Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭warder6161

outside the main leagues segunda in spain ponferradina might be worth a look 9/5 and 22pts ahead of last placed opposition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

warder6161 wrote: »
    outside the main leagues segunda in spain ponferradina might be worth a look 9/5 and 22pts ahead of last placed opposition

Wee 20 on this. 22 pts is a big gap and at 9/5 I'm all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Toulouse @ ~1.55 (French Volleyball)

Last game of the season, Toulouse need to win to secure survival, Ajaccio need to win and others to fail to be in the play offs. Toulouse have won 7 of their last 8 home games, Ajaccio have lost 8 of their last 10 away games. Toulouse are playing at home tonight.

Get in!! What a day! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

warder6161 wrote: »

Great spot - won 2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

great picking lads
    didnt do any soccer today
    volleyball, rugby, loi, lower spanish leagues
    jaysus, what next?

the bookies get away with nothing here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Dundalk double chance/Finn Harps double chance @ 1.88
    both win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

eh i dunno wrote: »
    both win

Nervous enough at the end when UCD got a goal back. Myself and two friends had Dundalk, Finn Harps and Tahiti treble @ 9.2/1 so were happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Great spot - won 2-1.

I'll take that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Just been looking through the remaining premier league fixtures and thinking

Sunderland to be relegated at 5/2 looks a great bet they have by far the hardest run in are in terrible form and even got there manager saying they lack quality wigan are wigan and been there done it think they will survive southampton are pulling big results out the bag and my beloved villa finally seem to of found some form and hanging onto leads and with weimann benteke agbonlahor upfront have firepower to hurt any team reading look dead to me think it is now between

Villa
    Wigan
    Southampton
    Sunderland
    QPR

Out of those 5 i think QPR and sunderland will go

Thinking of going really big on sunderland

Any opinions welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Avfctom wrote: »

Sunderland to be relegated at 5/2 looks a great bet they have by far the hardest run in are in terrible form and even got there manager saying they lack quality wigan are wigan and been there done it think they will survive southampton are pulling big results out the bag and my beloved villa finally seem to of found some form and hanging onto leads and with weimann benteke agbonlahor upfront have firepower to hurt any team reading look dead to me think it is now between

Villa
    Wigan
    Southampton
    Sunderland
    QPR

Any opinions welcome

It's a great price on Sunderland one I'm going to take myself. They have the worst centre back pairing in the premiership in Bramble and O Shea. They have no creativity in central midfield and a tactically limited manager with no plan B. They are on awful form in the league with three draws and 4 losses in their last 7.

Their next 4 games are United, Chelsea, Newcastle and Everton.

Very good bet imo and have taken 100/30 price on betfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JLoftus

Villa
    Wigan
    Southampton
    Sunderland
    QPR

Any opinions welcome
    Drogmal wrote: »
    It's a great price on Sunderland one I'm going to take myself. They have the worst centre back pairing in the premiership in Bramble and O Shea. They have no creativity in central midfield and a tactically limited manager with no plan B. They are on awful form in the league with three draws and 4 losses in their last 7.

Looks like it has a right chance anyway lads! got on myself a couple of weeks ago at 10/1, you can still get 7/2 with paddys and stan james.

Drogmal wrote: »

After there next four games I expect them to be in the bottom 3 at which point they travel to villa park which will be a huge game could send them down and with villa wigan having winnable fixtures coming up the price just looks better and better any idea the injury Fletcher sustained for Scotland if he's out that's a massive blow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

JLoftus wrote: »
    Looks like it has a right chance anyway lads! got on myself a couple of weeks ago at 10/1, you can still get 7/2 with paddys and stan james.

At 7/2 it really is too tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Not to mind all that but Wigan even have a game in hand to Sunderland!!!!! Definitely worth a punt at 7/2. I'm gonna throw a bit on it myself.

I know they drew 1-1 with Finland .... but 13/10 for Spain to beat France is surely too good to miss?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Ghana v Sudan
    Ghana really need all three points to push on for WC qualification. Ghana beat Lesotho 7-0 in the opening game at home, then lost to Zambia 1-0 away. This Sudan team actually beat Zambia, but because they fielded an ineligible player the 3 points went to Zambia, but they also drew 0-0 with that same Lesotho team away! Ghana welcome back Muntari who was missing for the Zambia game, but are missing Ayew & Atsu who are two big enough losses. I still think Ghana should have the quality to beat this Sudan side. Sudan didn't even qualify for the African Cup of Nations group stages, they lost to Ethiopia in the preliminary round, Ethiopia then going on to finishing last in their group without a point! Ghana were extremely disappointed with their 4th place finish in the African Cup of Nations, losing on pens in the semi's. This is their first time playing since that loss (if you don't count the 3rd place play-off) so they'll be out to prove a point. If Ghana click they'll walk this one. I predict Ghana to grab all three points. I can't decide whether to go Ghana -1 or Ghana to win to nil. I have a small stake on Ghana 3-0 at the minute.

over 1.5 in the 3 LOI games @2.34

FatRat wrote: »
    Not to mind all that but Wigan even have a game in hand to Sunderland!!!!! Definitely worth a punt at 7/2. I'm gonna throw a bit on it myself.

Don't worry about that game in hand its man city away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I know they drew 1-1 with Finland .... but 13/10 for Spain to beat France is surely too good to miss?

Only saw the last 30 mins or so of Spain - France but France was the much better team back then and really deserved the draw if not a better result.

1-0 France or 1-1 seems the most logic outcome to me.
    Spain has quite a few good strikers but they dont put them on the pitch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JLoftus wrote: »

Tempted by that 7/2

Going to wait and see how I do tomorrow first though.

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    Only saw the last 30 mins or so of Spain - France but France was the much better team back then and really deserved the draw if not a better result.

1-0 France or 1-1 seems the most logic outcome to me.
    Spain has quite a few good strikers but they dont put them on the pitch.

I personally think Spain have too much class for France. In the big games, they will step up and win. I think they'll dominate possession and win comfortably regardless of good strikers. So long as their best midfield is on the pitch... Torres will do.
    Tempted by that 7/2

Going to wait and see how I do tomorrow first though.

Yeah, if the LOI games go well today I'm all over it. If not... Sunderland better stay up. Fletcher is injured also, probably be out for the next couple of games at least. So I dont think Sunderland will get anything at all in their next 4. United, Chelsea, Newcastle and Everton will beat them. They might scrape a point or two at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Cork Finally playing with 2 strikers,

Team Lineup
    Mark McNulty (G)
    John Dunleavy (D)
    Danny Murphy (D)
    Dan Murray (D)
    Kevin Murray (D)
    Daryl Horgan (M)
    Colin Healy (M)
    Shane Duggan (M)
    Gearóid Morrissey (M)
    Daryl Kavanagh (F)
    Danny Furlong (F)
    Darren Dennehy (Sub)
    Kevin Burns (Sub)
    Garry Buckley (Sub)
    Denis Behan (Sub)
    Danny Morrissey (Sub)
    Adam Rundle (Sub)
    Ian Turner (Sub)

They will not drop many points at home this season,

Cork City win @ 2.40 5/10
    Cork City City Asian -1 @ 4.150 1/10

Game goals over 2.5 @ 2.30 4/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

We managed to get a draw in Spain and we had lots of chances in that game. The atmosphere in the team is great, the new players (Pogba and Varane) are delighted to be here and Pogba was pretty good vs Georgia. We have lots of players in the team who have a good mentality and who are happy to represent France (unlike in the past). The only player who doesn't seem to care about France is Benzema, but playing vs Spain might motivate him this time.

I see a draw in this game personally, Spain can't afford to lose and we'd be happy with a draw as we'd remain top of the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Cork so score 2 or more @2.62?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

inforfun wrote: »
    Cork so score 2 or more @2.62?

Yeah I like it, fancy Furlong to score again, and Horgan and Kavanagh are always threats

Further from my last post; Sudan have only scored 1 goal away from home in their last 8. That was against Somalia who have lost 9/10 last matches. Ghana have kept clean sheets in 5/8 of their last home games. Out of the games they conceded, one was a friendly vs TUnisia with bags of goals (4-2) and the other was against Mali where they got a player sent off. Ghana to win to nil @ 4/6 looks value to me, even with the absence of Ayew and Atsu.

Following Cork Over 1.5 goals and Ghana -1 with small stakes :)

Following Cork Over 1.5 goals and Ghana -1 with small stakes :)

I would be more confident in Ghana to win to nil! I shall be watching the game closely...

I would be more confident in Ghana to win to nil! I shall be watching the game closely...

I hate win to nil bets. Mainly because it means one team cannot slip up for even a few seconds over 90+ minutes, and I rarely trust any team to do that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Speaking of Sunderland. Just looking at United last few results 5 clean sheets and with Fletcher out United win to nil 15/8 with skybet?

• Advertisement

Ghana v Sudan
    Ghana really need all three points to push on for WC qualification. Ghana beat Lesotho 7-0 in the opening game at home, then lost to Zambia 1-0 away. This Sudan team actually beat Zambia, but because they fielded an ineligible player the 3 points went to Zambia, but they also drew 0-0 with that same Lesotho team away! Ghana welcome back Muntari who was missing for the Zambia game, but are missing Ayew & Atsu who are two big enough losses. I still think Ghana should have the quality to beat this Sudan side. Sudan didn't even qualify for the African Cup of Nations group stages, they lost to Ethiopia in the preliminary round, Ethiopia then going on to finishing last in their group without a point! Ghana were extremely disappointed with their 4th place finish in the African Cup of Nations, losing on pens in the semi's. This is their first time playing since that loss (if you don't count the 3rd place play-off) so they'll be out to prove a point. If Ghana click they'll walk this one. I predict Ghana to grab all three points. I can't decide whether to go Ghana -1 or Ghana to win to nil. I have a small stake on Ghana 3-0 at the minute.
    Further from my last post; Sudan have only scored 1 goal away from home in their last 8. That was against Somalia who have lost 9/10 last matches. Ghana have kept clean sheets in 5/8 of their last home games. Out of the games they conceded, one was a friendly vs TUnisia with bags of goals (4-2) and the other was against Mali where they got a player sent off. Ghana to win to nil @ 4/6 looks value to me, even with the absence of Ayew and Atsu.

Ghana 4 Sudan 0 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

I done a double Tyrone (GAA) & Mark Quigley (1st Goal Bohs) but since that game finished 0-0 and he came on do I still get my stake on just the single am wondering?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

user2011 wrote: »
    Speaking of Sunderland. Just looking at United last few results 5 clean sheets and with Fletcher out United win to nil 15/8 with skybet?

I'd be careful. Man Utd have their FA cup replay with Chelsea only two days later on the Monday. They will definitely prioritize that game given they're 15 points ahead in the league. They'll probably field a fairly unfamiliar back 4, something like Buttner, Evans, Smalling, Rafael. Rooney, van Persie, Carrick etc. more than likely won't start either. There's not huge motivation for United to win this one either, I'd be wary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

francie81 wrote: »
    I done a double Tyrone (GAA) & Mark Quigley (1st Goal Bohs) but since that game finished 0-0 and he came on do I still get my stake on just the single am wondering?

Thanks

If the player comes on before the first goal then the bet stands I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

If the player comes on before the first goal then the bet stands I'm afraid.

Right I was thinking along them lines cheers buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

francie81 wrote: »

Thanks

well since he doesnt play for bohs your whole bet was gone anyway :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Blatter wrote: »
    I'd be careful. Man Utd have their FA cup replay with Chelsea only two days later on the Monday. They will definitely prioritize that game given they're 15 points ahead in the league. They'll probably field a fairly unfamiliar back 4, something like Buttner, Evans, Smalling, Rafael. Rooney, van Persie, Carrick etc. more than likely won't start either. There's not huge motivation for United to win this one either, I'd be wary.

Totally missed that! I'll give that a big miss so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

tinodz wrote: »
    Both SkyBet and Paddy have removed odds for the Copenhagen/Skive match now. They were accepting bets last night when I checked.

LadB have just closed the market too, The odds went 26/1 to 16/1 then shut in the last 10 minutes

Bet365 are insane. I saw odds jump from 28/1 to 6/1

There is obviosuly something VERY suspicious about that match. Not sure if the HT/FT bet a few of us are on will come in though

Had money on this from Friday on Bet365, but had my bet voided. Not sure if the rest of you got so lucky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont tend to bet on friendlies but nice odds on Russia DC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

I think the next 2rounds are very important in terms of the relegation battle. Wigan have 2 very winnable games at home to Norwich and Away to QPR, whereas Sunderland (Utd at home and Chelsea away) are unlikely to pick up any points and Villa could do well to pick up 1 point (Liverpool at home and Stoke away).

Will lay Wigan to get relegated at evens and back for profit, hopefully, after the next 2rounds.

7/2 and 7/4 for Sunderland and villa to be relegated will be a lot shorter in 2weeks IMO, just have to pick which one I fancy going down btw them. Considering Sunderland have home games against Everton, Stoke and Southampton and the only game I see that Villa should be winning (or i can genuinely see them winning) is at home to Fulham - ill have a decent bet on villa to go down for some interest in the last 8 games.

Hearing Fletcher out for the season for those backing Sunderland to go down. Wouldn't back it myself though

frat wrote: »
    I think the next 2rounds are very important in terms of the relegation battle. Wigan have 2 very winnable games at home to Norwich and Away to QPR, whereas Sunderland (Utd at home and Chelsea away) are unlikely to pick up any points and Villa could do well to pick up 1 point (Liverpool at home and Stoke away).

Will lay Wigan to get relegated at evens and back for profit, hopefully, after the next 2rounds.

7/2 and 7/4 for Sunderland and villa to be relegated will be a lot shorter in 2weeks IMO, just have to pick which one I fancy going down btw them. Considering Sunderland have home games against Everton, Stoke and Southampton and the only game I see that Villa should be winning (or i can genuinely see them winning) is at home to Fulham - ill have a decent bet on villa to go down for some interest in the last 8 games.

Villa already beat liverpool at anfield think we can get something at home
    Stoke have been in shocking form we have been to tougher places and won
    I can see us beating fulham and Sunderland at home

Let's say villa beat fulham and Sunderland at home that takes them to 36 points with

Liverpool home
    Stoke away
    United away
    Norwich away
    Wigan away
    Chelsea home

Out of those 6 I can see a minimum of 3 points which would be 39 points and safe

Where as Sunderland if villa and wigan do pick up points in there winnable games
    After Sunderland next four games of Everton Newcastle united Chelsea I can't see anymore than 2 points from those games which means they could travel to villa park in the bottom 3 after 11 games without a win and if villa pick up 3 points against fulham and 1 point from either liverpool or stoke and wigan beat noriwch get a point off qpr your looking at if villa win that game opening up a 7 point gap with 4 games to go so at 7/2 I'm all over Sunderland to go down as I see that situation panning out

Villa for me despite being a villa fan I have feared relegation all year but now I can say after back to back wins for the first time in two years narrowly losing tl man city and arsenal taking a point from Goodison where Everton equalized with the last kick of the game we have the momentum and the young players finally seem to be learning from there mistakes and holding onto leads think we will stay up comfortably

Villa already beat liverpool at anfield think we can get something at home
    Stoke have been in shocking form we have been to tougher places and won
    I can see us beating fulham and Sunderland at home

Let's say villa beat fulham and Sunderland at home that takes them to 36 points with

Liverpool home
    Stoke away
    United away
    Norwich away
    Wigan away
    Chelsea home

Out of those 6 I can see a minimum of 3 points which would be 39 points and safe

Where as Sunderland if villa and wigan do pick up points in there winnable games
    After Sunderland next four games of Everton Newcastle united Chelsea I can't see anymore than 2 points from those games which means they could travel to villa park in the bottom 3 after 11 games without a win and if villa pick up 3 points against fulham and 1 point from either liverpool or stoke and wigan beat noriwch get a point off qpr your looking at if villa win that game opening up a 7 point gap with 4 games to go so at 7/2 I'm all over Sunderland to go down as I see that situation panning out

Villa for me despite being a villa fan I have feared relegation all year but now I can say after back to back wins for the first time in two years narrowly losing tl man city and arsenal taking a point from Goodison where Everton equalized with the last kick of the game we have the momentum and the young players finally seem to be learning from there mistakes and holding onto leads think we will stay up comfortably

We can sit here all day going through potential results/permutations, ill stick with my bet though and hope it wins. Best of luck!

frat wrote: »
    We can sit here all day going through potential results/permutations, ill stick with my bet though and hope it wins. Best of luck!

Fair enough just think your betting on villa not to get 6-9 points out of 24 and at 7/4 is a poor bet IMO

Best of luck though bud but as a villa fan hope benteke goes a long way to it losing lol

Fair enough just think your betting on villa not to get 6-9 points out of 24 and at 7/4 is a poor bet IMO

Best of luck though bud but as a villa fan hope benteke goes a long way to it losing lol

Lol, good luck bud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Anyone else fancy France to stuff Spain and crank up some pressure on them?

They will be missing Jordi Alba and there are enough signs that a big away game is not really what they need right now.

I know St Denis isn't exactly a terribly hostile place but great teams tend to fall from grace quickly and without many people predicting it.

I suppose the draw is a serious runner but I think France have the tools to beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Blatter wrote: »

I was thinking of going huge on Sunderland +1. As a Utd fan myself I think we can afford to lose this one and a draw is not a disaster. It's going to be a shadow side with the Chelsea game so close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Bateman wrote: »
    Anyone else fancy France to stuff Spain and crank up some pressure on them?

They will be missing Jordi Alba and there are enough signs that a big away game is not really what they need right now.

I know St Denis isn't exactly a terribly hostile place but great teams tend to fall from grace quickly and without many people predicting it.

I suppose the draw is a serious runner but I think France have the tools to beat them.

You really expect France to stuff Spain? I can maybe see France getting something from the game as Spain continue to pass the ball to oblivion without doing much in front of goal but to get stuffed, I dont think thats going to happen somehow or another.

My best guess would be 0-0 or 1-1, France will be more than happy with a draw I think.

I just mean beat them, not hammer them. Spain losing this game would be a bit of a stuffing as it would make it very difficult for them to top the group. Spain in the playoffs, can you imagine. :eek:

They are making a big deal about Xavi and Alonso being back in the team but their fabled midfield went missing at the Calderon in the reverse fixture, if anything they aren't as worried about this one as they should be.

Shane St. wrote: »
    I was thinking of going huge on Sunderland +1. As a Utd fan myself I think we can afford to lose this one and a draw is not a disaster. It's going to be a shadow side with the Chelsea game so close

There is needle between Sunderland and United fans over some slagging on the last day of the season last year when City snatched it from them.

I know that doesn't/shouldn't affect what happens on the pitch but Ferguson was thought to have been extremely displeased with Sunderland's attitude at the time as well so I think some of it may have spilled over to be more than fans' stuff.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement