Spain match there is no consensus among some decent handicappers.

What do boards.ie finest have to say on this one? Where does the value lie?

France:
    Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur); Mathieu Debuchy (Newcastle United), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Mamadou Sakho (Paris Saint Germain), Patrice Evra (Manchester United); Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle United), Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle United), Blaise Matuidi (Paris Saint Germain); Jeremy Menez (Paris Saint Germain), Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Franck Ribery (Bayern Munich)

Spain:
    Victor Valdes (Barcelona); Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Jordi Alba (Barcelona); Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona); Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), David Villa (Barcelona), David Silva (Manchester City)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

cruais wrote: »
    germany @1.11, belgium @1.70, croatia @1.72 and a bit of golf with mr woods @ 3.50

( the golf part was bet by accident so hoping it will bring me luck :-) )

accum 10 euro

And it payed off! 4 wins outta 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Good shout. I've thrown the -1 England in a treble with Scotland (u21) -2 against Luxembourg (beat them 3-0 last autumn) and Brazil v Russia over 2.5 goals (12 of Brazil's last 15 games gone over 2.5).

15 returns about 95. should keep me interested for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Brazil v Russia - Under 9 corners @ 2.7 (Ladbrokes)

Ok this is it, make or break... if i lose this I'm giving up betting for a while. I've been doing a lot of research on the u21 games and this is the treble I came up with:

Spain -1 vs Germany
    over 2.5 in Belgium vs Cyprus
    England to win.

Spain -1 the obvious big one @6/4. but I'm confident if their game sin the past year are anything to go by. Right... Heres hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

anyone have team news for Brazil v Russia match please

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

will Zaha be starting for England u21?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

brazil line up

Brazil XI v Russia: César; Alves-Thiago Silva-Luiz-Marcelo; Fernando, Hernanes-Oscar; Kaká; Fred-Neymar.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

will Zaha be starting for England u21?

no zaha in squad https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BGOYuAeCMAA9sSX.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

he scored against romania so was just wondering.. I see he's not even on the bench! Palace must have called him back or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

he scored against romania so was just wondering.. I see he's not even on the bench! Palace must have called him back or something

its a friendly and pearce wants to use the squad

Wednesday evening at 22.30 in Chile

Union Espanola - U de Chile

Going on the home win @2.87/DNB @1.97

First of all because Union Espanola had the better start of the season.
    Second and the most important reason: This
    Not less than 6 U de Chile players are in the Chile squad to face Uruguay (hello card bet!!) tomorrow evening.
    3 of them played on friday against Peru so they are not all starters for Chile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Apparently earlier Powers had 1.5(1/2) for both teams to score-no in the Poland San Marino game.:eek:

Thinking of taking a France result in some form tomorrow,But not sure yet.Also interested in under 2.5 in Ukraine Moldova.2.45(29/20) is a fairly big price.Their game in October was 0-0.5/7 Ukraine competitive games have gone under and 6/10 for Moldova.Ukraine 1-0 @8.5(15/2) looks ok too IMO.

Will take that unders price but not really sure about France Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Juvisy double chance @ ~1.60 (Women's Champions League)

The odds on Juvisy have dropped from 5.00 to 2.95 so I did a lil bit of research...
    - Juvisy won the first leg 1-0 in France
    - in that game they had 11 shots on target, Goteborg had only 1
    - Juvisy missed a penalty
    I'm only taking double chance cuz a draw is enough for them to qualify for the semi final

Check out the video of the missed penalty LOL :D (the 2nd video)
    http://www.eurosport.fr/football/uefa-women-s-champions-league/2012-2013/juvisy-s-impose-dans-la-douleur-face-a-goteborg-%281-0%29_sto3676222/story.shtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+eurosport%2FIljw+%28Eurosport+-+Top+des+infos%29
    edit: reading the comments it seems she did it on purpose cuz she was offside, not sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Juvisy double chance @ ~1.60 (Women's Champions League)

The odds on Juvisy have dropped from 5.00 to 2.95 so I did a lil bit of research...
    - Juvisy won the first leg 1-0 in France
    - in that game they had 11 shots on target, Goteborg had only 1
    - Juvisy missed a penalty
    I'm only taking double chance cuz a draw is enough for them to qualify for the semi final

Check out the video of the missed penalty LOL :D (the 2nd video)
    http://www.eurosport.fr/football/uefa-women-s-champions-league/2012-2013/juvisy-s-impose-dans-la-douleur-face-a-goteborg-%281-0%29_sto3676222/story.shtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+eurosport%2FIljw+%28Eurosport+-+Top+des+infos%29
    edit: reading the comments it seems she did it on purpose cuz she was offside, not sure...

Video not available in Irlande....

Merde :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

oops lol this one should work:

penalty @ 1:16

Why didn't she take the rebound!?

• Advertisement

bradlente wrote: »
    Why didn't she take the rebound!?

Clever girl actually, she knows the rules.
    Ball of the post cant be taken again by the penalty taker.
    Would mean same player touching the ball 2x in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Treble of Belgium, Croatia & Holland @ 2.49 on Betfair.

Belgium should steamroll Macedonia at home after winning 2 zip against them on Friday. They have 4 wins from 5 and have only dropped points against Croatia who are joint top of the group.

Croatia should have too much away to Wales although this could be a banana skin if Wales get lucky. On paper, Croatia should win.

Holland with 5 wins from 5 should beat Romania with home advantage.

Not a huge stake on this one but seems like decent value compared to ridiculous value on other games.

the 2 sendings off really helped :D

4 am ko

New Zealand & Under 3.5 @8/5

I was going to do the over 3.5 goals but I read this
    http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/index.php?id=11&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=2212&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=10&cHash=1d90a5a6fe

inforfun wrote: »
    Clever girl actually, she knows the rules.
    Ball of the post cant be taken again by the penalty taker.
    Would mean same player touching the ball 2x in a row.

Oh

:o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So being unpatriotic here, but why are Austria 11/4 to beat Ireland tomorrow?

Looking at results so far in comparison to each other, both teams are on 7 points, both on 2 wins, one draw, one loss. Ireland has scored 7, conceded 8. Austria have scored 11, conceded 2. Bit of a difference there, and given Keane isn't playing, Ireland are a tad short on goal scoring options.

But then I'm basing all this on stats rather than having watched either team, so can someone explain if 11/4 is right, wrong or etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

So being unpatriotic here, but why are Austria 11/4 to beat Ireland tomorrow?

Looking at results so far in comparison to each other, both teams are on 7 points, both on 2 wins, one draw, one loss. Ireland has scored 7, conceded 8. Austria have scored 11, conceded 2. Bit of a difference there, and given Keane isn't playing, Ireland are a tad short on goal scoring options.

But then I'm basing all this on stats rather than having watched either team, so can someone explain if 11/4 is right, wrong or etc?
    Austria have drawn away 0-0 to Kazakstan as well as besting them 4-0 at home.
    Also beat the Faroes 6-0 at home.
    Their only real test so far has been a 2-1 loss at home.
    So the stats are deceiving Austria are the outsiders although 11/4 seems a touch generous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

wasnt planning on doing anything but you made a good case... good job :D

Headshot wrote: »
    4 am ko

http://www.nzfootball.co.nz/index.php?id=11&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=2212&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=10&cHash=1d90a5a6fe

A slight shortening of the odds on this

Gives me a bit more confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭mrdmb

for the asian world cup qualifications.. a treble of Australia, South Korea, Japan all to win at 2.42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Australia currently pissing on the chips, losing at home to Oman!

Holland - Romania tonight:

Hollands last 16 WC qualifiers at home (Going back to April 2001):

P16 W15 D1 L0 GS 45 GC 1(3-1 win vs Finland)

Which means 15 clean sheets, 14 of those were won matches.

According to the Dutch newspapers, the Romanian coach announced they will have a careful approach and try to get a draw.

Just like against Estland a Dutch win to nil with a HT result of 0-0 is very much possible.

Japan vs Jordan over 2.5 goals 11/10

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/15207/20130325/world-cup-2014-qualifiers-afc-jordan-vs-japan-live-score.htm

Japan beat Jordan in the reverse fixture 6-0 and if Japan win they will qualify for the world cup finals. Im sure Jordan dont want to concede so many again but i think there are goals in this.

Headshot wrote: »
    4 am ko

Gtfi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

No time for a write up today. Got this double from bettingzone, just over evens
    Holland 3/10
    Serbia 6/10
    50 on that.
    And 10r on Ireland Austria draw 9/4
    England 20/23
    works out at 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Expecting a comfortable South Korea win against Qatar today. South Korea to win both halves at 17/10 seems ok. -1 handicap at 8/11 should be achievable too hopefully.

Game starts in 15 minutes at 11 am our time.

My double for later

Belgium -1 @ 13/5 (home to Macedonia)

Finland -1 @ 8/5 (away to Luxembourg)

Pays just over 8's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Paddys special:
    Holland, Belgium and England 9/4.
    With Holland and Belgium at home expecting easy wins, is it worth taking this price as it seems to be down to England who are 10/11 to win the game.
    Just wondering what ye thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

My double for later

Belgium -1 @ 13/5 (home to Macedonia)

Finland -1 @ 8/5 (away to Luxembourg)

Pays just over 8's

Belgium -1 at 13/5 ???
    That has to be wrong. 4/5 -1 in most bookies. Could be -2 you have done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Paddys special:
    Holland, Belgium and England 9/4.
    With Holland and Belgium at home expecting easy wins, is it worth taking this price as it seems to be down to England who are 10/11 to win the game.
    Just wondering what ye thought of it.

Seems value in the 9/4 alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement