Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Japan, sweden wales russia all to win
    Holland, germany and spain all win to nil

44/1

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Have Japan, Sweden and San Marion +5 and also did Bale and Ibrahimovich anytime double.

*stocks up beer in fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

mrdmb wrote: »
    Internationals are back..!

in the AFC qualifications tmoro for the early afternoon..i see good value in UAE beating Uzbekistan.... priced around 2.35 for the home team or 1.73 for the DNB...

UAE are currently classified as the best team in western asia.. with 9 consecutive wins in their last games including friendlies and the Gulf cup...and leading their mid field is the talented Omer Abulrahman who is linked with a move in the summer to one of the premier league clubs.

Uzbekistan on the other hand..are more experienced...but shocking at times..in their last qualification game they failed to beat 10 men Hong Kong in their home stadium.

Back UAE to win or DNB....at ur own risk..!
    Nice one dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

NI and Russia is off tonight but could be played in the next 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Super-Rush wrote: »
    NI and Russia is off tonight but could be played in the next 24 hours.

On at 3 tomorrow, according to the football forum...

On at 3 tomorrow, according to the football forum...

Pending another pitch inspection tomorrow morning.

There's more bad weather forecast for tonight so it could be in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

San Marino(+5) Evens
    G Bale to score anytime 8/5
    Sweden(-1) 7/5
    Belgium 4/6

£10 fourfold returns £208

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Ozil Germany vs Kazhakstan
    Van Persie Holland vs Gerogia
    Villa Spain vs Finland
    Zlatan Swedem vs Us
    Bale Walesvs Scotland
    Rooney England vs San Marino
    Benzema France vs Gergia
    Lewandowski Poland vs Ukraine
    Cavani Uraguay vsParaguay

Anytime goal scorer

105/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Gone on sending off market for Croatia v Serbia on Marathon (my first time using that site)

20 on a sending off @ 2.32

10 on sending off and penalty @ 7.34

Some other trebles etc laid earlier in week.

Best of luck everyone!.

Sin City wrote: »
    Ozil Germany vs Kazhakstan
    Van Persie Holland vs Gerogia
    Villa Spain vs Finland
    Zlatan Swedem vs Us
    Bale Walesvs Scotland
    Walcott England vs San Marino
    Benzema France vs Gergia
    Lewandowski Poland vs Ukraine
    Cavani Uraguay vsParaguay

Anytime goal scorer

105/1

Walcott is out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Why no card markets on B365....anyone?

Edit : Apparently they won't be releasing card markets on Coratia or Belgium games, when I asked why..

"I believe it is to do with the sources we have available on certain games"

Croatia v Serbia
    Card market up now no value, over 7.5 cards 8/11 or under 7.5 cards 1/1
    Card before 20mins 5/6, Card after 20mins 5/6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Walcott is out.

meant Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

God Paddypower's website faults really f***ing grind my gears.

Placed (what I thought was) a small accumulator of Ibrahimovic 1st scorer , Bale anytime, San Marino +5 and Belgium to win. Wanted this because it was high odds and would give me interest in the games without having to deposit money as I had change in my account.

Put the same bet in a different window except with Bale 1st scorer in it to check the odds and then closed then window. Proceeded to place the bet from the first window with the anytime bet only then to see after the bet was placed that it was placed as 1st scorer :rolleyes: .

Don't know if I should blame myself for checking it in another window and not redoing the betslip out but I thought refreshing the page and seeing that Bale anytime was still there would be confirmation enough. Their website is disgracefully buggy.

Anyway,rant over... I have Ibrahimovic 1st scorer , Bale 1st, San Marino +5 and Belgium in a small accumulator for interest @ 79/1 but if Ibrahimovic 1st scorer , Bale anytime, San Marino +5 and Belgium comes off instead then don't talk to me :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wish people would put their crazy 100/1 accumulators over in the Daily Bets thread. It's really hard today to discern proper tips from flights of fancy. At the very least, I wish people would offer even an attempt at reasoning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

i think belgium are very short tonight based on what the have achieved in recent years, good players yes, but not an overly balanced team. Could and probably should win, but 4/6 is short.
    Spain (-2) at 8/11, holland (-2) 4/6 and france to win to nil at 8/15 appeals massively to me at 4.44/1 treble. Proven teams, should be far too good for their opposition. Germany (-2) appeals also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

So today i noticed that i had a spare €5 so i decided to pick 6 teams for tonights world cup qualifiers. I started work this morning and don't finish until the match's end - 10.00am. So i asked my brother if he could bet the 6 teams i wanted to win tonight for €5. He drops my betting docket into my workplace and gets to his own workplace. I collected my receipt from a friend as he collected it from my brother. I shockingly noticed that he wrote the 6 teams one underneath each other but forgot to write the ODDS. If i won the bet would i get the return as i calculated this morning with the odds on the website i'd get like €120+, or just get my bet back after the matchs been played. The thing is i can't go into the bookies ATM as i'm at work. Any Ideas in the T+C'S OF BetPack Bookmakers.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Right I've gone with draws tonight, think there are alot of sides playing against each other that could cancel each other out

Hungary v Romania - Romania favourties to win the game but Hungary have shown promise of late, I expect a tight game and hope that Hungary can contain the Romanians. prediction 1-1

Scotland v Wales - Two decidely average teams face off in Scotland where the weather is about the only thing that will be as dour as the football. prediction 1-1

Crotia v Serbia - I think Serbia will provide a tough test for Croatia, who in my opinion are the better team but they may just struggle to break down Serbia. Prediction 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

England -3
    France -1
    Spain -2
    Holland -2
    Norway win
    6/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

On PP Now. Done all mine already, crackin !!!!!!!

Place a 5-fold or bigger ACCA on our Both Teams to Score markets for Friday's World Cup Qualifiers and if just one leg lets you down, we will refund your losing bet. Conditions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No out and out striker for germany

I wish people would put their crazy 100/1 accumulators over in the Daily Bets thread. It's really hard today to discern proper tips from flights of fancy. At the very least, I wish people would offer even an attempt at reasoning. :(

I agree, my bad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I agree, my bad

In all due fairness, you wrote an essay on your reasoning compared to some :P

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Ozil could be a good shout for a goal, scored at least once in each other game in the group for Germany, albeit two from penalties!

In all due fairness, you wrote an essay on your reasoning compared to some :P

Was more of a rant about Paddypower's website than reasoning for the bet :pac:

Honestly can't find much value tonight at all. Staying away from backing anything big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

10ER on 0-0 sweden ire at 10/1
    draw hungary romania
    draw bosnia greece
    all singles

and a medium stake treble of
    under 3.5 first half goals eng san marino
    Wales+2
    Latvia Liech under 3.5 goals

Treble pays about 1.86

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Slovakia
    Austria
    Spain
    France
    Colombia
    Argentina

@2/1 ... One of the biggest accumulators I've done, but all of them are at home and huge favourites. (bar maybe slovakia). In World Cup qualifiers, the out and out favourite wins much more often than say the premier league or club football. So I'm very confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

Sweden lineup against Ireland: Isaksson, Lustig, Granqvist J Olsson, Safari, Källström R Elm, S Larsson, Ibrahimovic, Kacaniklic, Hysén

Ireland starting XI v Sweden: Forde, Coleman, O'Shea, Clark, Wilson, Walters, Green, McCarthy, McClean, Keane, Long

inforfun fancy anything in the Holland game?

Holland Team v Estonia: Stekelenburg, Janmaat, De Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind; de Guzman, Sneijder, Strootman; Lens, RvP, Robben.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Too much editing needed for the full line up but Belgiums last line is:

Alderweireld - Van Buyten - Vermaelen - Vertonghen.

BTTS @2.2 as someone mentioned earlier seems a pretty good bet.

magherakid wrote: »
    inforfun fancy anything in the Holland game?

Holland Team v Estonia: Stekelenburg, Janmaat, De Vrij, Martins Indi, Blind; de Guzman, Sneijder, Strootman; Lens, RvP, Robben.

Nothing of value in that one.
    Could be 5 or 6-0 if Holland scores a quickie or it can end like against Andorra 2/3-0 if the 1st goal comes late.

If you feel brave go for 0-0 at HT but i wont recommend it.

@2.75 for the Guzman to score isnt bad but with Sneider and Van Persie on the pitch he will not get anywhere near a free kick.

Blind to score may not be a bad bet, scored a few recently for Ajax but @5 for a defender is also a no no for me.

• Advertisement

Alright

bit on a treble of goalsscorers:

Pandev (MAC)
    Dzsudszak (HUN)
    Ibra

@27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Long 10/1 fgs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Long 10/1 fgs

That a Long shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Zlatan is evens to score anytime on betfair fixed odds.

Should come in imo.

inforfun wrote: »
    Alright

bit on a treble of goalsscorers:

Pandev (MAC)
    Dzsudszak (HUN)
    Ibra

@27

just noticed well done on your promotion :P

I am on the Ibra Wincast @ 2.20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

France win and under 3.5 @ 1.78

From what I read, Georgia are a VERY defensive side and we always struggle against teams that park the bus, I really like the line up though.

Also took San Marino not to score @ 1.36 in a few doubles, possibly the bet of the year? I was expecting 1.01...

magherakid wrote: »
    just noticed well done on your promotion :P
    Thanks, i think.
    Only doing it for the coke and hookers of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Over 8 first half corners Sweden v Ireland 5 in first 15 mins 13/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Also took San Marino not to score @ 1.36 in a few doubles, possibly the bet of the year? I was expecting 1.01...

Where did you get that?

• Advertisement

Austria! wrote: »
    Where did you get that?

Bwin, it was @ 1.10 pre game, but then it went up to 1.36 in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Not much to cheer about here apart from Ireland doing well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thanks, i think.
    Only doing it for the coke and hookers of course

Congrats!!

264s8yp.jpg
    Absolutely crazy odds, it has to be a mistake by the trader(s). The bet says BTTS = NO btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

greenman09 wrote: »
    Over 8 first half corners Sweden v Ireland 5 in first 15 mins 13/10

In with ease ;)

Nothing of value in that one.
    Could be 5 or 6-0 if Holland scores a quickie or it can end like against Andorra 2/3-0 if the 1st goal comes late.

If you feel brave go for 0-0 at HT but i wont recommend it.

@2.75 for the Guzman to score isnt bad but with Sneider and Van Persie on the pitch he will not get anywhere near a free kick.

Blind to score may not be a bad bet, scored a few recently for Ajax but @5 for a defender is also a no no for me.
    Being brave would have paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Absolutely crazy odds, it has to be a mistake by the trader(s). The bet says BTTS = NO btw.

San Marino were 1.2 not to score in England, so it makes sense they'd be higher odds not to score at home. But I agree it's a great bet, and I wasn't finding odds that good on it with any other bookmaker. I owe you one for that spot.

tinodz wrote: »
    I am on the Ibra Wincast @ 2.20

I like to think I helped Ireland get that draw with my bet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

tinodz wrote: »
    I like to think I helped Ireland get that draw with my bet

I REALLY helped them.....Ibra wincast and anytime, and ht/ft,,:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

10ER on 0-0 sweden ire at 10/1:eek::D
    draw hungary romania:)
    draw bosnia greece
    all singles

and a medium stake treble of
    under 3.5 first half goals eng san marino:(
    Wales+2